Westbrook

Acronym.

5 hours ago, Orientalq said:

Surprised there hasn't been a J1A-GTPL review yet.

surprised u haven’t taken a hint and left yet 

6 hours ago, moneytalks said:

surprised u haven’t taken a hint and left yet 

seethe harder and I might

Literal 404 error lol

AF77B1C1-F331-416C-8B57-BBEFA504F2A6.jpeg

11 minutes ago, CLoudyun said:

WTB:

E-J1A Black FW-0607 or Olive FW-0304 both are fine

S-J1A

WS-J1A

condition 8/10 or better in size M/L/XL (Prefer L the most but all 3 sizes are fine), full packing would be sweet but not necessary

WTS:

J27-GT FW-1920 Size L 9.5/10 (worn 2-3 times, treated with care), Full packing. $1400. DM for pics

Wrong channel my dude 

2 hours ago, brainerd666 said:

Wrong channel my dude 

my bad, I'll hide the post

Did someone here turn their DAF-1's into mid / low tops a while back? Can't seem to find it on the search and would be interested in seeing how it looked again - haven't worn mine in a good while and debating giving them a new lease of life!

I remember E sharing a pic on his stories years back

iirc the dude just literally cut the leg off the top of them lol

Posted (edited)

Hoping this will generate some discussion: Would anyone here describe Acronym as militaristic?

I would never deny the clear influence military garments have on the aesthetic, from color palette right down to bag hardware, but I was at a loss for words when describing the brand to another person without using the atypical jargon like "techwear" and "cyberpunk." Other brands like WTAPS and Visvim clearly reference military clothing but either refine or elevate it into fashion.

Curious to hear how the enthusiasts here define it.

Edited by CountZatara
Formatting

You: It’s called techwear

(other person backs away slowly)

2 hours ago, CountZatara said:

describe Acronym as militaristic?

You're using that word incorrectly.

Could pick up any one of the Blue Ant entries and come across suitable descriptions that don't include 'techwear' or 'cyberpunk'!

I think he’s saying he was hesitant to use militaristic. 

But it’s streetwear. They have their reference material (military, moto, whatever), tweak it for wear in the streets and jack up the price. Wtaps is streetwear with more military influence. Visvim is more heritage. And that term has been around long enough that it should be in the popular lexicon, and not fashion jargon.

Any owners of the previous j29 variants willing to chime in regarding sizing? I heard they fit quite slim. Trying to figure out how the ws version will translate over from the gt and ch versions. 

1 hour ago, WiseFool said:

Any owners of the previous j29 variants willing to chime in regarding sizing? I heard they fit quite slim. Trying to figure out how the ws version will translate over from the gt and ch versions. 

I had the GT-J29 and it was very slim compared to my other jackets in the same size (medium.) I find WS to also fit more on the slimmer side. If I were you, I would definitely size up at least 1 size. If you have slightly longer arms, maybe go up 2 sizes if you want a bit of room to layer. Good luck!

1 hour ago, WiseFool said:

I’m normally an XL for my height and “girth” but I went down to a L In this and the J47 and I couldn’t be happier. 

acr is military spec materials with ninja silhouettes. spanish buckles on the 3A and molle webbing is military-inspired. Also word on the street is that Ian Wang plays Modern Warfare a lot if it matters.

Mil spec is branding gibberish lol

1 hour ago, brainerd666 said:

Mil spec is branding gibberish lol

or EtaProof/Encapsulated Nylon is actually made to military specifications aka for pilot suits? Obviously stotz told acr the fabric is mil spec so it's not like its not true or misleading

Mission accomplished. No more rep boys, we've made it to the funny number! 

420.JPG

4 hours ago, Orientalq said:

or EtaProof/Encapsulated Nylon is actually made to military specifications aka for pilot suits? Obviously stotz told acr the fabric is mil spec so it's not like its not true or misleading

Mil spec is branding. J crew uses stotz but don’t advertise it as “mil spec” because that’s not their target demo’s aesthetic.

On 4/10/2021 at 12:24 AM, beepy said:

I think he’s saying he was hesitant to use militaristic.

Oh I got that - just using the adjective incorrectly. Totally agree that 'military-inspired streetwear' is dumbed down enough to get the gist across to most ppl who would care- 

*Maharishi has entered the chat*

Anyone has experience with pairing AuxZip on Acronym shell and liner of different sizes? Trying to get a liner in M for my J1A in L but don’t know if it will work.

2 minutes ago, Mannymmk said:

Anyone has experience with pairing AuxZip on Acronym shell and liner of different sizes? Trying to get a liner in M for my J1A in L but don’t know if it will work.

My J1E is L and my J58 is XL. You can’t notice the longer sleeve. 

1 minute ago, BruceLeroy said:

My J1E is L and my J58 is XL. You can’t notice the longer sleeve. 

Thanks! so the AuxZip’s of the same length? don’t know if L jacket will have a longer zip than M liner.

3 minutes ago, Mannymmk said:

Thanks! so the AuxZip’s of the same length? don’t know if L jacket will have a longer zip than M liner.

I have a J1A in L and my go to liner is the J65–AK in XL. The Aux zip on the liner is slightly longer, but not by much and it's not really noticeable, nor does it impact the way you would wear it. The J65 is short sleeve so you will never have that "long sleeve" problem to worry about.