Pure Blue Japan

midnight

any real cons to buying the "one wash"? BiG doesn't have my size on raw but they have my size on one wash for the xx005

This is a good question: Are the "one wash" PBJs actually *washed* or just rinsed? In other words, will they fade like the raws, or will fades, combs, etc. be less visible (and harder to achieve)?

Another point: According to the BiG Web site, a 29 XX-007 has a waist size of 30, while the raws are apparently shrink to fit — i.e., a size 30 will, post-soak, have a 30 waist.

Does anyone else see how that doesn't add up?

My sense is that a raw 30 wouldn't shrink from 32.5 in the waist down to 30 in a hot soak. That's a lot of shrinkage. But a 29 - inseam 31.5 pre-soak - might shrink below 30.

Anyone have answers?

shrink to fit does not mean that a 30 will shrink to 30 after soaking; it means that the jeans are unsanforized and will shrink significantly after a wash, not necessarily to the tagged size. if you look at the measurements for the one wash, a size 30 xx-007 will shrink to a 31" waist. the one wash is the same jean, same cut, but the shrinking has been done at the factory.

and one-wash jeans fade the same as raw jeans, it may just take longer for the combs and whiskers to set in, since all of the starch has been washed out. although if buying raw jeans that are unsanforized, you will need to soak them before wearing anyways. the only real difference is whether you want to wear the jeans right out of the box or if you like to control the variables of the first wash/soak.

I am wearing a size 28. Measurements are BiG style.

presoak:

waist: 15.5"

front rise: 10"

back rise: 12.5"

thigh: 10.5

knee and hem: 7.5

inseam: hemmed to 34.5" (didn't want much stacking)

postsoak

waist: 14.75"

front rise: 9.75"

back rise: 12.25

thigh: 9.75

knee and hem: 7.25

forgot to measure inseam...will do so tonight

got a my xx005's friday night soaked them saturday morning

i got 28x36 which is killing me but luckily it shrunk down to 33. so much stacking going on :/ so i gave them another hot soak from 8pm to 9 am this morning not a big difference but i can feel the inseam shrunk a little more. nonetheless the fit is great for being 5'3 :D

so here the fit pics

before 2nd soak:

ezjwvk.jpg

after:

ilk4u0.jpg

345n9lg.jpg

ve19qp.jpg

The xx005 are a genuine straight jean. i dont see how they can be a slim fit with the huge leg opening. i think theyre best worn on the regular side, there's plenty more denim out there if you need a slim fit.

Great slub too.

In a sense, you're right. It is a genuine straight jean. There is no real taper from the knee down.

But to say it's a regular fitting jean is a bit off. These are cut slim, slimmer than most in the thigh area, regardless of size. The leg opening isn't huge, it just isn't tapered. I don't know. I don't judge a slim fitting jean simply from the leg opening. Because seriously, the xx-005 is my skinniest pair of jeans.

Maybe the sizing of the jean changes drastically in the larger sizes. I guess I'm just speaking from my experience (a size 28).

these 007s do have killer thighs.

waist measured was spot on. size 30, 32.5 initially, then a 31 after a 40min cold soak.

thighs have shrunk a considerable amount. measured 11.5 before the soak, not sure what they are now, as i threw them on before they dried. good idea, as i wouldnt have fit into them.

if you size down one like i did, i would cold soak. i do however race road bikes, so my quads are big for someone my size. i will post fit pics soon.

post soak pics, dont have enough light to show much...

img6537ns0.jpg

img6541mo9.jpg

cant get good enough lighting while wearing them, heres some more pics though. +rep to the guys ive seen with worn xx-007s, i kinda regretted getting them for like an hour after i had them, then remembered what theyll look like down the road.

img6543do2.jpg

img6544iw4.jpg

In a sense, you're right. It is a genuine straight jean. There is no real taper from the knee down.

But to say it's a regular fitting jean is a bit off. These are cut slim, slimmer than most in the thigh area, regardless of size. The leg opening isn't huge, it just isn't tapered. I don't know. I don't judge a slim fitting jean simply from the leg opening. Because seriously, the xx-005 is my skinniest pair of jeans.

Maybe the sizing of the jean changes drastically in the larger sizes. I guess I'm just speaking from my experience (a size 28).

I think you're probably right too - I sized up from my normal 34 to a 36. I could have managed a 34 save that the leg opening was so big in comparison to the the rest of the leg it looked a bit odd.

I guess I should put up a fit pic so that i explain myself better.

soulsoi, i like the 2 different socks. the waist looks like you have a bit of room still you must have a tiny waist. i'm looking to buy 007 soon in 28 i hope i don't have that much room.

haha thanks i just grab w/e socks are in my drawers.

yes i do have a small waist =/ since i weigh about 115lbs i dont think youll have a problem. if anything a soak would do the trick

Just got some xx-005's. the sizing was off from the chart on the BIG site. the thigh was 12.5 instead of 13 and the leg opening was 9.25 instead of 9. May not seem like a big difference, but it defintely makes one. I should have returned, but I thought I may be able to get the leg opening to where I wanted with a really hot soak. They only shrank to 9 which is too bigger than I wanted. I guess the only option is to taper.

I have a pair of the XX007's one wash in size 36. The fit is fine in the waist but I do notice them to be a little snug in the thighs. I was initial surprised that the rise felt lower than I expected. I feel the leg opening is okay but would be better if it was slightly narrower. I feel like the leg opening almost looks wider than the width at the knee. The feel of this jean is great.

after hemming my 005's the wide leg opening doesnt bother me too much now, i keep it cuffed on the bottom so it doesnt as easily get caught under my heel, i dont know, but i have larger thighs (24in ish) and the 005's dont seem to be much of a slim fit to me, more like a regular/relaxed fit, it may be that i was just way used to APC but these feel so much looser, the only annoying thing is that the crotch V isnt going away =/

PBJs from Blue in Green. Not sure what model, though, but it's a slimmer cut. No washes, no soaks, and haven't started wearing them yet. I'm about 6' and 140 lb; these are a size 28. Not quite as tight as I'd like in the waist, so I might do a warm / hot soak (though not sure if it's worth it if I'll lose all that stacking)

click for bigger image:

TN_pbjs_front.jpg

TN_pbjs_back.jpg

TN_pbjs_side.jpg

Oh, it'll get tighter. If you got it from BiG raw, and not one-washed, then they will shrink considerably. From the looks of it, the thigh area will be real snug, and the calf area will come in a bit.

Oh, and you should definitely soak them if they're raw. You might regret it when it comes time for your first soak/wash months down the line.

PBJs from Blue in Green. Not sure what model, though, but it's a slimmer cut. No washes, no soaks, and haven't started wearing them yet. I'm about 6' and 140 lb; these are a size 28. Not quite as tight as I'd like in the waist, so I might do a warm / hot soak (though not sure if it's worth it if I'll lose all that stacking