Signed up just for this thread.

Inspirational.

Been struggling to find a nice simple shoe for ages; something that isn't a boot. Matters made worse that every social media site seems to be posting about y3 due to competition hypebeast is doing.

May cave in,

Any carabiner would be better than the TAC-link as it is a device designed to fail and break if any stress is applied to it. 

Why opt for a screw down stainless steel one and not for the Acronym 3A modular pouches? 

A grimlock would be a best if you need option than both as it is still polymer so it will be quiet and not make a lot of noise like a metal carabiner. And it's in matte military colors so it will fit better with the ACR aesthetic. It also has a quick release pin adding to disconnect components with ease.

MPGRML%20Grimlock.jpg

these carabiners now come with the ACR p10's. 

Edited by spaces

http://www.isaora.com/collections/isaora-meyerhoffer-surforwrd/products/isaora-meyerhoffer-tech-light-insulated-jacket

I've got to admit. I dont find the Isaora x Meyerhoffer collection that atrocious like some of their other collaborations. I actually find myself liking the composite insulated jacket (despite the branding Sur.for.wrd which to me rips off Saturdays NYC's branding a bit).

Overall for a pricepoint hybrid jacket it's pretty decent looking.

jacket-full_2048x2048.jpg?v=1395699816

jacket-side_2048x2048.jpg?v=1395699816

jacket-back_2048x2048.jpg?v=1395699816

Styling is awful as per the norm for them tho.

Edited by firstdoorontheleft

You're after a simple tech based shoe? As in waterproof/bulletproof/gps enabled? What are your requirements?

At least wifi, basic.

It's ok, kind of forgot that half the appreciation for a shoe is finding it yourself.

Strangest thing, I just received my Olivers Gym shorts...

4 way stretch, no zipper and button but the exact same sizing as the outlier shorts for 68$.

The reason I looked was because I like the button  and zip on the outlier and I am on the lookout for something a bit more dressy .

I found the Olivers a bit baggy and wondered if the outliers would be a more tapered but alas

Any pointers in a good short with a under 11" hem and 8 inches inseam for a 34/36 ??

I'm pretty happy with the Olivers shorts. Replaced my 3-ways and I feel they fit a lot better. Nothing fancy, but they were $30 a pop during the KS, fit me really well, and will prob end up wearing all 3 the whole summer.

It does sound as if I am a bit disappointed by them but I am not.Bought a pair at their KS campaign,now bought the other two colors.

Still  a great short for 68$ ..

What the hell is Air Texturized? Sounds pretentious

Well, it's not.

btw That site is a great source for learning about fabrics and technology involved...

Edited by Brainboy

So what's with the reaction to p10s? I'm missing something here.

Also, I'm sure these are going to go over here like a burning sack of crap on a doorstep but for anyone else who is a fan of Maharishi I just ordered a pair of these because I'm a geologist and I never know when I'll need to blend in with the goddamn moon.

d241165fb05254f74b0ab6899e66bd71.jpg

Also, I'm sure these are going to go over here like a burning sack of crap on a doorstep but for anyone else who is a fan of Maharishi I just ordered a pair of these because I'm a geologist and I never know when I'll need to blend in with the goddamn moon.

I'll hand it to Blechman, he knows how to make unique camouflage. I would set a school bus full of children on fire to get my hands on a copy of his DPM book.

Edited by firstdoorontheleft

Had to wear a tie yesterday and really wished I had that SISP tie. I'm assuming there are ZERO alternatives or cool shit in general when it comes to ties?

Are there any tailoring shops near you? If so I would say order yourself some tech fabric (I know a few if you need contact info) and have the tailor make you a tie. 

Even a shitty tailor can make a necktie, it's not all that complicated.

I'll hand it to Blechman, he knows how to make unique camouflage. I would set a school bus full of children on fire to get my hands on a copy of his DPM book.

It's a damn good book! 

You needn't burn any small children, you can still find copies: http://www.amazon.com/DPM-Disruptive-Material-Hardy-Blechman/dp/095434040X

Still cheaper than a goretex Acronym jacket ;)

Had to wear a tie yesterday and really wished I had that SISP tie. I'm assuming there are ZERO alternatives or cool shit in general when it comes to ties?

check out the Goruck man tie  someone beat me to it there's also a blue force gear tie

sorry this is my first post on Sufu I'm a long time lurker I've read this entire thread and it's why I joined

Edited by kravey

Not really techwear, but The Hill-side makes some pretty cool ties.