I think Outlier have grown sufficiently since this thread started to warrant their own thread so I went ahead and started one in superfashion. My initial thought was to move related posts out of this thread and into that one but am not sure if we want to canabalize this thread. Thoughts?

Nice. I'll reedit my last post and put it in the new thread since it's quite recent but I won't be happy to see the rest of the thread canibalized.

Edited by SuE

^likewise, thanks for the fit pics, ink as well. Definitely going to pick that hoodie up eventually. These first though:

http://shop.vans.com/catalog/Vans/en_US/style/sep7ht.html?categoryId=66606 *

Vans Canyon Prelow. Only thing I'm unsure about is how the quality matches up to Roshes

*Tried to embed image, I'm not allowed to in this community? is there a post limit you need before you can do that?

I think Outlier have grown sufficiently since this thread started to warrant their own thread so I went ahead and started one in superfashion. My initial thought was to move related posts out of this thread and into that one but am not sure if we want to canabalize this thread. Thoughts?

I like having all the posts in this thread because it gives me a single source to scroll through for all UT. I'm sure that the Outlier thread will begin to fill with new posts soon but I appreciate the general discussion this thread provides.

Just got the Veilance insulated shell from Firmament, and damn its nice. I've been looking forever for a sleek looking but technical jacket that is not just a shell. Everything else I've seen has been too light (non insulated), too heavy, poorly designer (ill fittin collar) or have looked too "sporty", but this is just perfect.

^^ looking forward to seeing that in a WAYWT

I'm all for a specific outlier thread. General discussion of the brand, or any techwear brands in this thread is great, but lets try to keep fit questions in the new dedicated thread.

Edited by larssss

Just got the Veilance insulated shell from Firmament, and damn its nice. I've been looking forever for a sleek looking but technical jacket that is not just a shell. Everything else I've seen has been too light (non insulated), too heavy, poorly designer (ill fittin collar) or have looked too "sporty", but this is just perfect.

Yup. I've been trying to track down a medium for ages. Just a great jacket.

the baby atom is fucking amazing.

There's also this particular dead bird jacket on ebay right now that's either a prototype or a unit order overstock. looks like a theta and an alpha had a baby.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/ARCTERYX-LEAF-KHAKI-CROCODILE-GORE-TEX-JACKET-STOWABLE-HOOD-SZ-MED-NWT-/160965500991

god damnit, i was hating on those boots, but they've been growing on my for the longest and i need a pair. i'm sure it's been discussed, but how's the quality of the boots? TTS? i'm planning on using them for traveling and need them to be comfortable.

Anybody have the veilance blazer? Opinions on it? I'm not sure why I'm so drawn to having a more technical blazer, but it seems like something I could bring around traveling

It's great! I have the older (SS10) version with Windstopper, recent iterations doesn't have a membrane and are made with different, more lighter fabrics, so they're that weather resistant but still nice and handy. My only regret is that sleeves are bit too long (or my hands short?) It is definitely great for travel, plenty of pockets (even one designated as passport/boarding pass pocket) and very smart, minimalist look. Get yourself one.

Hey all,

Delete this if it's out of place, I've been lurking around this thread for a while - just wondering if anyone know where/how, or has, a vexed generation hoody they'd be willing to part with. PM me if you do.

carry on

Try giving Norby500 a shout he has some Vexed he would sell.

http://www.mover.se/collection.asp

merino wool backed gore tex shells. i hope other companies get this shell soon.

merino might not be such a smart choice for a backer. merino actually encapsulates moisture in the fiber rather than moving it from one end to the other, meaning it will exhibit slower vapor transfer than a high performance polyester based backer. its also unlikely to match the lifespan of the membrane/face fabric package.