Levi's Vintage Clothing

I was wondering if anyone has any pictures of the Blue Blood jean? I saw these in person when they were new but unfortunately didn't buy them. I haven't seen any come up on eBay either.

I did a little bit of searching through this thread and saw that they were mentioned on page 134 (http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?p=1023766&highlight=blood#post1023766) but it looks like all the links are dead.

just thought to let you all know that one of the old time rare and favourites the LVC 1911 333 Jean is on sale at Oki ni for £85. this is the distressed version. i got mine, the broken raw on sale from the store in regent's street london. that one was two inches oversized.

http://www.oki-ni.com/invt/lev0028blu

I really like my 1911 333s. Those are some SWEET LVCs. Dejan didn't have any of the broken raw so I had to get the pre-aged one but for pre aged they look and have wron FANTASTIC....

All LVC shrinks FROM tag.

With one little catch. Some of the tags are wrong. But not the 66 - 2009 range are true to size. Size up by one inch from tag for a '60s fit, use actual size for a SuFu fit You can downsize these more than the 47, because they're slightly tapered, and are marginally wider in the seat and thighs.

I think everyone is entitled to an occasional rant -- at least once a month. After all, Levi's LVC marketing and customer service really sucks.

Seems reasonable.Glad to see you'll hold the next rant to June 1.

I do have a pair of 66's from 2008. Tagged W 36, measure after several washes 36.2

Dimensions can vary year to year. Measurements for the current year seem to show they're true to size:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=599607&postcount=1

Sugar Cane jeans shrink to tag size; all Levi's STF traditionally shrink FROM tag size.

Has anybody got a pair of the 1966's? And if so how was the sizing? Do they shrink TO tag or shrink FROM tag?

I have some 66s from about four years ago - they're tagged W34 but measure 32". Still raw. Part of a Limited Edition with ecru thread. Putting them on the market this weekend as they've never fitted...

For those of you who asked me to put further pics of my Lvc collection (all are BNWT), detailing comparisons of different years/models - I will try to get the photos done this weekend, and hopefully post them next week.

Requests were for:-

201's (555 vs 2005)

S501xx (554 vs 2005)

'55 501xx (555 vs 554 vs 2005)

If I've forgotten anything or anyone wants details of other models, look back in this thread or ask me, I'll see what I can do.

Seems reasonable.Glad to see you'll hold the next rant to June 1.quote]

I'll certainly try, but don't mark your calendar just yet -- I'll likely be preoccupied w/ my top priority of trying to find a pair of raw '20's 201in my size.

Dejan still has two pairs left don't know if they're your size...

http://www.cultizm.com/product_info.php?info=p126_Levi-acute-s-reg--1920-201-JEAN-RIGID.html

Has anybody got a pair of the 1966's? And if so how was the sizing? Do they shrink TO tag or shrink FROM tag?

2009 1966 are 1" bigger on the waist than the tag states and exactly tagged size on the leg.

Comparison of details of Levis 1929 201, from May 1999 vs

Levis 1920's 201, from S1 2005. Just because.

Firstly, inside tags:

024.jpg

025.jpg

Guess which has the correct Arcs? (no prizes)

jeans020.jpg

jeans025.jpg

Pocket shape is basically the same

jeans022.jpg

jeans021.jpg

Check the different colour inside stitching (white vs orange)

jeans026.jpg

And lighter colour pocket stitch on the 2005's

jeans024.jpg

Compared to the 555's

jeans023.jpg

Thanks guys,

yeah the 1999 version is unquestionably better, but the 2005 Arcs can be altered very easily - as this is the only 'stand out' difference. The denim on the 1999 201's is definately greener in cast, but unfortunately my simple camera cannot define this detail.

I've crossed-posted these to the 201 thread, also there's a pic of some original wartime 201's - check'em out!

Why are the 555s unquestionably better than the 2005 except for the single stitched arcuate? For example, how do you know that the denim on the 555s is more accurate? And how do you know which color stitching on the backpockets is more correct?

I have the 555 201s from 98 or 99, I forget, and I thought the bright orange on the backpockets made them look like Nudies.

The originals have bright orange stitching - photos were posted on this thread. Bright coloured stitching was always part of the Levi's ethos, it's one of the factors that must have made them look very striking at the time. Other ranges used purple thread.

Earlier jeans have a more ecru weft which looks more vintage - this is another detail that varies from one year to another.

Those earlier jeans, from 2001 or so, come from a time when LVC were lavishing considerable care and love on the line. Thereafter they went into something of a decline, and there were unarguably teething troubles with the move to TaylorTogs, and errors on many models around 2005. Since then, the best jeans, like the 333 and airfrog's 600-series overalls, are just as good.

the 1947 501's are one of the slimmer 501's right? So i sized up 1 on my saddlemans im now looking at etting some 1955 501's what fit differences will there be ,do I still size up even though they might not be as slim.

if i remember correctly the 1955s are quite over sized and the current sizing advice is to buy true to size. you should check out the 501 guide that paul T made : http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=34010

according to the guide the 1955 tagged w32 measure 35" pre-soak. So perhaps downsizing would be advantageous.

Why are the 555s unquestionably better than the 2005 except for the single stitched arcuate? For example, how do you know that the denim on the 555s is more accurate? And how do you know which color stitching on the backpockets is more correct?

I have the 555 201s from 98 or 99, I forget, and I thought the bright orange on the backpockets made them look like Nudies.

Who said anything about accuracy?

I was giving my personal preferrence in relation to the two pairs of 201's compared to each other.

As I told you before, If I wanted accuracy, I would shell out for an original.

Levis Vintage clothing replicas IMO is the closest we mere working mortals can get (and afford..!) to the original historical garments.

But it is just that; A close replica (..and full of inaccuracies, but beautifull in it's own right). People are entitled to their own opinions and preferrences. Get used to it.

if i remember correctly the 1955s are quite over sized and the current sizing advice is to buy true to size. you should check out the 501 guide that paul T made : http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=34010

according to the guide the 1955 tagged w32 measure 35" pre-soak. So perhaps downsizing would be advantageous.

mmk ive read that already a couple of times. Im still not sure if I wana get another pair of 47's or branch out and get some 55's.

they say the rise is higher on the 55's any idea on how much? As im not that keen on such a high rise.

Also they say the 55 is oversized so go true to size, the pair im looking at are pre distressed and the smallest waist size is my true size which doesnt take shrinking into consideration so would true size in predistressed 55's be too baggy. Long story short ,how much is the oversize on the 55's compared to the 47's. and what exactly do they mean by the 55 is more boxy.

I have an incredibly stupid question. If one wanted to buy a set of representative denims from this year's LVC collection, how many jeans would that be? That is to say, is the denim used in each cut UNIQUE and distinct from the other, or are there sets of cuts whose denim is completely identical and the only difference is the construction?

I suppose it would be nice to know this sort of thing for ANY given season but that's much harder (and less practical - being that you cannot just buy whichever one you'd like right now)...

Anyone?