Levi's Vintage Clothing

Another potentially amazing piece from LVC that appears to only be available on this Swedish website and is ruined by distressing (looked at the torn fabric along the bottom!!!).

http://www.meadowweb.com/en/art/lvc-sunset-coat-cinnamon.php

The model wearing it looks pretty distressed himself...

Great shirt Roy....what'd that set you back?

It was pretty reasonable, IMO, considering the quality and (apparently) small batch- just over $200 (approx 130GBP). So far as I can see, the only place carrying this shirt is the LVC store.

The model wearing it looks pretty distressed himself...

Aw, I like the Meadow models, in that they look pretty much like normal guys. Anyway, consider the alternative:

5556717770_a6223a41d8_z.jpg

Another potentially amazing piece from LVC that appears to only be available on this Swedish website and is ruined by distressing (looked at the torn fabric along the bottom!!!).

http://www.meadowweb.com/en/art/lvc-sunset-coat-cinnamon.php

Reminds me of the school caretaker from Grange Hill!

I'm looking for a pair of LVC Jeans that have a buckle back and a slimmer leg. Any particular years that come to mind, and where to cop? thanks all.

those new 1878 pantaloons are your best bet, i'd say - all the other cinch back LVCs i've ever seen have been very roomy, but they look fairly figure hugging...

Guest rusholmeruffian

If you can get hold of a pair of the very early 1937 501XX's which were mis-labelled 201xx's (released around 1997). They are a slim cut,

I'm looking for a pair of LVC Jeans that have a buckle back and a slimmer leg. Any particular years that come to mind, and where to cop? thanks all.

I have all of the bucklebacks and they are roomy to very roomy. But you might consider sizing down 1 or 2 from measured W size in a pair of 1890's or 1901's. These jeans are cut to be worn high on the waist (almost up to the belly button...). If you wear m low under the waist, especially if you have a slim body line, they might actually turn out pretty good sort of 'Victorian skinny'. One advise if you're gonna try that: shrink them in a bath tub and let dry on you!

ANd indeed, the 1878 pantaloons are much slimmer than their contemporary 501's, but they're also a totally different style.

the 1937 201xx is a very slim buckleback jean if bought in your normal stf size. they turn up on ebay fairly regularly. they are not historically correct but they are very well made, fit similar to a 47' and have very high quality denim.

the 1937 201xx is a very slim buckleback jean if bought in your normal stf size. they turn up on ebay fairly regularly. they are not historically correct but they are very well made, fit similar to a 47' and have very high quality denim.

I want to find a pair of these, I have the 37 501's and I'm finding them a bit too roomy for my liking. A 47'ish cut with a cinch back and crotch rivet would be perfect

I have all of the bucklebacks and they are roomy to very roomy. But you might consider sizing down 1 or 2 from measured W size in a pair of 1890's or 1901's. These jeans are cut to be worn high on the waist (almost up to the belly button...). If you wear m low under the waist, especially if you have a slim body line, they might actually turn out pretty good sort of 'Victorian skinny'. One advise if you're gonna try that: shrink them in a bath tub and let dry on you!

ANd indeed, the 1878 pantaloons are much slimmer than their contemporary 501's, but they're also a totally different style.

Get two sizes under your size i.e. a 32 if you’re a 36 in the 1890 and they are a slimmer fit like a 47 once shrinkage is complete and worn at waist level , hard to break in though as the denim is completely different to later LVC models(IMO)

Get two sizes under your size i.e. a 32 if you’re a 36 in the 1890 and they are a slimmer fit like a 47 once shrinkage is complete and worn at waist level , hard to break in though as the denim is completely different to later LVC models(IMO)

Indeed, the 1890's break in differently, but they turn out beautiful, the combination of the very vintage style with denim fading, whiskering, roping is amazing. This reminds me, must post evo pics of mine one of these days.

I want to find a pair of these, I have the 37 501's and I'm finding them a bit too roomy for my liking. A 47'ish cut with a cinch back and crotch rivet would be perfect

keep checking ebay. the nice thing is they are all 555 and are very reasonably priced compared to other 555 models. here is my experience with them: i bought my normal stf size, raw they were tight in the hips and were hard to button. very narrow in cut. i wore them in the tub and kept them on until dry. the next 2 washes i put them on the delicate cycle and let them hang dry. the result was these are some of the best fitting LVC's i own. slim but not tight with room in the right places. i now wash them normally and let them hang dry and they have kept the same fit. i originally didn't care for these, but got a pair for the right price so i figured i would try them out. i removed the buckleback on mine as i did not like the buckle and because of the slim fit. i now wear them all the time and like them very much. the denim on these are well above average for LVC but they are slow to fade and tough to break because the denim is heavy and tightly woven.

keep checking ebay. the nice thing is they are all 555 and are very reasonably priced compared to other 555 models. here is my experience with them: i bought my normal stf size, raw they were tight in the hips and were hard to button. very narrow in cut. i wore them in the tub and kept them on until dry. the next 2 washes i put them on the delicate cycle and let them hang dry. the result was these are some of the best fitting LVC's i own. slim but not tight with room in the right places. i now wash them normally and let them hang dry and they have kept the same fit. i originally didn't care for these, but got a pair for the right price so i figured i would try them out. i removed the buckleback on mine as i did not like the buckle and because of the slim fit. i now wear them all the time and like them very much. the denim on these are well above average for LVC but they are slow to fade and tough to break because the denim is heavy and tightly woven.

I still find it funny to see how what's basically a complete screw up (it's not a 201 and neither 201's nor 501's from that era are anyone's idea of a 'slim fit') can become so legendary. :rolleyes:

I still find it funny to see how what's basically a complete screw up (it's not a 201 and neither 201's nor 501's from that era are anyone's idea of a 'slim fit') can become so legendary. :rolleyes:

they grow on you. originally i wasn't interested, they're not historically accurate but they look and fit great. the denim is also high quality. now in my case i have all the models from the 1920's 201 forward excluding the 78 model.' in some case two or more pairs of each model, so it was another flavor to try. but i have to admit they are among the top 3 i reach for instinctively. fit and denim quality are why.

they grow on you. originally i wasn't interested, they're not historically accurate but they look and fit great. the denim is also high quality. now in my case i have all the models from the 1920's 201 forward excluding the 78 model.' in some case two or more pairs of each model, so it was another flavor to try. but i have to admit they are among the top 3 i reach for instinctively. fit and denim quality are why.

Can you guys that own the 37' 201 post some pics? I'd love to see how they fit. I'd like even more to see how they fit on different peoples bodies. I'm intrigued in them now.

Guest rusholmeruffian

I'd def go for the 201's , the pre-2000 LVCs are a completely different beast than today's line.

However, they are very sought after imo, despite, or maybe because of the dog's dinner lvc made of the labelling, even the Red tab has an ® symbol on it. When they later brought out a proper 1937 501 the cut was completely different, loose as hell. I wouldn't say they were usually reasonably priced.

I just got £150 for these easy, listed for less than an hour on eeebs.

08032011804.jpg

I think it's fair to say these have some historical significance also in that they were the first collection of LVC jeans to be launched along with the 55 501 and the 551Zxx, along with a shirt and 3 jackets. So the collection was very small, made in VS and represented the start of something big. And they cost £200 from Levi's in London.......

Indeed, the 1890's break in differently, but they turn out beautiful, the combination of the very vintage style with denim fading, whiskering, roping is amazing. This reminds me, must post evo pics of mine one of these days.

look forward to seeing them Stratos

Guest rusholmeruffian

Spot on LFC4ever.

PaulT reckons that the ® was added to the red tab to distinguish the LVCs from the originals.

Levi's must have had some confidence that they were reproducing something special if they were worried about this.

The ® was used on all USA made LVC until the past few years whether it was historically accurate or not. I think this decision was based more on Levi's belief that if they didn't put the ® on the tab they might lose the trademark than that they thought they were producing something special.

I really don't see the point of buying LVC jeans that aren't historically accurate. Isn't that the point of the line? I'm not against inventing something new, but it shouldn't be part of LVC. And if I'm just looking for a pair of jeans with great denim, I would buy a pair of Warehouse.