Samurai, Sugarcane, Oni Denim in NYC!!!!

savage

I just stumbled upon one of the craziest Denim stores in Manhatten. It just opened like 2 days ago!!

Anyway, they carry Samurai, Sugar Cane, and Oni Denim. I'm sure there are some other obscure brands too, but all are premium straight from japan.

The name of the shop is 'Blue in Green'

Located at:

8 Greene St.

(Bet. the Cloak store and Canal)

I don't think there is even a sign up or anything cause the place is so new.

One more thing, the owners name is Yuji - tell him Brett, from DressCodes, sent you.

Happy hunting and shopping...

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Denim Bar needs to get some more japanese stuff. Having a samurai or sugar cane retailer close would be sick.

--- Original message by watchman on May 25, 2006 01:25 PM

Easier said than done. Mauro even mentioned that he would have to charge way too much for Sugarcanes, which is why he is not carrying them. I definitely wouldn't be surprised if this store in NYC charged an arm and a leg for their stock. You're better off going through a middle man in Japan.

Quote:
Quote:

Denim Bar needs to get some more japanese stuff. Having a samurai or sugar cane retailer close would be sick.

--- Original message by watchman on May 25, 2006 01:25 PM

Easier said than done. Mauro even mentioned that he would have to charge way too much for Sugarcanes, which is why he is not carrying them. I definitely wouldn't be surprised if this store in NYC charged an arm and a leg for their stock. You're better off going through a middle man in Japan.

--- Original message by Dangydang on May 25, 2006 01:47 PM

ha i know, it's wishful thinking i guess. Luckily there are forums like this to help out haha

I think the stock ranged from 300 - 350 and up... but you get to handle the merch instead of guessing online. Plus, the guy has to bring it over here, and mark it up for himself.

dude's gotta make a little money to survive.

no it's like $315 for the edo ai 40501A and okininawa 40301A, not the 47's

they may get 47's at some point

they have duckdiggers, S5000VX, pure blue AI (and others), oni and some john bull with more stock coming

very nice shop, very nice people

prices are reasonable considering

being able to see this stuff in person and try it on makes the markup worth it (but i'm always siding with shopowners, aren't i?)

edit - this is no dig at xcoldricex, i think he does a great service

Edited by asfberg on May 25, 2006 at 08:10 PM

well, unless you're in ny or visiting ny and can go to the store you may as well use xcoldricex and take your chances ...

but i liked going to the store

i learned stuff

like the SC40301A's are super nice, but are just a tiny bit too short

and the pure blue AI are unbelievably textured and slubby - super cool - fit's a little funny but they seem to want a good amount of breaking in (i remember my jomon's were a little funny fitting in the beginning but now i get girls commenting on how good they look. not on the color but the fit ...)