Levi's Vintage Clothing

hey whatuknow, could you please take yr crusade somewhere else, stop trashing this thread. for the last fucking time, i'll respond. yr so smart, got everything figured out, right. i never said i bought anything from the levi's website. i never said i bought 4 pairs looking to sell them. or even sell them here, i never posted anything in supermarket. you said so. i'm not trying to scam anyone, in fact, i was cutting sufu's members what i thought to be a pretty good deal.

now please tell me this, smart guy. the lvc 646's are in the spring2008 collection, for $175. why would levi's slash the price of the same jean to an absurd, never before seen amount for lvc? the new york stores still carry raw 47 and 55's from past seasons, at regular price. if your levi's store is selling the 646's for such a low price, it could be a typo, i'd shut the fuck up here and quit yr whiny bitch talk, and run out and buy them.

if you really must know, and you seem oddly hellbent on it, in a very unhealthy way, i got the jeans 30% off of the sale price in the store at the time. they came out to around 110 a pair. i've been trying to get the right pair of 646's for the longest time, and i went a bit overboard and bought all the ones in my size range, that seemed to fit when i tried them on. in reality, the 28's fir the best right now, but they'll shrink some, i think. in the washed model, the 31 fit the best, though the 32 were good too. so i stocked up, hoping to get the right pair for me, after years of wanting them, and then maybe make a few bucks off it too.

before listing them on ebay for closer to regular price, i thought i would offer some here for essentially my cost, becuase sufu has always been a great resource for me in the past (i've been a member much longer than my 6 posts on this name indicate, much longer than you and your misplaced attitude).

i guess sufu has changed, thanks for trashing a perfectly good thread, one of the few that were left

you're right data but the timing is just sooo damn convenient for this fuck. I'm not doubting the fact that the S/S 08 season is carrying the 646's again. But why the fuck would it ALREADY go on sale for "30%" when most stores have only just begun receiving the 517's? Whatever, I tried to call out on a fucking opportunist so anyone that wanted a pair didnt get scammed but instead I get flamed. Cool

I hate to jump in the middle of this, but seeing this last night, I did call 3 of the Levi's stores in the Chicago area.. it's true, they are selling the Deadstock LVC 1966 646 from Spring 2007 for $29 (with shipping, it comes to $36). I made sure the clerk opened up the attached LVC booklet so he could tell me whether they were from Spring or Fall, and to avoid any confusion of them being 1971 646's from Spring 2006.

I bought a pair of 34x34, hoping they'll shrink enough to the 33x32 size I wear in the 646 'Studio Worn' finish. With all the fighting, no one ever has really said how they'll shrink... I just figured it'll probably be an inch in both the waist and leg. I may have to get used to these being slightly longer than the "Studio Worn", I guess.

If anybody wants to buy a pair, I'd suggest calling up stores, asking for available sizes and if they'll ship to you. I don't know if they do international shipping, and I know each of the stores I called had more erratic sizes left at this point than more traditional sizes.

Well, now that I'm not lurking anymore, I guess I'll put up some pics of my LVCs in the next few days... I've got:

Spring 2006

1955 501 "Faithful" - darker rinse, worn about 14 months, mabye 4 washes. My favorites, worn damn near everyday.

1955 501 "Faithful" - ligher rinse, bought as defects off eBay ($10), patched up extensively by my momma :) ... not worn quite as much, as they'd been taken in to a 31 and are a little tight, but still wearable. These are the ligher shade like in the booklet.

Spring 2007

1966 646 "Studio Worn" - another pair of eBay defects (just a too-frayed area on the side of the waist, a belt covers it fine), I looove these. Hope the deadstocks are just as cool!

Fall 2004

1955 Sawtooth Shirt "Sawn Off" - yet again eBay, although not defective. A pretty cool shirt... have to get used to it being so short, though!

- Alex

hey what size do you wear in the studio wash 646? (and thank you for steering this back to what it should be) i'm still looking for info on the rigid vs. studio worn. pls let me know how you wash them, and how they turn out. thanks

also, 14th street nyc store has the 517's raw, and they look really, really nice. may have to rethink this whole 646 thing, after all. ha

(and last time- they have bells left, they are $175, tagged from spring 07 collection) they're in the case, right in the middle of the store. an employee laughed at me when i asked if they'd ever been on sale for 26 dollars.

Time for some FULL CUT jeans. LVC 201 from 2007 F/W. Look at that deep true blue hue! Gotta love it.

Leisure pic (I am a proud denim maniac, I don't care 'bout my livin', just jeans and indigo in my head!):

1DSC01020.jpg

1DSC01022.jpg

1DSC01026.jpg

Well done sir. In the true spirit of denim workwear!

Pink: I wear 33x32 in "Studio Worn".

Got my deadstock 646's today.... at 34x34, pretty damn big for me. The waist may tighten up to fit ok but I'm pretty sure after they shrink I'll still need to have them hemmed.

Does anyone out there know if the 3% is the max shrinkage I'll get, or can I push for more by running them through a dryer or something? I'm thinking about taking a hot soak with them on tonight for a half hour or so... then wearing them 'till they dry. That sound like a good idea? Or should I just run them through the dryer right after the soak?

Thanks, appreciate it.

- Alex

Since the tag says 3% shrinkage, that comes out to 1.02 inches they should shrink... I doubt it'll go that much in the length, but mabye the waist. Since these are sanfordized (right?), they COULD potentially shrink up to 5%, at least that's what I've read of sanfordized denim in general around here... feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. There are people on this board that certainly know more than me.

OK i am a LVC newbie but i want to know more since i bought a pair

i just got a pair of captial E LVC 1947 from denimbar and somehow that 2 spots are different from online picture that i researched and the one i got.I think i just got a fake pair but i am not sure so i want the pros of LVC in superfuture help me out for authentic check

one:from what i see online in japanese website the levis red tab/flag have no R circle on the tag but the one i got has it althrough it is captial E

1312.jpg

two:i noticed that i am missing the tag from inside pocket

111.jpg

these are the 2 differences i found from my LVC than others from website

did i got a fake pair or its just differneces between japanese version and american version

i got this from denimbar and i hope this is not a fake pair because from what i heard "denimbar" got a good reputition and they don't sell fakes

OK i am a LVC newbie but i want to know more since i bought a pair

i just got a pair of captial E LVC 1947 from denimbar and somehow that 2 spots are different from online picture that i researched and the one i got.I think i just got a fake pair but i am not sure so i want the pros of LVC in superfuture help me out for authentic check

one:from what i see online in japanese website the levis red tab/flag have no R circle on the tag but the one i got has it althrough it is captial E

1312.jpg

two:i noticed that i am missing the tag from inside pocket

111.jpg

these are the 2 differences i found from my LVC than others from website

did i got a fake pair or its just differneces between japanese version and american version

i got this from denimbar and i hope this is not a fake pair because from what i heard "denimbar" got a good reputition and they don't sell fakes

Levi's does not have the same trademarks in Japan as they do in the West, so they don't need to put the circle R on their Japanese product.

I dont know about the tag, it's probably just placed differently on your pair than on the Japanese ones.

I'm sure yours are real.

Just to share my experience....bought 47's raw 36x36 wanting them to shrink to 34x34. Did a 40degree wash with no detergent and they've came out 33x32 rendering them almost useless!!

Think they'll be up in the market soon so if anyone is interested PM me.

Levi's does not have the same trademarks in Japan as they do in the West, so they don't need to put the circle R on their Japanese product.

I dont know about the tag, it's probably just placed differently on your pair than on the Japanese ones.

I'm sure yours are real.

ok , thank you for the imformation

well then , i got a pretty good deal on my levis since is 95 dollars on sale

Just to share my experience....bought 47's raw 36x36 wanting them to shrink to 34x34. Did a 40degree wash with no detergent and they've came out 33x32 rendering them almost useless!!

Think they'll be up in the market soon so if anyone is interested PM me.

my goodness , i got a pair of 29x32 and i don't want to shrink that much because i m not able to wear if they sized down 3 (my waist is 28)

maybe i have to drycleaned them or wear on them while i m doing soaking so they will fit on my body

There are two factors: shrinkage and real size compared to tagged size. Real size of 47's raw is somewhat smaller than tagged size; real size of this seasons 44's is considerably larger than tagged size. In addition 47's shrink more than 44's. Buy 47's oversized, 44's undersized.