Levi's Vintage Clothing

I went into Unionmade a little while ago and finally saw some of the stuff from the new LVC season.

The new leather jacket is friggin AWESOME:

Sportswear_Leather_Jacket_in_Brown_0.jpg

It's a really solid, convincingly aged horsehide, very soft and with a great texture. Feels really nice and supple. Nice "repaired" flannel lining, and the pockets are gaped open exactly like an old, lovingly abused horsehide jacket would be.

It's even sized properly (I'm on the small side of medium, and a medium jacket fit me just fine with a little room left over, but didn't look sloppy or oversized. Arm and overall length were just right.

The Oki-ni model posted awhile back looked to be wearing too large of a size, hence the typical baggy Oki-ni look.

IMO the best LVC jacket aesthetically since the first version of the Menlo, and the best cut one since the Rough N' Ready.

Only bad thing I can say is that it's really expensive, but what are you going to do.

Also, apparently LVC has a new sub-line of items that are made LVC-style but not based on actual archived vintage Levi's articles. I guess the idea is to remove some of the constrictions in design/sizing that come with accurately reproducing old, worn in garments. Maybe to free up the designers hands to compete more effectively with the likes of RRL.

I think the tote bags and belts and a shirt I saw are all the sub-line, which seemed to all be labeled slightly differently- as "A Levi's historic reproduction" rather than directly as "LVC", but I'm not 100% sure about the labeling.

The shirt I saw, not pictured on the Unionmade site yet, was awesome. A sort of sand-colored nicely weathered slim-cut long-sleeve shirt with two deep chest pockets and a "customized" curved lower front placket like that of some of the Mister Freedom shirts (like the CPO). Fit was so perfect, I almost broke down and forked over the $200, but I just barely resisted.

Frankly, it was nicer than any LVC shirt made in recent memory.

I found another store in NYC that carries LVC stuff, it's called Grahame Fowler and it's in the West Village, they've got the 1915s, 1933s, 1947s, and 1967s. Really nice guys too

thanks for posting.

its so stupid that its so hard to find LVC stockists. I've never seen an official list of stockists in the US, and I've never even heard of one.

why is it so hard for them to create and maintain an LVC ( or even XX ) website? I'm sure the exposure created would certainly justify the resources used. most people have NO IDEA lvc even exists.

its like nobody at Levi's wants to LVC or XX succeed.

Still looking for some 1947s. Cultzis way to exspensive and that Canadian site didn't have my size. I'm looking for a 32 x 36-38 deadstock or a used pair past soak that measures 30 x 34-36. Please help me out guys :(.

How much do run at grahame fowler?

PM or email me at [email protected]

did you log in at cultizm? the prices listed are for EU people and when you log in your location changes the prices. cultizm is probably the cheapest out there with the best selection. 47s will be $209 + 20 shipping.

that means the prices have been raised by the way. i was looking at 44s there only a few days ago and they were 190 something.

Also, apparently LVC has a new sub-line of items that are made LVC-style but not based on actual archived vintage Levi's articles. I guess the idea is to remove some of the constrictions in design/sizing that come with accurately reproducing old, worn in garments. Maybe to free up the designers hands to compete more effectively with the likes of RRL.

I think the tote bags and belts and a shirt I saw are all the sub-line, which seemed to all be labeled slightly differently- as "A Levi's historic reproduction" rather than directly as "LVC", but I'm not 100% sure about the labeling.

The shirt I saw, not pictured on the Unionmade site yet, was awesome. A sort of sand-colored nicely weathered slim-cut long-sleeve shirt with two deep chest pockets and a "customized" curved lower front placket like that of some of the Mister Freedom shirts (like the CPO). Fit was so perfect, I almost broke down and forked over the $200, but I just barely resisted.

Frankly, it was nicer than any LVC shirt made in recent memory.

It was Made & Crafted collection, wasn't it?

Afternoon,

Been a while since i've posted so I thought it was about time I gave and update on my 1901s. They are in really bad need of a wash, they've got a really good oily sheen on them at the moment

Just to give the history of then, bought in may 09 and have been warn about two thirds of the time since then so that's nearly a solid year of wear. They were given an initial soak and one further cold soak due to an unfortunate incident with a child and an egg.

Here's what they looked like in may 09

1901_may.jpg

And then in nov lst year

1901_today.jpg

I went into Unionmade a little while ago and finally saw some of the stuff from the new LVC season.

I was there on Saturday and got to see it too, really great looking piece. I took my my friend - who was visiting from Miami - to Union Made so he could see what I'm always telling him about. He liked this jacket so much he was debating how much use he would get out of it living in south Fl. I've never owned a leather jacket, typically are they expected to last years, a decade, more?

I was there on Saturday and got to see it too, really great looking piece. I took my my friend - who was visiting from Miami - to Union Made so he could see what I'm always telling him about. He liked this jacket so much he was debating how much use he would get out of it living in south Fl. I've never owned a leather jacket, typically are they expected to last years, a decade, more?