Acronym.

Westbrook

17 hours ago, shadowproject said:

Thanks! Could you share some images? I’m 188cm, 84kg. Would you recommend a medium or large? 

I am away right now with a different jacket, but I will post some images tomorrow. I am 178cm and 90kg and a I wear a medium and it fits loose even with a J91-WS as a liner. I would not go larger than the medium for sure; in fact you could wear an S comfortably.

Edited by roofus

16 hours ago, roofus said:

I am away right now with a different jacket, but I will post some images tomorrow. I am 178cm and 90kg and a I wear a medium and it fits loose even with a J91-WS as a liner. I would not go larger than the medium for sure; in fact you could wear an S comfortably.

Oh in your previous message you said you picked up a large in the J110. Did you swap it out to a medium instead? 

2 minutes ago, roofus said:

Yes! I sold it to a friend! Here are some pics of me wearing a Medium with a J91 as a liner. As you can see it's still roomy!

1000009814.jpeg

1000009815.jpg

1000009817.jpg

1000009816.jpg

I just came in from walking the dog . . .hence the rosy cheeks! minus 12 celsius!

I think in some cases downsizing works, as I learned over time on most items it’s not as there is always at least one part of the pieces which is not fitting when sized down. I will check anyways on the small one, if not I will let it go for a decent price or try trading for a medium;)

Edited by DeadHype

21 minutes ago, DeadHype said:

@roofus you look cool, the non shiny zippers on your jacket are nice! 

21 minutes ago, DeadHype said:

@roofus you look cool, the non shiny zippers on your jacket are nice! 

Thank you! I was walking my dog in the park yesterday and a man asked me if I was "Special Ops?"

I thought he was kidding around so I said "Yes."  After talking to him for a few minutes, I was not sure if he was a joker or just crazy!

20 hours ago, roofus said:

Thank you! I was walking my dog in the park yesterday and a man asked me if I was "Special Ops?"

I thought he was kidding around so I said "Yes."  After talking to him for a few minutes, I was not sure if he was a joker or just crazy!

To the untrained eye, this outfit really looks like something from the world of military BDU or Special Forces (how you look, of course, matters too: body build, facial expression, and so on).

Edited by unmen

Quick update on the j70 after a few wears and getting into a heavy storm downpour with it. Temperatures range between around 0-8 degree Celsius here at the moment.

The wool is starting to become softer and softer, in general it isn’t that stiff anymore and kind of becomes a piece with character as it molds onto my body a little. The feel of the wool is super soft and cozy now, yet it has structure. I would say it keeps a nice climate even with just a longsleeve underneath, it may gets a little chilly around the vent holes in harsh conditions. With a thin down liner underneath it maintains a good microclimate too.

Even if it can manage to handle a few droplets with limited bedding properties it isn’t made for heavy downpours. It gets soaked, really heavy and stiff within like 10mins of hard rain. Laying it flat to dry prevented deforming which may occur on wet wool in general. 

On 12/24/2023 at 12:15 AM, DeadHype said:

Quick update on the j70 after a few wears and getting into a heavy storm downpour with it. Temperatures range between around 0-8 degree Celsius here at the moment.

The wool is starting to become softer and softer, in general it isn’t that stiff anymore and kind of becomes a piece with character as it molds onto my body a little. The feel of the wool is super soft and cozy now, yet it has structure. I would say it keeps a nice climate even with just a longsleeve underneath, it may gets a little chilly around the vent holes in harsh conditions. With a thin down liner underneath it maintains a good microclimate too.

Even if it can manage to handle a few droplets with limited bedding properties it isn’t made for heavy downpours. It gets soaked, really heavy and stiff within like 10mins of hard rain. Laying it flat to dry prevented deforming which may occur on wet wool in general. 

i will say, surprisingly water resistant in mild to moderate rain, was walking and friend’s GT was water logged, but my BU was beading and didn’t soak in at all. 

collar is still a bit rough, still need to beat mine up more and soften it up

• 2 weeks later...

I recently purchased the J117 on boxing day sale and I love it! The HL fabric is so soft and warm yet breathable. I love the mesh cuffs although I worry about the durability of the fabric. It is the same mesh used for some of the P30 / J56 internal pockets. The Zipper is super chunky and adds a nice weight to the piece. Because of the size of the zipper it does bunch up and make you look pregnant but slightly unzipping the bottom zipper fixes this. The back zip sling gives the hoodie a lot of structure and makes the J117 feel more substantial while wearing it.

Over all, this shit goated.

On 12/25/2023 at 5:58 PM, DROVES said:

i will say, surprisingly water resistant in mild to moderate rain, was walking and friend’s GT was water logged, but my BU was beading and didn’t soak in at all. 

collar is still a bit rough, still need to beat mine up more and soften it up

I washed mine (according to the instructions on the white label) to see if that would soften it up but it didn't make much difference: Instructions said not to tumble dry. My dryer has a cold setting so I was tempted to try that but I didn't. I may try the cold tumble dry later.

On 1/3/2024 at 6:51 PM, Yamato2800 said:

I recently purchased the J117 on boxing day sale and I love it! The HL fabric is so soft and warm yet breathable. I love the mesh cuffs although I worry about the durability of the fabric. It is the same mesh used for some of the P30 / J56 internal pockets. The Zipper is super chunky and adds a nice weight to the piece. Because of the size of the zipper it does bunch up and make you look pregnant but slightly unzipping the bottom zipper fixes this. The back zip sling gives the hoodie a lot of structure and makes the J117 feel more substantial while wearing it.

Over all, this shit goated.

Tend to agree. Where did you cop? I unzip the bottom as well, makes the fit look way better. Also worried about the cuffs and babying them...

Overall, it's oversized in a good way. 

14 hours ago, DeadHype said:

@roofus you are a menace for throwing it in a washing machine. I brushed mine with a soft brush, this helped a lot with the touch of the jacket. 

I have many shortcomings but that is the first time I have been called a menace! (other than by my Mother when I was an urchin!)

On 1/5/2024 at 9:57 AM, zimmerman said:

Tend to agree. Where did you cop? I unzip the bottom as well, makes the fit look way better. Also worried about the cuffs and babying them...

Overall, it's oversized in a good way. 

I got it from Less One Seven out of Calgary. Fabric is so soft my wife can't stop hugging me when I wear it haha

image.thumb.jpeg.22da366e2acf16fa711b9233289172bd.jpeg

On 1/9/2024 at 12:00 PM, DeadHype said:

@Ponga91 any pieces you want to grab? 

I'm a big fan of P10A pants (finally been able to afford my first P10A-E last month 😎).
Would love some kind of light bomber or even a varsity jacket as well.

17 hours ago, Ponga91 said:

I'm a big fan of P10A pants (finally been able to afford my first P10A-E last month 😎).
Would love some kind of light bomber or even a varsity jacket as well.

I am really not sure if the newer stuff is something for you then…