Red Cloud & Co. jeans

Hsin

Really? That's exactly how we used to do it down south ;)

We always wondered why the northern rockabillies were so poorly dressed with their jackets worn in the 'traditional' manner.

Thanks!

Does anyone know how I can get my hands on one of the USN peacoats? 

you can try Schott,easy to buy, if you live in US.  they have a few different models of peacoat, or Hollywood Trade Co. 

for all Red 赤Cloud 芸 Fans,

i'm not sure you guy know this blog ,actually it has been established more than 4 years.  

there are lots of RC details about how this brand was established, how they made products and more importantly, RC history. 

if you are interested, check out by yourself, you will see their products really changed a lot and i suggest you read it in a  reverse chronological order. 

link: 

http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/articlelist_1594080241_0_7.html

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My Red Cloud & Co. R400 jeans arrived yesterday from AB Fits (great service btw - gave me express international shipping costing $65 when I only payed $50 international shipping). I soaked them while wearing in the tub and let them dry overnight. Here are the fit pics, I'm extremely pleased.

g6qsGI1.jpg

new "rusting denim" by Red Cloud.

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.1.w4024-972953366.2.6QTaBF&id=35307849913&scene=taobao_shop

T29npFXsXaXXXXXXXX_59376727_zps58ea07a3.

T2pr4IXx8XXXXXXXXX_59376727_zps71f25665.

I tried to translate the Chinese blurb into Italian with google translate, but it didn't work well :wacko: .

Is there any fluent Chinese speaker/reader wishing to explain what it's all about?

thks

volvo

Can't translate that, but a little blurb here about Rusting. There is two different cuts, the slim tapered and slim straight, both going to be very affordable. 

Rusting – By Red Cloud Mfg. Co

Rusting is a sub label produce by the same team that creates Red Cloud

Denim.

Not compromising the quality and productions, Rusting label is created for The “New Young Era†markets. Details of jeans are inspired by JC

Penney 60’s- 70s runs. The slim straight, and tapered are Red Cloud in

house cutting base on the R424 and R425.Uses Xinjiang 14oz Cotton and Made in Japan Thread (UJ) for the perfect constructions...... 

Edited by bradl

new "rusting denim" by Red Cloud.

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.1.w4024-972953366.2.6QTaBF&id=35307849913&scene=taobao_shop

T29npFXsXaXXXXXXXX_59376727_zps58ea07a3.

T2pr4IXx8XXXXXXXXX_59376727_zps71f25665.

I tried to translate the Chinese blurb into Italian with google translate, but it didn't work well :wacko: .

Is there any fluent Chinese speaker/reader wishing to explain what it's all about?

thks

volvo

“锈â€ä»¥æ—¶é—´ä½œä¸ºå‰æ而生的现实物质。

从棉花到纺æˆçº±ã€æŸ“色ã€ç›˜è½´ã€åˆ°ä¸Šç»‡å¸ƒæœºã€å†åˆ°åˆ¶æˆJEANS是人ä¾æ‰˜è‡ªç„¶çš„一ç§é‡ç”Ÿï¼Œå¥¹æ˜¯å´­æ–°çš„,当你使用起慢慢é€æ¸çš„å˜åŒ–真正的“锈â€æ‰å¼€å§‹å‘ˆçŽ°ï¼Œæ…¢æ…¢å‘ˆçŽ°çš„褪色å˜åŒ–承载了“生â€ï¼Œè€Œä¸¤è€…的结åˆå³æ˜¯â€œRUSTINGâ€çš„å«ä¹‰ï¼Œâ€œRUSTINGâ€æ˜¯æœ€ç®€å•çš„一ç§ä¾æ‰˜æ—¶é—´è€Œç”Ÿçš„现实物质。

i'm bad translator, any one who disagree with me, please feel free to point out.

why name" Rusting",

from my interpretation, Rusting expresses some Buddhist ideas, such as Nirvana 

when you enjoy the jeans, you rock it, you try to break in it.

the fade, the fit which you had got used to, the change, 

when your jeans are nearly " dead" or torn down, 

it  means your jeans begins its new life. it rotate.

and what you have gone through in your life, it perfectly reflect on your jeans, 

even Rusting itself means die and well-worn, but the jeans and the owner get rebirth. 

Chinese always say" The loss may bring us good fortune." (å¡žç¿å¤±é©¬ç„‰çŸ¥éžç¦.) 

the jeans you torn down may be bad, but you get something pay back, which might not only be the fade, but also the experience accompany with you. 

Ok, that is my interpretation, as far as i know, the owner of Red Cloud is a christian, 

the owner might think completely different.

i might wrong.

AND for the jeans itself, Bradl is basically right.

I am curious to know if anyone knows what the patch on the R400 translates to? Like this one:

p7126692.jpg

Northeast China                                     Red Cloud tailor shop                                  Shenyang

We sell various types                            trademark       sewing                      The red cloud tailor shop,

of products made from denim                                     machine                     located at the western of shenyang,

such as tops and bottoms.                                                                              opens a sewing studio.

Please choose our brand.              union made    size     real mccoy

quality guaranteed    32       equally honest

(inch)    with aged people

and child customers

These sentences were often printed on some posters of shops in the 1930s in china.

Edited by Soulatomy

• 2 weeks later...

Good one, Soulatomy! 

That is correct and yes, it is the idea of having the old wordings printed on the patch.

Rusting by Red Cloud will be coming to Tuckshop & Sundry Supplies this week. For the English-speaking, we will translate and update as much information as possible with pictures and fit guide.

Have you guys check out the new Ladies wabash by Red Cloud? As far as I know, it is only available from us at the moment,

Good for the ladies :)

PA123759.jpg

I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on a pair of R400 soon, any reasons to talk me down? 

Also, when is the next restock at Tuckshop? ;)

Absolutely no reason to, they're one of my favorite jeans fit wise, and denim wise. Mind you I got the r-400h. But still absolutely love them. Only gripe I have with them, is the back pockets are a tad bit to big. 

But I am excited to see the t shirts coming out for next year