Acronym.

Westbrook

4 hours ago, robbatussin said:

There was a time when I was maxing out with two laptops (Thinkpad 14", MBP 13") in the (detachable) vertical pockets, a Canon 5D mkII, a single 24-70mm lens, and some misc items. 

Handle straps are long enough that you can swing the bag to your backside and keep it there, rather than hold it to your side like you would a typical tote. To fix in this position, you can undo one end of the stabilizer strap and loop around the handles and buckle (E demonstrates this in a release video). OR you can lengthen the stabilizer strap in it's 'stationary' location to match the length of the handles, flip the bag on its side and use as a backpack. Of course, not a true replacement for a backpack, but it functions as one when I need it to.

So like the 5/7/11/13TS they use a primary three-point mounting system which can also be used as a (unstable and less comfortable) backpack. However, the 9TS has much thinner straps and thus a worse fit on a shoulder for extended periods (it concentrates the load on one point vs a wide spread). In exchange for that weakness, you get a more stable tote using more flexible straps... the use case of which is (for me) not worth the loss of comfort. That said, I still don't believe it's any better in this position (in fact, worse than its 5/7/11/13TS counterparts):

image.png.9cd7a7fbe629492205dc8940dd293727.png

It still puts a huge weight on one shoulder which cannot be sustainable bar a light load.

How long were you able to sustain your max-load? Car -> Campus? Airport? Also sorry if I'm coming off the wrong way, I've tried hard to justify my messenger (which was three point and functioned in the same way as the ACR heavy messengers).

54 minutes ago, AvantSol said:

you do know the 9ts is marketed as a tote first correct?

except when it's hailed as being "as good as it gets", even compared to 7TS which wholly outclasses it due to being a backpack. And the messenger bag option is also the only way E wears it in the demo video. Far from "just an option". If you want to carry two laptops and a DSLR, like robbatussin, then the side-tote position is far from feasible compared to messenger position and even further from the ideal.

36 minutes ago, AvantSol said:

Why wouldn't he show off a function you don't normally see on a tote bag? Bruh, you're complaining about an overpriced grocery bag lol. And yes a backpack is better for carrying loads than totes, also the sky is blue.

You call it a grocery bag? Who's misinformed here? Sure isn't me. 

46 minutes ago, AvantSol said:

Ok, go off king. 

Yes, look at the zippered dividers and laptop compartment of the bag and tell me it's for groceries. Unless you're planning on shoplifting an Apple Store anytime soon, I'd advise against it. 

26 minutes ago, mikon_nikon said:

Remember how it worked last time - ignore and then it stops. 

9 minutes ago, AvantSol said:

Yeah, honestly I don't know why I bother.

I don't see why you guys don't block me if you're not interested in discourse. You can throw negreps at me all you want but it's probably better for your psychological health if you muted me instead. 

10 hours ago, jeddyhsu said:

A couple years ago I came up with simple hack that stabilizes your 3rdArm (1/3TS) messenger bag when cycling without the need for purchasing an extra stabilization strap. All that's required is a carabiner.

You're always posting about these hacks, and it's very much appreciated. :D 

Very ingenius, thanks for posting!

On 2/3/2021 at 8:46 PM, jeddyhsu said:

A couple years ago I came up with simple hack that stabilizes your 3rdArm (1/3TS) messenger bag when cycling without the need for purchasing an extra stabilization strap. All that's required is a carabiner.

By inserting a carabiner through the far-side zipper, you're able to create an anchor point. Next, equip your 3A and harness your pull tab to tightly secure the bag against yourself. Take the full length strap and extend it under your opposite arm. Lastly, reach over to your 3A's zipper and fasten it the carabiner anchor point, connecting the plastic D-ring to your back. 

This stabilization hack is a secure link that I constantly use while riding without fail. Enjoy.

Here's the hack in action a couple years ago:

Nice. May try this since I recently got a few carabiners. 

On 2/3/2021 at 12:17 AM, moneytalks said:

do you have a picture of what it might look like? 

No photo currently but sorting out communication of the order currently. 

this is what was communicated and invoiced. 

“Things went faster than expected, I was just on the phone with our Acronym contact. 

Since an Acronym strap for the 3A-1 does not exist, and thus isn’t being sold by Acronym, we can absolutely make one for you. 

However, we can not use any Acronym materials for it. This means that your strap would have to come with a black plastic buckle, as opposed to the Olive one on the Acronym bag, and the webbing itself would have to be black or Olive. It’s worth nothing that our Olive webbing isn’t identical with the Acronym Olive webbing, but very very close. The black webbing is essentially the same for BJ & Acronym bags. “

So it seems probably just slight color variation. Is the only difference, as soon as I receive the strap I’ll snap a flick. 
~Lefty

B2331972-980D-4DA3-A2B6-D542B6784009.jpeg

Edited by LeftyJeenyus

6 hours ago, frenchbulldog said:

forgot who here removed the elastic from their j58 - has anyone else done it? seconds away from biting the bullet here

Yeah, I had mine replaced with a longer piece so as to relax the fit.  I posted pics several pages back.  If you are going to proceed I can send you a link for the elastic I used, it took me about 6 tries to find something that matched OEM elastic.  

That elastic on the 58 was such a pain. It bulged ridiculously at all times and I would be pulling it down every like 10 steps it was so infuriating I just sold it. Was wondering if sizing up would solve the problem, but didn't want to be bothered with ridding of it again if it didn't work out. I remember seeing the pic you posted a while back and wish I did something like that, as I was desperate for a solution. Glad it worked out for you :D

4 hours ago, markdjr said:

Yeah, I had mine replaced with a longer piece so as to relax the fit.  I posted pics several pages back.  If you are going to proceed I can send you a link for the elastic I used, it took me about 6 tries to find something that matched OEM elastic.  

please do. was it just as simple as affixing it on both ends of the hem?

1 hour ago, frenchbulldog said:

please do. was it just as simple as affixing it on both ends of the hem?

My initial plan was to do something like that, an extension of sorts.  But I opted to have the whole thing replaced to keep it looking clean.  I paid a premium to a local guy who makes clothes and he did a really clean job of swapping the elastic, you'd never know that it wasn't original.  Definitely want someone who understands how to get the measurement and gathering correct for installing the new piece.

https://www.byannie.com/fold_over_elastic_2YD

8 hours ago, markdjr said:

My initial plan was to do something like that, an extension of sorts.  But I opted to have the whole thing replaced to keep it looking clean.  I paid a premium to a local guy who makes clothes and he did a really clean job of swapping the elastic, you'd never know that it wasn't original.  Definitely want someone who understands how to get the measurement and gathering correct for installing the new piece.

https://www.byannie.com/fold_over_elastic_2YD

wow, so you had the entirety of the hem binding replaced as well? i was hoping to open up the ends to pull out the old piece within and replace