Pure Blue Japan

midnight

Agreed. My 007s are already starting to break in and I'm loving the colours, the fit with the cuffs up is perfect too (I never cuff my jeans, but the blue/blue makes it nice and subtle).

With that being said I think I'm going to get my 005s tapered. I know Atzec has had it done, and a good job at that, but if anyone else has, what did you get them tapered to? I'm thinking 8 or 7.5"?

Agreed. My 007s are already starting to break in and I'm loving the colours, the fit with the cuffs up is perfect too (I never cuff my jeans, but the blue/blue makes it nice and subtle).

With that being said I think I'm going to get my 005s tapered. I know Atzec has had it done, and a good job at that, but if anyone else has, what did you get them tapered to? I'm thinking 8 or 7.5"?

i got mine tapered to 7.5 and i heard others have as well. if you wear a bigger size than 8 might work but with a little stacking 7.5 doesnt really seam tapered. ive considered getting them down to 7.25 but had i sized down 1 or or two they would be slimmer overall.

here is a pic of them after they have been tapered to 7.5. they are a size 31 008. ive already reinforced the crotch in a few places. if not it surely would of blown out. ive worn these for over a year with more everyday wear in the last 6 months or so. soaked 5 times or so.

frontsm9.jpg

I'm definitely getting close to buying one now. I just love the look of the 007s.

I hate to repeat questions but I've read through enough threads and still not sure, so I'm just gonna ask.

1. If you buy the pre-soaked version, do you need to buy the true size? I bought APC NC 31 and fits perfect so far. I didn't want to size down too much because I wanted to be able to button them. I usually wear 31 in levis capital E jeans. Suggestions?

2. If I buy raw version, do I buy true size and shrink them? reading the measurement, it seems like they're bigger than what's listed.

3. How do you dry them anyways? hang them or wear them? doesn't it feel weird wearing them while its wet?

4. Lastly, I want them to feel comfortable and not too tight. I have plenty of fitted jeans (NC, capital Es.. etc.) that I want these to be "well fit" casual. I saw a post where the member purchased one size up. If you buy size up that fits with slight room, how would they even stretch?

I'm definitely going to go for the 007s because I love the color of them. I'm so sick of buying denims with orange stitching.. it's like every jeans have orange stitching these days.

1. If you buy the pre-soaked version, do you need to buy the true size?

3. How do you dry them anyways? hang them or wear them? doesn't it feel weird wearing them while its wet?

4. Lastly, I want them to feel comfortable and not too tight. I have plenty of fitted jeans (NC, capital Es.. etc.) that I want these to be "well fit" casual. I saw a post where the member purchased one size up. If you buy size up that fits with slight room, how would they even stretch?

Buy true to size regardless if the jeans are raw or one-wash. The sizing for one-wash is going to be a little bit smaller because the denim is washed, but will stretch to a little bit bigger than your true sizing. Dry them by hanging dry after soaking or letting them dry on you. I haven't worn jeans while they were wet after soaking so I can't answer that, but many people like this as the denim shrinks to you. I would not size up as it causes baggy ass syndrome and a weird overall look to the denim. If you buy true to size you will be fine as the jeans stretch and will eventually become a standard slim/straight fit after a while. I sized down 1 because Im more of a 31.5 than a 32 and if you wear denim for a long time without washing they tend to get pretty stretched out. Also, the 007s won't go with everything. You seem to think they are the end all of denim but because of their unique hue they arent the most versatile jean out there. Sure the dark stitching is nice, it is used to make the denim look darker.

I find the thighs to be pretty tight on mine, and I have pretty slim thighs. I sized down one and they still seem pretty tight after wearing them awhile, and the crotch area is starting to get broken as a result. but the denim is pretty stiff so that might be the reason. But the waist did stretch out a lot for me. So I recommend true to size. Honestly they are pretty slim except for the bottom, so if you are going for a more traditional fit jean I think maybe PBJs baggier fits might be worth checking out too.

I've said this before and I'll say it again.

You guys never listen...

PBJs stretch like crazy, I got a size 31 as my first pair which was a horrible idea, they stretched all the way to a 33.

But that was my first pair so I sized up one because it was so stiff, which was a bad idea, my next pair will likely be a size 28 or 29 of the xx010 model.

But seriously size down to account for the stretch, the denim is amazing, just really stretchy for some reason.

That being said I haven't had any crotch blow outs or anything like that.

Happy shopping! :)

I've said this before and I'll say it again.

You guys never listen...

PBJs stretch like crazy, I got a size 31 as my first pair which was a horrible idea, they stretched all the way to a 33.

But that was my first pair so I sized up one because it was so stiff, which was a bad idea, my next pair will likely be a size 28 or 29 of the xx010 model.

But seriously size down to account for the stretch, the denim is amazing, just really stretchy for some reason.

That being said I haven't had any crotch blow outs or anything like that.

Happy shopping! :)

agreed i went true to size with my 34's (they are baggy and almost fall off me) and i i def want to buy another pair in a size 32 so i can have a slim straight jean and a super slim.

I'm definitely getting close to buying one now. I just love the look of the 007s.

I hate to repeat questions but I've read through enough threads and still not sure, so I'm just gonna ask.

1. If you buy the pre-soaked version, do you need to buy the true size? I bought APC NC 31 and fits perfect so far. I didn't want to size down too much because I wanted to be able to button them. I usually wear 31 in levis capital E jeans. Suggestions?

2. If I buy raw version, do I buy true size and shrink them? reading the measurement, it seems like they're bigger than what's listed.

I'm definitely going to go for the 007s because I love the color of them. I'm so sick of buying denims with orange stitching.. it's like every jeans have orange stitching these days.

I have the 007's in a size 36 (one wash). This was my normal true size. I agree with the comments about the thighs being tight. My initial waist fit was tight but has stretched to a comfortable fit. I find the pockets to be very tight on these jeans. I also agree that the leg opening is a little big. The cut almost looks like a slight boot cut (with the knees being slightly narrower than the leg opening / at least in the larger size). The color is great but is not as versatile as a regular raw denim. The feel of this denim is great. This denim will also make your hands blue if you frequently use the pockets.

I also agree that the leg opening is a little big. The cut almost looks like a slight boot cut (with the knees being slightly narrower than the leg opening / at least in the larger size).

I think it's been said, but the jean is a straight leg. The leg opening only seems bigger because the denim folds in on the back of your knee over time, making the opening appear bigger.

Either way, size down 1.

You seem to think they are the end all of denim but because of their unique hue they arent the most versatile jean out there. Sure the dark stitching is nice, it is used to make the denim look darker.

Thanks for the replies to answer my questions. I definitely don't think this is end of all denim or anything. I do like the look of them and I am just tired of the orange stitching used on all these raw denims.. in the end, they almost look all the same. I have gone through phases from sevens, TR, Diesels, Earnest, Nudies... so I do have variety of jeans for different types of "mood" I suppose, yet wanted something different than common denim that's not green or bright blue (like the Levis....).

Hopefully I'll be able to get a pair of these.. after having so many, I just can't make myself spend 250 on pair of jeans that I only get to wear once a week.

You either need to read his post better or stop posting such stupid posts.

People have answered your questions countless times.

Stop asking the same questions and jesus christ stop talking about finding the holy grail of denim, it sure as hell won't be your first pair of PBJs.

Damn.

Ok smartass,

"I got mine for sale (brand new) $200 shipped on supermarket."

read and see what the wording actually means. If he got it from supermarket, then it should have been "I got mine FROM supermarket,"

so you need to go learn how to actually comprehend english.

Did I ask the same question? how does "what size are you selling" same as my previous questions? again, learn to read much? reading the word by word vs. actually reading and understanding is different. Obviously, you failed.

holy grail of denim? what a douchbag. I swear as much as there are good knowledge folks, there are idiots like you on this forum. who peed on your "holy grail" denim today to post useless pissful words? now go back to Reading Comprehension 101, thanks,

I'm wondering if anyone with a pair of PBJ's 009 model could help me out with a question I have about the fit.

The sizing charts I have seen on PBJ's website, on Rakuten, and on BiG don't match.

For example, for a size 34 BiG has the front rise charted as 11.75 inches, PBJ's website and Rakuten both have the front rise charted as 10.82 inches.

Fairly big difference.

If I get a pair of these, I would need a size 28 to account for stretch. I want a fit similar to Samurai 510s.

Rakuten and PBJ's website indicate that the front rise on a pair of 28s would be 9.84 inches....

http://translate.google.com/translate?prev=hp&hl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.rakuten.co.jp%2Fcraftcafe%2F922533%2F924561%2F%231025293&sl=ja&tl=en

xx-009-size.gif

http://www.purebluejapan.jp/bottoms/02_5p/08xx009deep_indigo_shrunk_to_f/

009%E3%83%92%E3%83%A7%E3%82%A6.bmp

... which is freaking tight for a "relaxed fit" cut.

So, tell me, anyone who has a pair of 009s, how is the rise on them? Thanks.