Levi's Vintage Clothing

Heres my latest LVC

1937 501xx

I've been wearing them off and on since january. They havent seen a lot of action yet cause I'm still trying to finish off two pairs of 47s and a new pair of samurais (which are fading so fast it seems like cheating)

since there arent very many fit pictures of the 37s...

Photo181copy.jpg

Photo182copy.jpg

I'll do more pictures of my meager lvc collection once i get my camera back. but these will do for now.

Details : these are tagged 34x36 - they now measure 35. my natural waist where i wear my jeans is 35, so i've sized down on these. Even in sizing down they are very very comfy and are very wide leg.

I dont live in a country that has a levis store that sells lvc, please dont call me lazy without knowing wtf you are talking about.

I'm from Canada. If I found some I was going to have them shipped to a relative in the US but they told me that the credit card used had to have the same address as where it is going to be shipped.

Ha, a denim striptease!

I love those early one-pocket jeans, .. intrigued by #2, 5 and 6, trying to work out if one of them is the Nevada, are they all natural indigo?

NIce to see the cotton duck pants too, are they the one or two pocket?

And make sure you give us some full frontals, too.

Hey Paul, how about you take a guess which one is the Nevada,

let's have some fun, the forum needs something to be fun!!pg[/img]

Arrghh, do I win em if I guess right?

My first stab would be shot # 1. I remember the Nevada being very distressed... cruel of you not to let me see if there's the verdigris on the rivets. 2 looks paler, I don't think I've seen it, is it a US-only or Japanese Nevada-style reissue?

i'm guessing the other distressed ones with stitched-on suspender buttons are the ones w chopped off knees from a year ago.

Arrghh, do I win em if I guess right?

My first stab would be shot # 1. I remember the Nevada being very distressed... cruel of you not to let me see if there's the verdigris on the rivets. 2 looks paler, I don't think I've seen it, is it a US-only or Japanese Nevada-style reissue?

i'm guessing the other distressed ones with stitched-on suspender buttons are the ones w chopped off knees from a year ago.

No, you don't win em even you guess it right,

#1 is the US Nevada, and #2 is the Japanese reissue Nevada,

and the distressed ones are chopped off knees EU reissue 1880

Ha, a denim striptease!

I love those early one-pocket jeans, .. intrigued by #2, 5 and 6, trying to work out if one of them is the Nevada, are they all natural indigo?

NIce to see the cotton duck pants too, are they the one or two pocket?

And make sure you give us some full frontals, too.

Since you are interested in the cotton duck, I will post some more details on those first:

L1020486.jpg

L1020491.jpg

L1020492.jpg

L1020493.jpg

L1020494.jpg

L1020552.jpg

Very nice,

LVC fans might know that these are a replica of the pair of jeans that have been in the Levi's archive for longest, possibly since the 1880s. These wer ethe ones that give rise to the rumour the ealry pants were made of canvas - actually, they were cotton duck, like the very first riveted pants Jacob Davis made before he wrote to Levi Struass suggesting they collaborate.

Levi's weren't too certain the same model had been made in denim until the Nevada jeans turned up. THey were practically identical, but made in denim, with that extra plier/ruler pocket on the thigh.

I happened to be in the archive when they had the original Nevada in, they were comparing it to the Cotton Duck pants... it was denim nirvana.

I've seen them marked S,M&L etc before. These look too good to be fakes & his other stuff is legit. In fact I wish he had some more 1873 in my size (and that I had some $$$).

Welcome, by the way, Vintage Collecter... I guess this is your auction?

Yes, those are my auctions,

all my stuffs are LEGIT, and I believe from 2007 spring US LVC till now, all the jackets are S, M & L, they are not in 36,38,30,42,44 sizes

I have been wearing my LVC 1937 201XX for 3 months. They are from -97 something made in val st.

I´m woundering if it´s the same quality as in a previous LVC product called 501xxC, wich i think has a very high quality fabric. Based on pictures i have seen.

here is a link in japanese wich i cannot read but the similarities are very alike. http://jeanspavilion.web.fc2.com/201xx.htm

and here is a link to someone who i think has worn the same pants as me for a while, but are now selling them. http://www.mudah.my/levi-s-big-e-201xx-vintage-1937-lvc-w32-l36-kuala-lumpur-1464390.htm?ca=3_s

Heres a link to a pair of nicely worn 501xxC holding color better then most LVC of later editions. http://asobigi.com/?pid=746745

have these LVC a better quality fabric then recent LVC reissues?

Where is this fabric made?

how much are my pants worth?

bought them for 120 USD.

whats the diffrence betwen 201xx and 501xxC?

dsc00208mu0.jpg

dsc00212lr2.jpg

dsc00214vp1.jpg

Those jeans come from the first LVC production.

I believe they're not strictly speaking accurate, and are a 501 'rebadged' as a 201, which would have had a linen 2-horse patch.

You are right, they are seen as having some of the nicest LVC fabric there is. It is more green-cast than the other jeans (originally, it owuld have been a chaper denim, as the 201 were the budget line). DO yours have a blue selvage line? If yes, the denim was probably made in Japan, if red, the denim would definitely have been made in North Carolina.

So far the ealry LVC don't have a real premium value... but $120 was a very good deal.

More 201 info:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=32894

I'm a huge fan of the denim used on those 201's. I think it's the same stuff used on the the first Capital E redlines- the ones that preceded the LVC line. A friend of mine has a pair of the 201 like the pair above that are tagged 38, but measure 34 now. Sucks!!!

I got Happy Hooligan's 07 '37 501s in on Wednesday. I really like the cut, but I do prefer a heavier denim. The denim is, I believe , the same as the special edition 44 model a few posts back. The buckleback is useless, so I cut the cross piece from the buckle and filed the prongs sharp, so now it actually works.

Those jeans come from the first LVC production.

I believe they're not strictly speaking accurate, and are a 501 'rebadged' as a 201, which would have had a linen 2-horse patch.

You are right, they are seen as having some of the nicest LVC fabric there is. It is more green-cast than the other jeans (originally, it owuld have been a chaper denim, as the 201 were the budget line). DO yours have a blue selvage line? If yes, the denim was probably made in Japan, if red, the denim would definitely have been made in North Carolina.

So far the ealry LVC don't have a real premium value... but $120 was a very good deal.

More 201 info:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=32894

I read through that thread a couple times before deciding to pick up a pair of 201s but I didn't know they used Japanese denim on the 201 (if I'm understanding your post). I recently picked up a pair of barely used early 201s from a Japanese seller on ebay. I believe they're made in 99. I definitely notice the greencast to them ( the color was one of the reasons I was kind of excited about buying some 201s). I'll have to post some fit pics soon as I haven't seen many for the 201s (they're pretty loose even true to size but I've been digging loose fits lately so I don't mind).

?action=view&current=216770888_o.jpg

The denim is red selvage and i like it because its kinda hairy and have really nice blue colors in it. But i think they need a couple of more months of wear.

maybe they really are wrong tagged as you say because of the leather patch. i think im going to attach another chinchback thing so i can get the accurate one... and hopefully the patch will darken enough so the 201 doesnt show, then they will probebly be an almost accurate 501xx 1937 repro :D

If it's red selvage then the farbic is COne, which makes sense, as does the fact it's the same denim as the Capital E reissues, which were noticeably hairy too and were produced immediately before, the first jeans to be produced on COne's reintroduced narrow looms.

THe greencast fabric is only on the 1920s reissue with the linen patch.

AS far as them really being 501 not 201, I would revel in the fact they're a production error. That makes them rarer, right? And if it's relevant (apologies for repeating myself) these are Eric Clapton's favourite jeans, he has been round a few Levi's places in Europe looking for deadstock versions.

George, I'm not absolutely sure about the fabric used in the later 201, the greenier one, but my guess is it's Japanese. Original 201s have some of the nicest denim ever, very green and striated. My 201s are taking a lot of wear, but they're great jeans, my favourite alongside the 55s (I'm on a downer on the 47s, don't like the denim on the later reissues). And I'm liking the looser fit too, specially now everybody and their dog has skinny jeans, I will break these out again in the summer...