Samurai, Sugarcane, Oni Denim in NYC!!!!

savage

Word. Makes no sense at all. Samurai should simply direct orders from the US to BIG.

Come to think of it. I think Samurai ships to the US from Japan... so you might save more money. They really shouldn't do that if they respected their distributors.

This exactly the thought I was having. There are at least a couple of Japanese companies that even make their clothing in NYC, so it would not even be a car ride to Soho, it'd be a couple of stops on the subway. It would be incredibly inefficient to send clothes to Japan then back to NY, but I don't know if Samurai's get made in NYC. I guess if you own them, you can check the label right quick.

I'll be in NY next weekend, it'll be nice to check out BIG again to see the new SDA and PBJ.

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EDIT: LanceP I was there on thurs and the Samurai's I looked at were only even sizes but I didn't really go over the store with a fine toothed comb. I'll probably pop in this week if I'm in SoHo so I'll try to remember to ask.

Thanks. I'm referring to Pure Blues by the way, specifically the XX-005's.

And I just got word from Gordon that they sold out of XX-005's, but they should be getting another shipment in (including odd sizes) by the end of the month. Here's the e-mail he sent with some sizing info for those interested as well:

Hi Leo,

The XX-005's measure unwashed 2" bigger than tagged size. So a 31"

measures 33". We're currently sold out of the 005's but will be getting

more in at the end of this month including 31". I will try to find the

measurements I took when the jean was in stock an forward those to you.

Thank you,

Gordon

This exactly the thought I was having. There are at least a couple of Japanese companies that even make their clothing in NYC, so it would not even be a car ride to Soho, it'd be a couple of stops on the subway. It would be incredibly inefficient to send clothes to Japan then back to NY, but I don't know if Samurai's get made in NYC. I guess if you own them, you can check the label right quick.

I'll be in NY next weekend, it'll be nice to check out BIG again to see the new SDA and PBJ.

The S0500's I have say mad in Osaka, Japan.

What are the prices on their sc 47s? I want to sell mine and would like to see what the competition is selling them for.

I had a great experience at the 45rpm store. They hemmed two pairs of jeans for me in less than an hour, even on a Saturday afternoon.

I dropped them off, walked down to B.I.G., tried on a couple pairs of jeans, then walked back. It couldn't have been easier!

so i found an american web site that sells official sugar cane japanese denim over the net. they also sell red monkey and other denim brandz

Sugar Cane jeans Japanese Denim Jeans

pixel.gifBrand: Sugar Cane

ASIN: B000GADAME

Buy New: $279.99

ASIN: B000GADAN8

Buy New: $359.99

Sugar Cane jeans selvedge denim jeans

ASIN: B000GAPEF0

Buy New: $359.99

ASIN: B000GAPEEQ

Buy New: $279.99

They mostly have Japanese streetwear. Most of it was pretty flashy, not something the average sfer would wear I think. I thought the designs on most of the stuff were nnice but agian if you don't like really loud clothing there's probably not much there for you.

Damn,

Anyone want to buy anything? I'll order it and I'll knock ten bucks off your order. I'll just ask to send it to your address. As long as you don't live in NY state, cause of the whole sales tax deal. Also won't cover shipping.

PM me.

Just stopped by there the other day for the 2nd time and bought a pair of the Samurai 0's. Warm/hot soaked em, and they shrunk up alot more than I expected. the Waist is fine, but I feel like the rise is pretty low, and the leg width overall is a good bit slimmer. Still love em, but they gonna take some getting used to plus some serious breaking in till they "fit" me. Makes my APC's feel cheap and flimsy as some paper denims.

The store suprised the shit out of me from the get, just cause most NY "streetwear" shops come with a hefty dose of bullshit. Good to see some people who value customer relations.

Sidenote: was anyone else feeling the YSL and Vivienne Westwood pocket squares/kerchieffs/bandana's? after dropping 285 bucks on some jeans I didn't even wanna ask how much they were, but a couple were beautiful.

Hope these jeans break in well, my trip to Alaska should put in some seious work early this fall, cause I rocked 'em out the house still wet to work today, and the train ride was unbearable...like wearing some fuckin Chain male drawers...we'll see how much longer I last in the NYC soup.