Pure Blue Japan

midnight

I believe the 005, 6, 7, 8 and 10 are all the same cut. 3 and 9 are relaxed, and 4 is a bootcut.

i believe those are the same cut as well although the japan sites might list them as super slim or whatever when i fact they are the same cut. BIG has the same measurements for all 5 of those models also.

I need to get a better picture of my 005s.

They really stretched out in the thighs and make me look more stocky than the skinny me that I am. I think the straight leg and mondo stacks have to do with it too.

i just recieved my PBJ's xx007 from BiG (thanks Gordon!!) and they fit like a motherfucking dream. they're perfect! the denim is amazing too, i expected it to be slubby, but this is just from a different planet... amazing! i'm now dropping from the dry bones contest to spend my time in these... <3<3<3

Can anyone give me an idea on what size I should be looking at for 007?

I wear the following:

Flat Head 1001 30

Dry Bones Red-D 28

SExSC02 29

KMW 1980 29

I'll probably want to soak (preferably hot/warm) before wearing, so need to keep in mind shrinkage. Also the BIG measurements post-soak seem to be in question.

Thanks

Anyone happen to have good fit pics of the PBJ XX-010 purple face jeans?

http://www.purebluejapan.jp/bottoms/02_5p/09xx010_purple_face_slim_strai/

They look pretty cool but it's kinda hard to judge from the pic how they actually look on someone. Especially as they look a good deal darker in BiG's pictures. It'd be neat to see them worn. Fit pics (or ad pics or whatever) where the color can be seen properly would be appreciated.

Don't really need a new pair of jeans, but these might just be the excuse I need to get more...

Anyone happen to have good fit pics of the PBJ XX-010 purple face jeans?

http://www.purebluejapan.jp/bottoms/02_5p/09xx010_purple_face_slim_strai/

They look pretty cool but it's kinda hard to judge from the pic how they actually look on someone. Especially as they look a good deal darker in BiG's pictures. It'd be neat to see them worn. Fit pics (or ad pics or whatever) where the color can be seen properly would be appreciated.

Don't really need a new pair of jeans, but these might just be the excuse I need to get more...

did you honestly not see the picture right above? I think the color will only be able to be viewed in person correctly. On a jean like this its hard to capture the true color in a photo, whether somebody is wearing them or not. The cut is very similar to the 005 and 007 cuts, so just look for some of those fit pics too.

Do you have any plans of getting a pair of 010's, midnight?

I'm not sure. I saw them in person and while they are an amazing pair of jeans, they seem a bit similar to my 007's to actually justify an entire new purchase. I'm trying to diversify my collection, as well, but you never know. If i get a pair ill post some pictures to try and capture the true color.

it's def not for everybody's taste. the lavender-ish colorthread may, also, be an issue. hopefully, it's just a run-off from the purple dye and would eventually go away after multiple washes. the fit is similar to my 007 raw -- 'tried them at BiG. the denim seemed a bit stiffer tho'... if my memory serves me right.

So I tried on the 010's today (one-wash) at Atsui Japan (for you Seattle people, it's at 90 Madison St). Either my legs are getting slimmer, I'm getting used to slimmer jeans, or they just run a tad bigger than my 005's. Felt like I could size down from my 005 size, but they didn't have it in stock. They're supposed to get a restock of PBJs in about two weeks. They currently have the 010, 005, and women's 1088 (and a plaid scarf). They're gonna try and pick up the 005BK and 007.

The color on these is almost a bit red in dim light and pretty darn purple in direct light. I like the blue/navy stitching, but not the purple. Denim on these does seem a bit stiffer than I remember my 005's being (both were/are one-wash). I actually liked the way the leg opening/bottom of leg fits on these. A lot of people don't seem to like the actual straight cut from knee down as it flares out a bit to seem bootcut like...but I guess I just like the change from my tapered 005's. Also balances out the slimness in the thighs a bit more.

Oh, and just because: Atsui Japan also carries Mr. Olive, Man of Moods, Sugar Cane Okinawas and 1947s...supposed to get the SE collab next week. They're trying to expand their raw denim offerings...will hopefully have John Bull available in the future.