Red Cloud & Co. jeans

Hsin

Got my RC r400 in size 34 today from max power!

Will update with post soak measurements and fit

Currently in hot delicate cycle in wash and low heat tumble dry

Pre soak

Waist 17

Thigh 12.2

Knee 9.3

Hem 9

Inseam 36

Tag size 34

Was about to type this as well. I kind of regret selling these, but I hope you give them the wear they deserve. Looking forward to pics.

You know, we never did confirm what my commission on that co-sale was. :D :D :D

Post soak after a hot delicate cycle and warm tumble dry

Waist 16"

Thigh 11.75"

Knee just under 9

Hem 8.4

Inseam 34"

Didn't take any fit pics because the inseam is extremely long for me still and the cuffs looks really awkward. I usually hem to 32" which gives a small break and allows for a clean single cuff but after cuffing these to where they should be looks like 30" is best

Denim impression: crunchy, slightly hairy and a lot of white vertical streaking in the warp. The twisted weft has a nice salt and pepper appearance that has a very soft feel which us pleasant especially for 17oz.

Very little dye was lost during the wash which I found surprising and the denim itself has a very dark appearance. The denim is a darker blue than a pair of 710xx or s5000vx with less white fibers poking through due to the twisted weft but not as dark as flathead or eternal denim

At the moment I plan on hemming them and (possibly) giving them a very small taper at the knee.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I saw that Taobao has the new 14.5oz Turpan cotton for the 423xx and the 424xx. It also seems the measurements have change pretty drastically for the 423xx, and somewhat for the 424xx. The 423xx seems like a much straighter fit now.

Edited by d-rew12

Have the 424XX on order - will let you know if the sizes/measurements have changed...

Thanks! Although it seems that the 424xx barely changed, just more rise, slightly smaller thighs. Unlike the 423xx which went through a drastic change.

Here is the 13.7oz size chart (taken from page 3)

2cscj85.jpg

And here is the new 14.5oz size chart

2a8q39u.png

I seem to recall James from TuckShop once mentioning that one of the models is considered sort of an experimental cut that can/has changed from season to season, maybe the cut referred to was 423XX...

Edited by Foxy2

I seems to recall James from TuckShop once mentioning that one of the models is considered sort of an experimental cut that can/has changed from season to season, maybe the cut referred to was 423XX...

Ah, you're completely right. He mentions it on the last page, and it is the 423 model.

I remember reading back in this thread and you weren't very impressed with the first pair of RC you got, I am assuming your opinion has changed.

Not sure where the impression comes from, but I have been pretty enthusiastic ever since I laid eyes on RC in mid 2011.

I started posting in other forums (mynudies, indigoroots) and Ranon x-posted some here. Hell, I even joined the Facebook in order to join the RC World Tour...

I might not wear them excessively, but I think they tick all the right boxes!

Recently, we managed to gather 4 faded pairs of Red Cloud jeans and coincidentally, all 4 of them are the R400 cut. You don’t really get to see samples of faded Red Cloud jeans on the net so we decided to gather a few pairs to capture the different evolutions obtained from Red Cloud jeans. These jeans are owned by different people with different lifestyles so the fadings will vary. Now let the pictures do the talking.

p1075280-copy.jpg

This is a R400
p1075299-copy.jpg

This R400H
p1075305-copy.jpg

Recently, we managed to gather 4 faded pairs of Red Cloud jeans and coincidentally, all 4 of them are the R400 cut. You don’t really get to see samples of faded Red Cloud jeans on the net so we decided to gather a few pairs to capture the different evolutions obtained from Red Cloud jeans. These jeans are owned by different people with different lifestyles so the fadings will vary. Now let the pictures do the talking.

p1075280-copy.jpg

This is a R400
p1075299-copy.jpg

This R400H
p1075305-copy.jpg

The more I see R400 fades the more i realize this is a very user-dependent denim. while most R400 i have seen has vintage-y fades, with a lot of subtle contrasts and vertical falling, my pair does possess somewhat higher contrast. probably because i don't wash as much as the owners of these pairs. when the light is good i shall posts the progress on my 4 months-effective pairs.   

here's my R400. 4 months 2 days effective wear. 2 soaks. 

gona perhaps do another soaks and rock these for a few more months before first wash. 

R400-1.jpg

R400-2.jpg

R400-6.jpg

R400-7.jpg

R400-11.jpg

R400-8.jpg

R400-10.jpg

the older version of R400 uses wabash pocket. feels very premium imo. shame the later version i saw online, including R400H, use different fabric now.  

R400-12.jpg

4 months? That is a lot of fading for 4 months. Probably has to do with your job or hobbie(s)?

P.S. Do you also have some fit pics? :)

Edited by Somar

here's the best i could manage for fit pic (took a few months back)

R400-2-1.jpg

fit quite similarly to 501 1947. I got these TTS, in 32. could have sized down one for a trimmer fit but i do like them as they are. 

re. 4 months. i live in Thailand. the humidity and heat here probably contribute to the quick fading. I also think my OCD dictates me to rub my thighs obsessively at times  :rolleyes:

Also, my pair fades quite differently from the other pairs posted here. imo this is one very interesting denim whose eventual character is wholly user dependent. doesn't hurt either that it is very hairy and slubby from the get go. definitely up there with all the japs big boys. 

Edited by DhaDha

• 2 weeks later...