Samurai, Sugarcane, Oni Denim in NYC!!!!

savage

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes, they have a painter's pants which have a detachable tool pocket thing that can be attached to the front or the back of the pants. pretty interesting.

they didn't get any of the distressed models from PBJ, but they have a sample of one in the store. if enough people like them, i'm sure they would get them.

they also have a bunch of t-shirts and shirts from PBJ which looked pretty good.

They'll also be getting odd sized PBJ's in the upcoming shipment. They didn't know they had odd sizes. I got a 28 raw, Gordon said they measured two inches larger than tagged, so I hope this works. But that's the beauty of BIG, you can exchange them! I'll just wait for a pair of 29's or 30's to come in if they're too tight. No more selling on Supermarket due to choosing the wrong size.

i dunno if it's been mentioned but if people in NYC who frequent the shop could arrange for the superdenim name to be placed strategically in the shop...we could see a few nonSF buyers become SF buyers in no time. always good to see people who know things arrive on the boards.

hmmm i dun understand why u guys say the difference in pricing so so minor. I checked out the samurai website and for the s0505xx its 21,840 yen, and after conversion its about SGD298 for me which is also 187 us dollars. Im sure shipping and everything wont cost 100 us to jack it up to 285 right?

they ain't cheap here in the states. for example, the lightning style book we keep talking about is only ¥760 plus tax in japan, but it's priced at usually around $20 at the bookstores and eBay and stuff. it might be worth having someone looking into it in japan.

hmmm i dun understand why u guys say the difference in pricing so so minor. I checked out the samurai website and for the s0505xx its 21,840 yen, and after conversion its about SGD298 for me which is also 187 us dollars. Im sure shipping and everything wont cost 100 us to jack it up to 285 right?

You will probably pay about 65 to 85 dollars for a buying service. Which means that you will save a little bit of money, but nevertheless it is quite nice to go into a store, try on some nice jeans, and in the end, help out the store owner for trying something new by purchasing some jeans from them. It, to me, would feel cold if I went in there tried on a pair of jeans, and went home and order them online.

Come to think of it. I think Samurai ships to the US from Japan... so you might save more money. They really shouldn't do that if they respected their distributors.

I know. I forgot to ask if they could ship my jeans to me. Some stores will just ship a box to your house so you don't have to pay tax.

I love how Americans try to avoid the 8% sales tax :) It's 25% in Sweden and hidden and impossible to avoid for regular consumers.

Anyway, my S0505XX cost about $220 with shipping from Samurai. They should cost around $255-265 through bid-service.

They cost me 285ish in BIG and I don't regret my purchase at all knowing this. But then again I hate ordering stuff online, I'd much rather walk into the store and get it, even if I'm not trying anything on.

EDIT: LanceP I was there on thurs and the Samurai's I looked at were only even sizes but I didn't really go over the store with a fine toothed comb. I'll probably pop in this week if I'm in SoHo so I'll try to remember to ask.