Samurai, Sugarcane, Oni Denim in NYC!!!!

savage

no pure blue yet, thelion, that comes in on the 11th. so far they only have one wash sugarcanes that go up to 40 im sure. edo ais and okniawas, and i think 47s. samurais are $285 sugarcanes $315 for edo ais and pure blues when they come in are $255. they're getting, pure blue wise some ai-001s, xx-005s and some more including a superslim lee repro. happy hunting

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no pure blue yet, thelion, that comes in on the 11th. so far they only have one wash sugarcanes that go up to 40 im sure. edo ais and okniawas, and i think 47s. samurais are $285 sugarcanes $315 for edo ais and pure blues when they come in are $255. they're getting, pure blue wise some ai-001s, xx-005s and some more including a superslim lee repro. happy hunting

cool so the one wash sugarcanes they got are NOT slim fit??? I really do not like slim fit jeans. So what i see your saying is they got Sugarcane One Wash for $315.

And samurai for $285. (some dude said their samurai's are $500 whats up with that) And samuri's are baggy not slim fits right?

Anyone got pics of these jeans? or a link to what they look like?

Also do they got any BLACK raw denim or BLACK one wash?????

cool so the one wash sugarcanes they got are NOT slim fit??? I really do not like slim fit jeans. So what i see your saying is they got Sugarcane One Wash for $315.

And samurai for $285. (some dude said their samurai's are $500 whats up with that) And samuri's are baggy not slim fits right?

none of the canes at BIG are slim fit.

they have very slim samurais and regular samurais. if you are looking for not slim fit, try the S05000VX. also, take a look at the oni jeans. many of the questions you are asking about fit can be found on this board. you can also try emailing the store.

they are getting black denim later.

this place is the shit. I stopped by there yesterday and they had everything a higher end store in Ueno would have. Said he was getting the Sd's in soon....was also asking me about eternals and warehouse.....but yeah, the prices are amazing there....about as good as you're going to get w/o dropping 1000 to go to Jp yourself and you can try it on even....When i start buying denim again in like 10 years, i'm def going here.

These guys are really good. Gordon's calling PBJ to make sure that my wife's size 26 translates into PBJ's women's jeans, and then making sure they get one in the next shipment. Sweeeeet! Gotta involve the wife otherwise I may be the buddy who broke up with his fiance over a pair of jeans. I think I'm more excited about the jeans than she is.

All this was over email too.

Dropped by there this weeksend when I was in NY. I had to pick up a pair of the SO505s. I bought them about 3/4 to and inch too big to try to compensate for shrinkage and stretch. They are some truly beautiful jeans. I finally saw the fabled PBJs that they had there. I was not impressed. Maybe I just don't like natural indigo. The denim was thich and almost too slubby. I can't remember how much they cost, but they were nothing, in my mind, compared to the samurai's they had. The construction on them was spot on though, but they just didn't look appealing to me.

One drawback on the SO505s is no 17oz or hidden rivets, but hey they are suppose to be 505 repros. The rise is much smaller than LVC 505s.

Overall, the shop was phenomenal. I wish I could steal that samurai denim banner they have. The sugarcanes and oni were also pretty nice, but I think the samurai's were just awe inspiring. Now I just have to get rid of my SC47s.

If you had to guess, how heavy do you think those PBJs are? I'm trying to guage my tolerances. I don't think I ever want to go heavier than them, but a lot of the Samurai are either 17 or 19oz.

If you had to guess, how heavy do you think those PBJs are? I'm trying to guage my tolerances. I don't think I ever want to go heavier than them, but a lot of the Samurai are either 17 or 19oz.

PG2G, how heavy are the AI-001?

I couldn't say for sure. I didn't handle the jeans an extensive amount. As soon as I saw them I knew they weren't for me. If I had to guess I would say a solid 14 to 15oz denim.

Along with the construction. I just like the look of them. They have the deepest of blues (practically black), the red tab, the arcuate, the slim fit of the 0505, was just what I was looking for. The hardware is both tough looking and just plaing tough. The leather jerky tag design basically says "japanese denim." They were just the most appealing of the jeans at the shop. I also liked the 0110XJs and was contemplating switching sides to left twill denim, but the back pocket stitching was just lame... Lee's style, which I don't like also. I also liked the s0500s, but the fit was a little more relaxed and they didn't have my size at the time. If they had the SDA shipment in I would have been in a bind.

Also, I think the leather tag on the Pure Blues is just flat out lame.

Along with the construction. I just like the look of them. They have the deepest of blues (practically black), the red tab, the arcuate, the slim fit of the 0505, was just what I was looking for. The hardware is both tough looking and just plaing tough. The leather jerky tag design basically says "japanese denim." They were just the most appealing of the jeans at the shop. I also liked the 0110XJs and was contemplating switching sides to left twill denim, but the back pocket stitching was just lame... Lee's style, which I don't like also. I also liked the s0500s, but the fit was a little more relaxed and they didn't have my size at the time. If they had the SDA shipment in I would have been in a bind.

Also, I think the leather tag on the Pure Blues is just flat out lame.

wlcome to the s0505 club, me and HJJ got a pair also. awesome silver selvedge.

Those are hot! I think I will start wearing mine in about 4 months.

rnrswitch, yeah, i'm not so sure if i want to go with the ai-001s anymore, or even the xx-003s.... i am going to see what the xx-005's are like.

i also liked the samurais. actually, more and more, i am feeling the whole samurai thing. i really like how they take every iconic jean and put their samurai twist on it.

Can someone post the price of xx-005's when BIG gets them?

seeing what they already had in there...it will probably be very affordable compared to anything else...very comparable to japanese prices...the only thing that was kind of out there as far as pricing goes was the sugarcane stuff, but i'm assuming it must have to do with the history preservation crap....but the samuari stuff..being one of the more expensive repro brands in Japan, are very nicely priced at BIG, i really can't recommend that place enough....I am so stoked in what they are trying to do...and wish them the absolute best.....although ringing the bell to get in is kind of weird....but whatever..

That's how it is in San francisco's ABfits too. I think that's not so uncommon in NYC.

too bad AB Fits isn't overflowing with dope Japan denim. (Although they used to carry Dope + Drakkar!)

the North Beach one doesn't have a ringer either :P

Yeah, I use to love going in there before I started reading SF. Now when I do go, I quickly scan the piles of jeans and leave. It's mostly Euro type stuff or basic PDC, Rock Republic, Earnest Sewn stuff....yawn. If BIG wants to set up in San Francisco, I'm willing to work for jeans! Goddamn that would be a cool side gig.

I wish I could steal that samurai denim banner they have.

I offered some cash for the Sugarcane banner there. It would look mighty fine on the wall in the entrance to my apt. However, my girlfriend quickly put the "thumbs down" on that one.

I did not realize BIG was selling Edo Ai's for $315. That is great news, and an incentive to buy, for anyone who wants a pair. That's $180 below HP's price. Huge.

I'll have to give Samurai another look. I love that silver selvedge (I forget who it was posted a pic of his) and the pics HJJ has of worn in Samurai. But since I am not buying any more raw denim for a good long while...

Yeah, I use to love going in there before I started reading SF. Now when I do go, I quickly scan the piles of jeans and leave. It's mostly Euro type stuff or basic PDC, Rock Republic, Earnest Sewn stuff....yawn. If BIG wants to set up in San Francisco, I'm willing to work for jeans! Goddamn that would be a cool side gig.

yeah pay us in jeans. 3 jeans of your choice a week.

when i went in there this guy showed me the most expensive samurai model, $295, with sparkling silver selvage...(drool...)....too bad it only went down to a 32 :-( so i went to 45rpm and got some O/W sorahikos. those are great. im getting a pair of apc unisex and number (n)ine superslim raws in august. and if you dont like slim, most samurai is a fuller leg, with the exception of the 110XJ and the 505 zipper model. just remember,

Oni=slubby devil

samurai=indestructible but uncomfortable at first

warehouse=pretty denim

sugarcane=do you even have to ask?

when i went in there this guy showed me the most expensive samurai model, $295, with sparkling silver selvage...(drool...)....too bad it only went down to a 32 :-( so i went to 45rpm and got some O/W sorahikos. those are great. im getting a pair of apc unisex and number (n)ine superslim raws in august. and if you dont like slim, most samurai is a fuller leg, with the exception of the 110XJ and the 505 zipper model. just remember,

Oni=slubby devil

samurai=indestructible but uncomfortable at first

warehouse=pretty denim

sugarcane=do you even have to ask?

i still think the oni is the best of the bunch there....

We now have available as of July 13th 2006 the following styles from Pure Blue Japan and Studio D'Artisan at Blue In Green.

Pure Blue Japan:

AI-001 - $510

XX-003 - $205

XX-005 - $205

1038 - $265

1068 - $185

5221 - $160

5224 - $150

5222 - $150

Studio D'Artisan:

SD-103 - $245

D-1002 - $245

SD-D01 - $320

9217A - $98

9217B - $98

9230B - $49

9210A - $62

9210C - $62

9226A - $49

9226B - $49

We offer a simple and easy method for mail order purchases while our website is

under construction. Please send purchase requests to [email protected] ,

an invoice will then be sent via e-mail payable by Credit Card or Paypal, once payment is received the order will be shipped out asap by DHL.

We ship domestic and worldwide. Tax does not apply for non-NY residents. All domestic orders are insured and shipped Ground. Express shipping is available upon request.

All international orders are insured and shipped Express.

Mail order items, un-worn, un-altered, and damage free, may be exchanged or returned for store credit. Sorry, no refunds available.

Questions on product info and availability may be directed to [email protected].

Regards,

Gordon Heffner

Blue In Green

8 Greene St.

NY NY 10013

212-680-0555

Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless handheld

Just got this in my mail.