Levi's Vintage Clothing

Id even try 44 waist. From my experience, with smaller sizes the shrinkage is smaller and not that big of an issue but with bigger waist sizes, the shrinkage actually figures greatly into the shrinkage. 10% of 42 is about 4.2 inchs. 10% of 44 is 4.4. Something to keep in mind. Someone correct me if i'm wrong.

Id even try 44 waist. From my experience, with smaller sizes the shrinkage is smaller and not that big of an issue but with bigger waist sizes, the shrinkage actually figures greatly into the shrinkage. 10% of 42 is about 4.2 inchs. 10% of 44 is 4.4. Something to keep in mind. Someone correct me if i'm wrong.

THe maths seems sound, and i'd agree with that logic for a 47, but the 55 are made oversize, plus the thighs are sized big compared to the waist.

I doubt they completly stop the line. Probably just in the US. I don't see the European, and especially the Japanese lines disappearing.

If so, that would suck, their recent collections have been great, a lot more interesting than what Japanese repro lines have recently offered.

I am hoping the range is being pulled in the US only. I hope that doesn't have knock-on effect for Cone etc, although I can't see that those jeans were being sold properly in the US. I don't feel like calling anyone to check... too depressing.

So. On a lighter note, I was asked for details of the trio I washed a couple weeks ago.

First the 55. These look great. Six months wear, conventional wash. They're quite a lot darker in real life but this gives a good idea of the fade.

1955crop.jpg

Now the 201. I love these, too, very distinctive colour. I would have perhaps expected a little more striation, like the originals I\ve seen, but I still think these are a terrici item. these are my later, non-555 pair. (More pix on the 201 thread btw).

201crop.jpg

Lastly, the 1947. These look ok, not as nice as my previous pair. That could be a variation in the fabric, the later 2006 ones lookmore grainy, ir it could simply be I wore them less. They're the ones I'm putting mroe wear into, hence the baggy pockets which I didn't bother to empty, sorry. Below, for reference, I've added my previous pair after one wash, just ot see if there's a difference.

1947crop-1.jpg

Fall 2006 (?) 1947 501

1947newold.jpg

The pair above, unworn, plus a one-wash pair from the previous season.

the original 47s look loaded with indigo ...

They do, altho it's sometimes hard to tell with photos. I take two consecutive ones of the same jeans and the colour varies dramatically.

Here's another view of the 47 originals, with what looks mroe like the LVC colouring. (Not the lovely beef jerky leather patch(

1947original.jpg

And here is my previous pair of 47 after one wash again. Maybe I'm starting to regret selling these. I''m also wondering if washing right way round, which I did with these, is better.

1947front-1.jpg

why should it? Dejan/Cultizm is one of the nicest helpful merchants I've ever dealt with. You need to find some other ways to get your post count up.

Correct. Dejan is an amazing retailer. I've never met a retailer who will actually refund you the shipping on top of the product price.

Sometimes his measurements seem a bit off, but that's probably a matter of differing methods of measurement.

I spoke to someone about that LVC rumor. At the moment it's just a rumor.

It might be that they're pulling the line from the US and that this is known at the retail/distribution end. But I haven't heard a word about the line being pulled.

SOmeone else at styleforum said White Oak was closing down, and that's a bunch of crap, too.

Guest DCDenim
great leg twist, it´s always good luck to get leg twist, i have three 555 lvc´s

and none of those got it...

wait, mine have leg twists, why is it good luck, I HATE it.

Guest DCDenim
Yes...I'm guessing they meant LVC will no longer be sold in the US...it's not like it's a huge loss, especially given what's been available here the past couple years. With the exchange rate for the $ getting more favorable, the Euro line will be more accessible to us in the States anyway

true, but doesn't it seem ironic to say the least that I have to buy classic, American levis overseas? Look at what's available in europe and nordic regions, I see no reason they should make LVC there and shut down production here.

I'm sure they'll bring it back again in a few years.

I spoke to someone about that LVC rumor. At the moment it's just a rumor.

It might be that they're pulling the line from the US and that this is known at the retail/distribution end. But I haven't heard a word about the line being pulled.

SOmeone else at styleforum said White Oak was closing down, and that's a bunch of crap, too.

I was under the impression that the Euro LVC line was actually going through something of a renaissance?

I

...It might be that they're pulling the line from the US and that this is known at the retail/distribution end. But I haven't heard a word about the line being pulled.... /quote]

It should come as no surprise, since Levi's misrepresents their LVC products on their online store by consistantly listing the denim weight as much heavier than it actually is. Not to mention the inconsistant quality, sizing, construction and ridiculously high prices ($501 being one of the more extreme examples) coupled with piss poor customer service. Apparently the EU and Asian markets are much more gullible than the US market. (?) That's not to say that Levi's does not offer some neat quality stuff (ex., the 201 just posted by 'PaulT' appear extraordinary as well as a pair of '33s I have that are very fine), it's just a timely and costly hit or miss game trying to find the right LVC jeans and I think most folks don't have the time, patience or wherewithal to deal with all of that crap.