Levi's Vintage Clothing

Where to cop deadstock LVC 1947 in 38 inseam?

I second this, cuz I like to wear my jeans with big folsom style cuffs and a 34 inseam ain't cutting it, but that is all they carry in the levis stores.

seems that description is a contradiction... it says theyre preshrunk... then it says theyre dry

obviously they are prewaashed being that they are 505s, so that dry explanation is probably just a default desripttion for all LVCs

Thanks. It seem their measurements are well off as well. They reckon the 32" waist has a 7" knee and 8" hem which would mke them bootcut ?? :eek:

if anybodys interested, I´ve listetd my brandnew, only tried on, 551ZXX,

the cut is nearly similar to 1947s, but much more cooler, unfortunately mine

are too big for me otherwise I´d never give em way, knowing of the best quality Levis

ever did with their LVC Jeans:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320206381156

I. m with Jo on this one , the LVC products around this time were fantastic repros . Quality of denim , finish and detailing is amazing . I previously have owned 201s from this period and currently have unworn 551zxx (34/32) , these are so f***in good I just look at them ( i have plenty of others to wear !!!) see pics a page or two back in this thread . I am not shillin but seriously I would recommend these to anyone , if they werre 34/32 I would buy tem as a second pair .

Btw , anyone got a pair of Valencia St 1955s in 34/34 or 36/34 . Would be very interested .

Bullen, are you talking about the raw versions? (Previous washed versions were small/to size, but raw were oversize).

Hiro; these looser jeans are definitely harder work for fading. But I'm pretty happy with the fade on my 1901s. YOu don't get as pronounced whiskers, but you get a good overall fade, and if the new jeans are like those of a couple of years ago the denim is nice and dark. Check em out on the 501 thread linked earlier.

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=599608&postcount=2

you have a great collection but i wonder why you cant seem to get a decent fade on any of your lvcs?

i dont know if its the same issue, but i have teh 1890 lvcs, and they are a bitch to fade im at about 5 months and there is only slight wear, i gave em a wash like 4 months in and there was almost no change, and i was wearing them pretty hard for a while.

No, I was actually talking about the raw ones. A friend of mine who have the old ones tried on a pair of the new ones today and he told me the new ones were quite alot smaller in the waist compared to the old ones when he bought them. They are not small in size as the 1947, but I think they are smaller in size than the previous ones.

what size should i get in 1947's 501? im waist 28.5-29, apc ns in 26 and apc nc in 27, dior mij 19cm in 28... any help is appreciated

was thinking of getting a 30 waist since im a slim guy but lilldavid's size 30 thigh measures 9.5"?? thats real slim

double this measurement.

dont know if its been posted yet but heres an email from cultizm

outlook for next week: - Levi's Vintage

# The Rigid Packages of the Year's 1933, 1944 and 1955

# 1880's Knappave Jeans

# 1901 501xx Jeans

# 1933 501xx back again

# 1944 the WW II Jeans

# 1955 Sawtooth Denin Shirt, Rigid

# 1906 Granddad Sunset Shirt

cant wait for the 44's!

Ok i'm confused. I though the lvc 505 was from 1967 and also sanforized. According to this the 505 is 1966 and unsanforized :confused:

http://www.oipolloi.com/store/LevisVintage-19665050217ShrunkJeansIndigo-2628.html

don´t worry the 505s are now a bit oversized, my are W30 L33 but actually fit like W31 L34, so they will shrink down to the stated size, I hope!

By the way: I soaked my 505s for 4-5 hours in boiling water and the only shrank down in waist but no inch in length, this is somehow odd I think, odd for 10% shrinkage!?????

Actually the 505s were the first sanforized jeans made by levis. That oipolloi link is wrong, because they say they are preshrunk, but they are just sanforized. They will shrink a bit, but nothing like 10%.

okay so i was at urban outiftters and they stock LVC for levis..

whys it 50 dollars (think it was levis 514 dry) when on denimbar they're on sale for 100?

im a bit confused... the 50 dolalr ones have no selvedge correect??

or are the ones im talking about two totally seperate things?