Pure Blue Japan

midnight

Those look like they could end up pretty sweet after fading. I wonder how accurate the size chart is though; the measurements are ridiculously different for each size.

Wow you guys are so young to be buying such expensive denim...

Haha, but more importantly you might grow out of them!

Anyway, my pbj xx-005s have some really bad stretching because I biked in them for the first 2 months I had them.

tell me about it.

i doubt ill be growing out of mine unless some miracle growth happens.

im stuck at 5'3:mad:

i seem to be stuck at 5 foot 11 inch, my only worry is that with track season now beginning i might get too small for them lol

the original inseam was way too long for me with their huge leg opening so i just hemmed and cuffed about half an inch to keep it from dragging under my heel

Hi chaps, I've browsed the forums for a long time but not really much of a poster.

I recently got hold of both PBJ 005s and 007s. Love the quality of the fabric and the fit, slightly unsure about the leg opening though; simply as it drags under my feet sometimes and can be slightly irksome.

Anyway, just soaked and dried my 007s, so thought I'd share some pics. I've got pics of my 005s if anyone wants to see how they fit (34s, true to waist).

Anyway, here are my freshly dried 007s (sized down 1 to 33):

My drying system (apologies for not flipping the image):

3339211ffe1fd0aa539c23f72f81daa5e59b7d4.jpg

Standing up for the first time, they grow up so quick!

3339212aa6ff4bcb3be7c01aec792a970921882.jpg

Initial fit (cuffed about an inch):

3343980aea16d36bc6712158a28ab0d71465512.jpg

haha whoa i was wearing my bson hoodie w/ my 005's last night !

but im definitely thinking about getting the 007's for my next cop

I'd definitely recommend them, the slubby denim just feels great and the cut is superb.

Good purchase on the bson hoodie ;). I only got it this week, have you washed yours yet? It's dry clean only but I was thinking of throwing it on a cold delicate wash. Anyone tried?

heh seriously? any of you guys heard of the freshmen 15? unfortunately, it's very real.

...who, me?

This should be an interesting experiment to see how mine turn out after growth.

It's never too late to taper, is it? Leg opening still bothers me a little.

Looking good. Did you get them hemmed? That doesn't look like the normal length, after soaking mine are still about a 35" inseam.

i didnt but the previous owner hemmed them to 31". im 5.10'' and its one wash type anyway. doesn't bothered me much :D with hope they wont shrink again :D

especially i got them with absolutely bargain hence the inseam i guess

yup, i had both my 008s and blk 005s tapered from a 9" hem to 8.5." it worked out great. the nice about having the pbjs tapered is they usually have the same knee/hem measurement, so the taper can be done at the knee, rather then the crotch. call hollywood trading company/dd and ask for Robert if your in the us.

Thanks for the info. Not in the US (UK), so will have to ask around town for a good tailor.

Coni - Already saw them on mynudies, but goddamn they are beautiful to see again.

PBJs stretch a lot, so you should be fine. But it also depends on what activities you do on a daily basis?

For the first two months I had my xx-005s I went biking in them everyday for like 2 hours a day, which really stretched out the thighs... :(

The waist also stretched 2 inches.

You should be fine! :)

Also the tighter they fit the more they stretch, usually, more stress.

Correct.

Also, you don't have to do the "6 months before your first wash" system. I believe Kiya debunked that as a myth, good Japanese denim can be washed monthly if you wear it regularly and still give amazing fades.

I'm sure someone posted a link about it somewhere with a monthly-washed pair of Sugarcanes that looked beautiful.

what kind of soup? I hear clam chowder does wonders for fades.

Why did I click that link... Damn you.

Blm14 - I've no idea who first said it either. But I believe we can all agree that, whoever first said it, it is true, especially considering Coni has washed and soaked his PBJs twice and the results speak for themselves.