Whaaat. I'd say the cabourn/converse looks better than the hanon/clarks; chuck taylors over chukkas every day. Alright the cabourn/converse aren't the height of fashion but I ordered a pair. Would have got hanon/clarks too if they came in a different colorway

links for those who haven't been keeping up:

Cabourn x Converse All Star Bosey

Hanon x Clarkss 'Traxtor Ventile'

Any one interested in the Air Jordan XX8 "Carbon Fiber"?

EjbOXG0s.jpg

Alright, maybe you guys can steer me in the right direction. Today the weather couldnt decide what to do, so it rained, snowed, hailed, and did whatever. I had a shell on so my top half was dry, but I was unfortunately wearing jeans and they got soaked walking around. So I have decided to invest in a type of pants that arent jeans. Ive been admiring outlier and veilance stuff for a while, but im leaning towards veilance just because the price difference isnt insurmountable, and I'm a fan of regular arc'teryx stuff.

I know you guys have had experience with both brands, so I was just wondering if you guys could offer insight onto what I might be looking for (I'm open to other suggestions as well). I would like something that dries at a reasonable rate, is somewhat more comfortable if I do get soaked, and about as warm as jeans (as weird as that sounds). So overall, a more technical pant than something that is straight denim, but still 'fashionable.'

Also, in pictures the veilance pants fabric (any model) doesnt look that thick, where as the outlier pants look thicker, is that at all accurate? (assuming thickness translates to warmth)

I was wearing Voronoi's the other day when it was 5-7 degrees out (celsius) and the chill was apparent.

Edit: On another note, the same day I was wearing the Voronoi's, I also had the Graph sweater on and while walking through our factory to ship some items, an employee eyed me and said I looked straight out of Star Trek. I laughed in the moment, but Internally I was having a huge struggle as to how I felt about this comment. haha. *sigh* He no longer works for us.

Edited by TresUnCool

I was wearing Voronoi's the other day when it was 5-7 degrees out (celsius) and the chill was apparent.

Edit: On another note, the same day I was wearing the Voronoi's, I also had the Graph sweater on and while walking through our factory to ship some items, an employee eyed me and said I looked straight out of Star Trek. I laughed in the moment, but Internally I was having a huge struggle as to how I felt about this comment. haha. *sigh* He no longer works for us.

As far as warmth goes, I'm generally content in pants if its above 25ºF (-4ishºC). Im just trying to avoid something that would be as lightweight as quickdry hiking shorts or a bathing suit or something.

Tiger - what is cold weather to you? just wondering what climate.

Shifty, just based on your requirements, I think that the outlier doubleweave canvas stuff would be a great option. I have worn mine for three years in vermont in all but the hottest days. If it goes below 25 degrees I put long underwear on underneath them, but that is pretty standard for the climate. Both the Slim Dungarees and the Keirin Cut come in that cloth. It is a relatively thick, quick-drying, water-resistant, super comfortable (the inside of the "double weave" is brushed and soft) fabric.

Tiger - what is cold weather to you? just wondering what climate.

Shifty, just based on your requirements, I think that the outlier doubleweave canvas stuff would be a great option. I have worn mine for three years in vermont in all but the hottest days. If it goes below 25 degrees I put long underwear on underneath them, but that is pretty standard for the climate. Both the Slim Dungarees and the Keirin Cut come in that cloth. It is a relatively thick, quick-drying, water-resistant, super comfortable (the inside of the "double weave" is brushed and soft) fabric.

Couldn't be more appropriate, currently living in vermont. I probably wont pick anything up now as summer is approaching, and I'll wait until towards the end of summer before I act, but thanks for the input guys.

Alright, maybe you guys can steer me in the right direction. Today the weather couldnt decide what to do, so it rained, snowed, hailed, and did whatever. I had a shell on so my top half was dry, but I was unfortunately wearing jeans and they got soaked walking around. So I have decided to invest in a type of pants that arent jeans. Ive been admiring outlier and veilance stuff for a while, but im leaning towards veilance just because the price difference isnt insurmountable, and I'm a fan of regular arc'teryx stuff.

I know you guys have had experience with both brands, so I was just wondering if you guys could offer insight onto what I might be looking for (I'm open to other suggestions as well). I would like something that dries at a reasonable rate, is somewhat more comfortable if I do get soaked, and about as warm as jeans (as weird as that sounds). So overall, a more technical pant than something that is straight denim, but still 'fashionable.'

Also, in pictures the veilance pants fabric (any model) doesnt look that thick, where as the outlier pants look thicker, is that at all accurate? (assuming thickness translates to warmth)

I only have experience w/ the outlier Keirin Dungarees...but so far I love them.

Ive only had them a couple days now, but yesterday it pretty much rained all day, and snowed this morning. The pants handled the rain great. Most of the water was repelled and when I went inside I didnt feel gross at all.

They are about as comfortable as sweatpants. Though they arent as heavy as jeans, I can tell that in the winter I will for sure need to have another layer under them.

Only other pants I can compare them to are the Levis commuters, and Swrve softshell pants.

If these things can hold up for a few years ill be a fan for life.

Edited by jilla82

Levi's Vintage Collection 1954, all day everyday.

Don't want anything else anymore, fit is just perfect, the back pocket design is classic, great in simplicity. Perfect jeans for me.

Tried many other brands and models but they just don't have that same ''feeling'', usually the back pockets on most brands are ugly as hell or they add 'design features' which are useless/stupid/ugly/etc.

Spot on Shadows!

These 501's are great. I'm very pleased with Levis Commuter although I only have 511 pants, not jeans. Black jeans (501's again) also work great with all my techwear pieces.

Still looking for the perfect, more minimalist looking jeans, I'll have to ask denimbro part of SuFu, I guess.