Samurai, Sugarcane, Oni Denim in NYC!!!!

savage

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Green tea, you are getting off topic. We are talkin about pimps and hoes now. This isn't a denim thread... oh wait.

Don't add fuel to fire. Back to jeans. Anyone else really good at buying another pair before the last are completely broken? I'm great at it. Seriously, when it comes to folding to temptation, I'm a pro. Having a domestic importer and shipper (Blue in Green) will not help the addiction.

What channel was that on again?

I went to BIG today and talked to Travis. The store is great and I felt special just to see all the great stuff they have. I almost picked up a pair of sugarcanes but I was told that there will be a new shippment in the middle of next week so I'll wait to see what will show up. Anywa a great place to visit, this has to be the best denim store in nyc if not the whole country.

Definitely the whole country. Hands down... Don't anyone try to argue it.

Did you guys catch this write up on BIG? http://www.psychopedia.com/dailynews/2006/07/musical_museshedi_slimane_hear.html

It gives a short but interesting background on the shop and the owners. Did you know Blue in Green is named after the Miles Davis piece? (that plus the fact they're on Greene street selling blue jeans makes it all quite elegant, in my mind) The article also talks about the owners' current favorites. Of course the Edo Ai's were on the list.

Psychopedia also has a denim companies directory for those interested.

I bought a pair of 1930 M2 wash duckdiggers yesterday. The pics miz put up don't really do the denim justice. I don't have much experience with heavily faded slubby jeans, but I have to say that I like the difference between these and the highly contrasted denim often seen here. The contrasts in the slubby denim is almost from strand to strand in the deinm, so there'll be totally washed-out strands and less washed out strands on top of each other, and it seems true that you just won't get the same high contrast with this kind of denim. It's hard to explain, but it's the variation of hues that is most striking in these. These jeans are also very comfortable and I don't sweat in them like I do in dry.

Also, the white duck digger patch is like a tough piece of beef jerky, and it's sucked all the denim in the vicinity around it. Gordon told me to 'snap' the label to enlarge the waist, if I have to.

I'm addicted. I'm not even a fan of distressed jeans, but these warehouses were so far above and beyond what I've seen, I'd probably get another pair (if I could afford it, which, well, that's a whole different topic). I still want to get a pair of dry duck diggers with the cinchback, but that'll have to wait.

Funny thing, as I was comparing the subtle differences in the hues of indigo between all the different denim, my wife told me I can't justify buying another pair of jeans just because the color is 'different'. Eh, at least she let me get the m2s.

congrats on your purchase. you really can't appreciate how nice the duckdiggers are until you see them and wear them in person. if you wait a little bit, BiG will be getting the duckdiggers in 1900 style which is also cinch back, BUT, it has the beautiful reinforcement stitching (instead of rivets). you'll definitely love them.

***New email from Blue In Green***

We now have available as of today the following styles from Studio D'Artisan, Pure Blue Japan, LOW HURTZ, and Samurai Jeans at Blue In Green.

Studio D'Artisan:

5196 - $146

7047 - $184

SD-103 - $245

D-1002 - $245

1249 - $221

DB-431 - $370

5254 - $109

Pure Blue Japan:

XX-005 - $205

LOW HURTZ:

Gas Mask - $109

Samurai Jeans:

S0130XJ - $298

S0510XX III - $285

I'm guessing DB-431, cuz of the price.

I have a type 2 levis repro. Shit is amazing. You can form some fishnets on the inside of the elbow crease.

tried on the SDA type 2 jacket and it is super nice. a little big on me, i would have to shrink it down (they are unsanforized). the new denim was also very nice. nice stuff from SDA and Samurai. also the SDA wallets were lookin' proper BUT, they only have one left in each color. so, probably will be gone soon. :-(