Red Cloud & Co. jeans

Hsin

can't put my pics in here, i don't know why 

here is the link:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/87401438@N03/9349303471/lightbox/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/87401438@N03/9349302993/lightbox/

red cloud R423-Z female line 

it has been worn 9 months, generally it is quite good cutting with very reasonable price

I ordered some R400H and a pair of Wabash 6600WB Through Tuckshop. I got them in less than a week and they're amazing. I'd recommend and 100% buy again. I'm also pretty certain I didn't get charged any import duty because it was packed in a very low profile envelope. Bonus!

Annoyingly I have to wait A MONTH before I can start wearing them (leaving the country).

Edited by seedling

Just received my R400-H today from Tuckshop, super excited on these. The twisted yarn was a big enough selling point for me, but the 25% hemp as well was just a bonus. The texture is something I have never felt on a pair of jeans, and the construction on these are as top notch as I have seen. 

PKUgOud.jpg

Edited by bradl

After the double hot wash they went through, and the longest drying period I have ever seen for denim (not sure if the hemp has any factor in that) I was finally able to slip them on. The sizing was quite generous in the waist, and hem. But after the wash, they fit perfectly, still a little room on the waist but nice not having to wait to stretch the waist out. I sized up on these, and am kind of glad that I did. I had them hemmed to a 36.5" at tuckshop.

Pre measurements 

Wasit - 18"

Inseam - 36.5"

Knee (BiG style) 9 1/4"

Rise - 15"

Hem 8 3/4"

Post measurements

Waist - 17"

Inseam - 34 1/4"

Knee 9"

Rise - 14.5"

Hem - 8"

The denim on this is by far my favorite out of the jeans I currently have, just an amazing texture.

EfE76aO.jpg

I got stuck with some questions though:

I like the design of the arcs... But only a few models seem to have them. Which models are these? And why these models, what is the thought behind this? Why don't they all have the arcs?

And a question to the RC owners/wearers: What I learned is, that one could go TTS (making sure the measurements are okay for you of course). The denim will shrink at first but stretch back after a few wears. My question is, can a pair stretch further than the size they began with or is that the max?

The R424x are the ones with the arcs, and reasoning behind that I am not entirely sure. 

All jeans will stretch past measurements, even after shrinkage, all dependent on how tight they're. 

The R424x are the ones with the arcs, and reasoning behind that I am not entirely sure. 

All jeans will stretch past measurements, even after shrinkage, all dependent on how tight they're. 

Thanks bradl! I didn't know unsanforized denim could do that.

Anybody else who knows more about the arcs?

@Somar

about that arcs, it originates from Chinese novel Journey to the West ( wrote by Wu Chengen in sixteen century),  In this novel, the monkey king(Sun wukong) is quite naughty, so his mentor 

borrow a headband from Jade Emperor( from Buddism) and in order to control him.

The logo of RED CLOUD originates from the shape of this headband. 

Because it's a must-read novel, just like Shakespeare in English literature, Sun Wukong is so famous that every Chinese know him. 

if you want know more, i suggest you to read this novel, and it also derive lots of cartoon, TV plays, etc.

Edited by kellybear

The arcs refers to Chinese novel character Sun Wukong, the monkey king.

info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_Wukong

Details see the chapter Disciple to Xuanzang. The shape of the arcs is same with the headband on the Wukong's head.

@Somar

about that arcs, it originates from Chinese novel Journey to the West ( wrote by Wu Chengen in sixteen century),  In this novel, the monkey king(Sun wukong) is quite naughty, so his mentor 

borrow a headband from Jade Emperor( from Buddism) and in order to control him.

The logo of RED CLOUD originates from the shape of this headband. 

Because it's a must-read novel, just like Shakespeare in English literature, Sun Wukong is so famous that every Chinese know him. 

if you want know more, i suggest you to read this novel, and it also derive lots of cartoon, TV plays, etc.

Thanks guys, really interesting to know that.

Does anyone know if Tuckshop is getting the true wabash pants in stock? They currently have the version with stripes that are actually just white threads woven through the indigo. I have seen the indigo discharge printed wabash version (with discharge white polka dots forming the stripes) and am hoping to snag a pair of these.

Does anyone know if Tuckshop is getting the true wabash pants in stock? They currently have the version with stripes that are actually just white threads woven through the indigo. I have seen the indigo discharge printed wabash version (with discharge white polka dots forming the stripes) and am hoping to snag a pair of these.

They look to be slowly re building their stock with fall stuff I believe, and adding new things after the sale. But just send them an email and ask.

If you can get one in your size, do it! I've had a hard time not wearing them since I got them, wouldn't take them off but I am in the Railcar contest. Just something about them, the fit is top notch on these. Also the 25% hemp addition gives the jean a very interesting texture, and adds a lot of character to the jeans. 

Actually there's a hidden message in the arc other than the Wugong Journey to the west story. 

RC create the arc to tribute Levis, the curves that form the signature, if you turn the pockets upside down, covering the rounded portion, you will see the original arc.

hey, guys, just brought a new pair of work pants, LOT. 43200 IN,  ( first work pant for female, yeah yeah yeah!)

photos and details, pls click here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/87401438@N03/sets/72157634961127073/

i can't find many work pants made for women in the market, most of brands only produce for men, also the market is relatively small. 

few brands, like UES, PBJ really takes it seriously, as a consumer, i buy it for return. really nice for owning them.

Actually there's a hidden message in the arc other than the Wugong Journey to the west story. 

RC create the arc to tribute Levis, the curves that form the signature, if you turn the pockets upside down, covering the rounded portion, you will see the original arc.

That is exactly what I saw in it the first place! So basically they wanted arcs with a hint of Levi's + a own story? Very clever

i can't find many work pants made for women in the market, most of brands only produce for men, also the market is relatively small. 

few brands, like UES, PBJ really takes it seriously, as a consumer, i buy it for return. really nice for owning them.

Hi kellybear, have you seen the workwear jumper in wabash exclusively for ladies only?

It will be coming up in Tuckshop around Sept to Oct.

• 2 weeks later...