Pure Blue Japan

midnight

• 2 weeks later...

(X-posted from xx-007 thread)

I was in Mitsuwa yesterday reading the lastest Lighting and I saw a Pure Blue Japan advertisement next to a preview about a new pair of denim coming out.

At first I thought they were just xx-007 because they were comparing the two, but then I realized that they were much much more purple. The purple was only truly visible when you turned them inside out or saw them in the light in comparison to the xx-007's

New model, dyed in the same fashion as xx-007 (dyed warp and weft), and the only name it had for them was "Purple Face".

It said, "Out Now!"

I should of bought the dang issue so I could have photo copied it for you guys!

Anyone have any news on it? I'll have a friend cheeking them out at his local Pure Blue Japan store in Osaka within a week.

Oh, and does anyone have any idea why the Pure Blue Japan website rarely ever works now?

I can't find the purple face, but ill probably kop if they are slim. Lulz. An indigo jean with a purple weft sounds cool, actually. I hope its the type of purple that wont fade as opposed to the weft on the 007's which fades just like the front of the jean. It would be cool to see the spots where the jeans fade to be actually darker as opposed to lighter compared to the rest of the jean. Pbj's are so comfortable its absurd.

I can't find the purple face, but ill probably kop if they are slim. Lulz. An indigo jean with a purple weft sounds cool, actually. I hope its the type of purple that wont fade as opposed to the weft on the 007's which fades just like the front of the jean. It would be cool to see the spots where the jeans fade to be actually darker as opposed to lighter compared to the rest of the jean. Pbj's are so comfortable its absurd.

The whole jean had a purple hue. I didn't see anything in the advertisement about the warp & weft. So it could be Indigo & Purple. Or it could be Indigo w/ Purple Overcast & Purple. It could be just an xx-007 over dyed in purple, but the weft look straight purple.

And its the same silhouette as the xx-005, xx-007, and xx-008.

So its slim, but not tapered.

Frankly I love the look. The whole tapered look will go out eventually, and straight will always be classic.

Pure Blue Japan's signature denim is SO DAMN comfortable its crazy. It just stretches a whole heck out a lot.

They're looking good. I'm regretting that I got the BK's instead of the indigos. I've been wearing mine probably 2-3 months and they don't have any visible whiskers like yours.

give it some more time... they'll form...

give it some more time... they'll form...

That's what I'm hoping. This past week, I put them in the washer on cold, no soap, with low agitation and a spin, then hung them up to dry. It tightened them up a bit (not that they were loose before) but I haven't noticed any fading since then (2-3 wears since) which I figured I would after giving them a wash. I love them regardless, but I just wish they would fade a bit more.

Also, I bike in them quite a bit, which I would think would help.

I have muscular thighs, so I was originally going to go with the size 30, but then I remeasured everything and noticed that the gap between size 29 and 30 in the lower leg is HOOGE!

Is it worth it to size down to a 29 for a tighter fit around the calves? Should the thighs stretch enough for me?

They're looking good. I'm regretting that I got the BK's instead of the indigos. I've been wearing mine probably 2-3 months and they don't have any visible whiskers like yours.

I've been wearing mine for over 5 and whiskers are not that apparent. Getting high contrast on these is pretty hard.

Is it worth it to size down to a 29 for a tighter fit around the calves? Should the thighs stretch enough for me?

The calves are already pretty tight.

pbjs xx-005sz 32

img0529ph0.jpg

img0530tu5.jpg

Pre soak measurements:

Waist: 35"

Front Rise: 10.5"

Back Rise: 13.5"

thigh: 24"

inseam: 37"

leg opening: 18"

Pics of fit before soak:

img0537af2.jpg

img0538vv1.jpg

I hot soaked for 90 minutes.

Measurements:

Waist: 32.5"

Front Rise: 10"

Back Rise: 13"

Thighs: 23"

Inseam: 35"

Leg Opening: 17"

pics:

img0539tq2.jpg

img0540eq1.jpg

img0541qr6.jpg

Guest LoLzTrunkz

What if Suazo purchased a size 31 and soaked it in boiling hot water for 45 mins. According to BiG, the 31 has a pre-soak waist of 33.5. What would it shrink down to? I'm sure it would stretch after many wears though, and the thighs?

What if Suazo purchased a size 31 and soaked it in boiling hot water for 45 mins. According to BiG, the 31 has a pre-soak waist of 33.5. What would it shrink down to? I'm sure it would stretch after many wears though, and the thighs?

They can end up stretching back out to pre-soak measurements in not that much time. It's pretty surprising actually.