Competition: Heavyweight Denim Championship Of The World 2011/12

Megatron1505

Yes if that's an option obviously. In many cases the manufacturer does not produce a tapered fit model. I'm not going to sit around and wait 2 years for a 24oz 710 model when I can just get it done professionally for $50.

Also those 24oz RHT are mindblowingly awesome; if I owned a pair like that I could die happy.

In all respect to beatle and her fit is really good but if she weren't beatle but some unknown person, half of you if not more would advise her to hem her IHs.

But I don't remember if she ever get one of her jeans hemmed and that stacking kinda belongs to her :)

I just want to say that we very often apply double standards here.

Too often do people on SuFu buy a nice pair of jeans, only to neglect wearing them at an appropriate length.

Commentary was provided for lax because he appears uncomfortable with his fit.

Commentary was reserved for beatle because she looks comfortable with her style:

I just like them stacked or I don´t give a damn..

one year 24oz denim

20101004.jpg

If it looks good is another question (answered by the judges). I for my part find this pair is too extreme.

Also those 24oz RHT are mindblowingly awesome; if I owned a pair like that I could die happy.

Clearly a difference of opinion here.

DON´T get the samurais tapered. Just don´t do it....
^seconded.

If tapering is allowed should be decided by Megatron but as Atzec said: Don't do it

My Shoai are tapered artificially. I tapered my Sam 24oz RHT artificially.

You should do it too if the taper will make the jeans fit you better.

Hurf durf I'm going to walk around for 2 years with $400 jeans that fit less than perfectly because to alter them would be DISRESPECTING THE VISION OF THE MANUFACTURER.

kill yourselves

I was looking forward to seeing those Shoai's aged in their original cut. Altering the cut no doubt affects the fades you'll produce. It's not representative of the jeans as they were made.

We'll have to agree to disagree.

My fault, I'm English so we do the date dd/mm/yy, rather than mm/dd/yy.

Let me know what you have/ order and I'll add you to the list.

for those of you interested in 24 oz jeans made in usa on old black pre WWII sewing machines, we cut four pairs of 24 oz. i am wearing the first pair completed, my fellow jeansmaker, marshall, will be entering his 24 oz. denim onepiece we made with the second pair. the third and fourth are unclaimed. measurements are waist 34, front rise 12.125, back 16, thigh 13.25, knee 9.5, hem, 8.25, and 40 inch inseam.

^ You're both welcome, with your Busters, please send $4 to obbigood via paypal when you get chance to contribute to the Championship belt.

Miner fades are going to be awesome.

klue, is the pair on the left the one you´re competing with or did you make yourself another pair?

same pair. you only need one for a lifetime.

^ok, this pic was posted 4 weeks ago. when did you start wearing these?

i started wearing them middle of november, i realise now that that nuullifies them for the contest. although its tough to imagine two weeks will make much of a difference in a two year contest. is it possible to just have a early end time?

not my choice but fwiw I think it'd be worth making an exception if he wanted to end 2 weeks early. dude is wearing some startup company shit he made himself.

he's also a proven competitor (from the FC contest) who I'm confident will update frequently and not drop out.

shrug