Levi's Vintage Clothing

Made in USA on the patch.

Made in Turkey on the label

Both can't be right!

Bought today these jeans. No clue if they are fake or not but dude was swearing they are 100% ok. Well, 15€ isn't too bad anyway lol

img0513ul.jpg

img0515sf.jpg

img0516y.jpg

I really don't see the point of buying LVC jeans that aren't historically accurate. Isn't that the point of the line? I'm not against inventing something new, but it shouldn't be part of LVC. And if I'm just looking for a pair of jeans with great denim, I would buy a pair of Warehouse.

Give them another few years and they'll be vintage in their own right......however bear in mind they were the first jeans to be released - I guess LVC got more knowledgeable and more careful with their reproductions as time went by and they developed the brand and it's direction more clearly. And I suspect they were just releasing 3 pairs of jeans they felt were representative of 3 different eras at inception of the brand. It happened 2 (the more recent) were more historically accurate. I think the 201 has developed a bit of a niche following in it's own right which is why people buy them, but obviously everyone has their own view on whether there's any point to them or not.

Made in USA on the patch.

Made in Turkey on the label

Both can't be right!

Maybe not right, but that's how they are! AFAIK all the Turkish jeans (some 505 and most of the washed) carry the US-made legend on the 2-horse patch, because that's how the original looked.

(Yes, maynard, I know the originals weren't made in Turkey!)

The ® was used on all USA made LVC until the past few years whether it was historically accurate or not. I think this decision was based more on Levi's belief that if they didn't put the ® on the tab they might lose the trademark than that they thought they were producing something special.

Correct. That's why they don't add the 'R' on the Japanese jeans, essentially because they don't have the trademark there.

I really don't see the point of buying LVC jeans that aren't historically accurate. Isn't that the point of the line? I'm not against inventing something new, but it shouldn't be part of LVC. And if I'm just looking for a pair of jeans with great denim, I would buy a pair of Warehouse.

I think many people like those jeans (I don't especially), just because they look pretty good and are reasonably rare. It's a bit like Gibson's first repro of the Les Paul, where they fucked up many details, but they're quirky and hence have a cult following of their own. In the case of the '201' they're also made at Valencia St, which matters to some people - it gives a little historical resonance, which makes up for the inaccurate details.

333 are looking good, allen!

Maybe not right, but that's how they are! AFAIK all the Turkish jeans (some 505 and most of the washed) carry the US-made legend on the 2-horse patch, because that's how the original looked.

(Yes, maynard, I know the originals weren't made in Turkey!)

Correct. That's why they don't add the 'R' on the Japanese jeans, essentially because they don't have the trademark there.

I think many people like those jeans (I don't especially), just because they look pretty good and are reasonably rare. It's a bit like Gibson's first repro of the Les Paul, where they fucked up many details, but they're quirky and hence have a cult following of their own. In the case of the '201' they're also made at Valencia St, which matters to some people - it gives a little historical resonance, which makes up for the inaccurate details.

333 are looking good, allen!

Thnaks Paul,

LVC made a 333 work shirt also and I almost pulled the trigger on it. I wish that I did.

Those look fantastic, AFUSMC. Were they the rigid or the 'Broken Raw' model?

What did the 333 workshirt look like? Don't remember that piece...

Roy, Dejan only had the broken raw, these have been worn A LOT I have them on now. my fav LVCs. IIRC they were the same denim which is amazing BTW and buttons up the front and one pocket on the left breast?

A few people asked me for info on the new LVC shirt I posted the other day- here are a few more pics and everything I know about it:

5560111973_b990cb28a2_o.jpg

5560689750_40e5a51b2f_b.jpg

The tag reads "Workman shirt- Dirty White Stripe". The tag reads 100% cotton, but the guy at the LVC shop told me this was a mistake, and confirmed with the designers that the shirt is a linen/cotton blend. The stripes are indigo dyed.

The shirt has a very convincing wash- it looks like it was worn hard and has been hanging on a hanger in a nice dry closet for the last 40 years. There are faint yellowish/rust streaks throughout the fabric, and the sleeves have set in wrinkles and the cuffs and lower sleeves in particular look like those of a well-loved, very old linen shirt.

Not for those who want a new looking old-style shirt, this looks so much like an actual vintage shirt from the early 1900s I think it would fool many vintage experts, except for the lack of smell and solid threadwork.

It looks like only the LVC shops have it in stock now.

Price is $209.

Measurements for the size M:

pit to pit: 21.5"

shoulders: 18"

sleeve hem to cuff: 27"

waist: 23"

The sleeves are cut slightly long, but this works perfectly with the overall cut/style of the shirt.

Would it be a silly question to ask where I can find measurements for the 1967 505 on cultizm? I'd really like to grab a pair but it seems like sizing on LVC denim is pretty hit or miss.

http://www.cultizm.com/product_info.php?info=p80_Levi--180-s--Vintage-Clothing-1967-505-Jeans-Rigid.html

Would it be a silly question to ask where I can find measurements for the 1967 505 on cultizm? I'd really like to grab a pair but it seems like sizing on LVC denim is pretty hit or miss.

http://www.cultizm.com/product_info.php?info=p80_Levi--180-s--Vintage-Clothing-1967-505-Jeans-Rigid.html

They are indeed about a half to a complete W size under. Best is to mail Cultizm and ask for actual measurements. What is your waist size?

Edit: full measurements table on Caliroots: http://caliroots.com/c-store/product.asp?id=12158

Well then, mail Cultizm, they usually answer within a day. I really don't bother with that sort of details, these jeans have a fairly high rise, slightly tapered leg and small leg opening. That's really all I need to know :P

Joe.net has a good set of measurements for some sizes of the current LVC models:

joe.net/LVC

just use Google translate to translate the individual model pages.

For the 67-505:

Marked size........ 31.........32...........34

Exact waist........81cm.....83cm.....88cm

Front Rise.........26cm.....27cm......28cm

Thigh width.......25cm.....26cm......27cm

Cuff width.........20cm.....20cm......21cm

I think I have that translated right, not entirely sure if the "thigh" measurements are indeed for the thigh, but they sound right.

If Cultizm's offerings are 2009/2010 models, this should work.

holy shit 9.84 inches in the thigh. yeah that definitely will not fit..

Wait for Cultizm's reply, they might carry a different batch/year. And if necessary, size up, nothing wrong with that. I'm W34-ish and need 36 in 'm anyway. Just avoid buying them too big. 505's don't take oversizing well, don't want to end up looking like you're wearing diapers. Else: great jeans, beautiful denim, very authentic sixties look. They have some old school "shrink and stretch back" going on everytime you wash, but that's normal. Good choice of jeans ;)

I am pretty pissed. 98$ is a good deal sure, but 19.97 is an amazing deal. If I had a business I'd stand by my advertised prices, actually isn't that the law? I called Levis and they claimed there was nothing they could do as it was a 'site error'. They didn't make a single concession other than 'our sincerest apologies'.

I'm looking for a little help on my next Levi's purchase.

Aside from the obvious difference of one being made in the US and the other being "Imported", are there any big quality differences between the two?

Leaning more towards the "Made in USA" version over the imported, but if I can save myself $70, I will.

Reference:

Imported 501's - http://bit.ly/gm87ws

USA 501's - http://bit.ly/h1NKql

Thanks!

wow i didn't know Levi's made Skinny 511 Raw Selvedge....any thoughts on these?

http://us.levi.com/product/index.jsp?productId=10952315&cp=3146842.3146854.3691990.3146853

I think the Matchstick is a better alternative. I own a pair of these:

http://us.levi.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4086260&kwCatId=&kw=matchstick&origkw=matchstick&sr=1

Aside from the silk-screened back pocket, they are nice.