Samurai, Sugarcane, Oni Denim in NYC!!!!

savage

hey smackadog!

here's a mass email from our BIG friends that many of you may have gotten today:

Blue In Green will be periodicaly sending out e-mails informing our customers anf friends of incoming additions to our current stock.

Since our opening 3 weeks ago, we've been receiving several requests for certain brands and styles that we do not currently stock but that we may be carrying in the future. I'll be working on bringing some of these in as well as filling special orders when possible. Some of you will receive a seperate e-mail pertaining to the status of your individual requests.

We are still in the process of building a website to handle mail order items yet purchases may be made by check or money orders in the meantime.

June 19 arrivals:

Samurai: The S0500XX, S0505XX, S0110XJ styles, additional S5000VX, and 3 pairs of S634XXII from the 2003 production run.

Oni: Blue and Red Straight Fits (BSU-01, 02), Selvaged, Bleached Print, and Painted Print on back pocket models (BSU-11, 21, - ), and the Killer Chino pant.

June/July arrivals:

Baracuta: Creators of the Harrington jacket, a classic from the UK, making its US debut at Blue In Green with the Slim Fit G9.

Aon! Black: Collection of limited edition tee's from the UK.

We will also be receiving stock from Pure Blue Japan, Warehouse, and Studio D'Artisan but have yet to confirm a date at the time of this message.

A new update will be sent out as information is obtained.

Thank you all for your suggestions, patronage, and support.

Sincerely,

Gordon Heffner

Blue In Green

8 Greene Street

NY NY 10013

t.212.680.0555

f.212.680.0556

[email protected]

Using chain stitch, your train of jeans is fading wind.

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At approximately $108 per sq. ft. for downtown commercial rent in NYC, BIG occupies about 600 sq. ft.. That's a huge monthly nut. I wonder what "being competitive" with Japan means in that case? How they'll pull that off? Each time I've gone in there've been no other prosepctive shoppers.

I'm ninety-three/

You're sixteen/

There is nothing more for you and I

Melvins

Quote:

They need to carry some mainstream crap to get people in there

--- Original message by PG2G on Jun 10, 2006 05:19 PM

NO NO NO...

RPM has done ok, and they are hardly mainstream. They just need to build a reputation and the people should follow. Well hopefully anyways. I would rather have them stay true to the concept.

Edited by digital_denim on Jun 10, 2006 at 06:14 PM

So I went in today and inquired about Sugarcane 47's.... apparently Levi's is trying to take action to stop them for importing into the US and is also suing Toyo in Japan... so the store isn't going to carry them icon_smile_sad.gif

i went in there today, it's next door to cloak. so i think the right kind of people will end up there. there were a couple other people when i went in. guy was mega-cool. i tried on the 17 oz samurais and they're ridiculous. will definately buy from them. they had some other cool stuff as well.

korn feat. ice cube

F*ck levis if they are really trying to sue toyo in japan.... they already have all of mainstream america buying their shitty stf 501s ans crappy 505 stonewash, etc.

Let the japanese manufacturers produce the higher quality reproductions. Its not like levis corporation gives a damn about their premium lvc line in the u.s.a anyways. Shit like this makes me want to buy the japanese companies' products over levis!

they'll be competitive by having arrangements with the other mfrs like they do with samurai. except for sugar cane the others have no distributor or "overseas handling store" here.

and they'll stay competitive with people - you/us - supporting them and spending the extra $5 - $10 over buying direct from japan

Quote: supporting them and spending the extra $5 - $10 over buying direct from japan

agree, i'll be looking to mail order some samurai's from them when i've worn in my canes and onis in a year..... or sooner haha.. we need more stores like this in the US, tell your denimhead friends about them, support the cause. xcoldricex is extremely helpful, but won't be in Japan forever

Yo, i just dropped by this store yesterday-- btw, was chatting with one of the owners and he was ultra nice.

anyway, Samurais, Canes, and Onis were ULTRA slubby. these jeans are worth their price i think. It's nothing like my apc's or imperial.

Quote:

So I went in today and inquired about Sugarcane 47's.... apparently Levi's is trying to take action to stop them for importing into the US and is also suing Toyo in Japan... so the store isn't going to carry them icon_smile_sad.gif

--- Original message by cchen on Jun 10, 2006 07:24 PM

It's funny that Levi's would sue them considering they have basically given up on their LVC line in America. If they want to put a dent to toyo, then maybe they should up the quality on their jeans. It's funny because even the most capitalistic of the American companies still don't believe in competition. Isn't that the basis of it all? It isn't as if people buy sugarcanes because they think they are levis. I'll support any quality denim brand taking it to Levis, especially Sugarcane.

Edited by rnrswitch on Jun 11, 2006 at 08:50 AM

Quote: It's funny because even the most capitalistic of the American companies still don't believe in competition.

Well put. Levis seeking an injunction against BIG. That's nuts. Do you suppose History Preservation may figure into that suit? And, further, what does this mean for HP's efforts to get this product on US shelves? That is just infuriating. With Levis fake-ass "lifestyle" approach to denim. Denim cognoscenti would buy Levis if they upped their game a few notches. It's not like they can't afford to. But why seize upon SC '47's only? Shit, why not seek to ban SC entirely, since SC comes right out and says they're using the original Levis template. Stop it all from being sold here. Every friggin piece. Don't go half-ass on this. Crush SC completely. Levis can shit blood.

I'm ninety-three/

You're sixteen/

There is nothing more for you and I

Melvins

Edited by Edge_Of_Denim on Jun 12, 2006 at 05:57 AM

Quote:
Quote: We will also be receiving stock from Pure Blue Japan, Warehouse, and Studio D'Artisan but have yet to confirm a date at the time of this message.

I wonder how much they will charge for Studio D'Artisan...

--- Original message by Anguished Irony on Jun 12, 2006 07:58 AM

can't be any worse than the 300 that the Japanese Fantastic JEans store on ebay is charging. Now that I think of it, he actually lost money on the pair of 103's i bought from him, only cost me $120 and they go for 20000 yen retail in most shops, would love to get the Black SD 103's though ugh..

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZtriggerkid

just came back from visiting the store. the owners, yuji and gordan are very cool, cool peoples. had a long talk with them about all sorts of stuff.

anyways, check out the store! they are just starting out so they are still working on their inventory, so go back often!

Edited by mizanation on Jun 14, 2006 at 06:27 AM

• 2 weeks later...

I hate to say this, but I think I may be out in New York over 4th of July weekend. I have to do some damage control for the company I work for, but I am definitely stopping by BIG. I know myself and know that when I see a pair of Samurais I will have to buy them. I wish they had the SDA 103s, but hey. What is the going price for the s5000VXs? I am going to be selling my brand new SC47s and 551ZXXs to compensate for this splurge.

I feel so guilty and weak.

Long story, but yeah, about a year ago I came into possession of a couple of SC47s.