Competition: Heavyweight Denim Championship Of The World 2011/12

Megatron1505

Thanks for the compliments and tips guys! It is appreciated!

May I suggest trying a double cuff (2", maybe even 3") on those, if you aren't going to hem?

Personally, I think they fit sloppily with the bagging around the knees AND stacks with a cuff. A double cuff would clean those lines up nicely. Stacking can work well on more tapered jeans with smaller leg openings, but that isn't the case here.

I also think cuffs compliment the tucked in shirt better.

Just because you're 15 doesn't mean you have to look like you dress sloppily. Too often do people on SuFu buy a nice pair of jeans, only to neglect wearing them at an appropriate length.

Alright, I am highly taking this into consideration. I have had them double cuffed before, but I guess it just didn't look that great. I will try a bigger cuff next time though. I agree that they do fit relatively on the sloppy side at the moment, they are still being broken in, but the knees regardless if I cuff or not is going to stay like that until fully broken in since I guess that is just the way the denim is.

As for the shirt being tucked in, I think it just depends on who the person is, I guess I can pull it off, but to be honest I just don't like the look on me. I personally think that the fact that im 15 tucking in a shirt is just a bit too much of a mature look for my liking.

And, to make my night a LOT better, I went back to CVS explained my problem, they gave me my money back on a new card finally, so I was happy (still am)!

Screenshot2011-01-10at91409PM.png

laxlife1234, how long have you been wearing them? Heavy denim can take time to settle, so perhaps give it a couple of weeks then decide what you're going to do with them.

Semantics, as the contest ends at the end of January/ beginning of February 2013, it would hardly be fair to crown a champion for that entire year in the second month of the year.

It is 2011/12, and the matter of crossing over to 2013 is purely down to the "grace period" of allowing everyone to buy/ order their jeans.

Hope that's clear :confused:

laxlife1234, how long have you been wearing them? Heavy denim can take time to settle, so perhaps give it a couple of weeks then decide what you're going to do with them.

They have been worn for ~week and a half. I'm set on getting stacks though, but I do have to give it time. I just want this pair to have them since the SG's are going to be hemmed to a point where if I cuff 1-2 times there will be absolutely no stacks.

Semantics, as the contest ends at the end of January/ beginning of February 2013, it would hardly be fair to crown a champion for that entire year in the second month of the year.

It is 2011/12, and the matter of crossing over to 2013 is purely down to the "grace period" of allowing everyone to buy/ order their jeans.

Hope that's clear :confused:

from your description above that championship could be turned into a annual thing. An every year contest for heavy denim, starting from January the 1st with a fresh pair till December 31th and that every year. And the belt would be forwarded to the next winner if it's not the same person.

ok...I'll stop now. that's a funny idea but nothing this contest could benefit from

Beatle just kills it with her fits...outta this world!

In all respect to beatle and her fit is really good but if she weren't beatle but some unknown person, half of you if not more would advise her to hem her IHs.

But I don't remember if she ever get one of her jeans hemmed and that stacking kinda belongs to her :)

I just want to say that we very often apply double standards here.

1 year isn't enough of a test for heavy denim in my opinion ;)

one year can be enough for sick fades...but I agree that 2 years are more for the durability test.

well than make it a 4 year contest like the soccer WC ;)

edit:

one year 24oz denim

20101004.jpg

so it's possible to fade these. If it looks good is another question (answered by the judges). I for my part find this pair is too extreme.

In all respect to beatle and her fit is really good but if she weren't beatle and some unknown person, half of you if not more would advise her to hem her IHs.

But I don't remember if she ever get one of her jeans hemmed and that stacking kinda belongs to her :)

I just want to say that we very often apply double standards here.

might be a true story,but imo she's almost the only one wearing a pair of jeans unhemmed AND uncuffed like this.

and imo stacks r looking way better on this type off jeans as on a wider pair (laxlife's s500 for example!)...

though i would almost like to see a single- or double-cuff on her pair! would also look dope imho!

so all i got is love,no matter if stacked or cuffed ;)...

the S0500 cut is at the edge where stacking can look good or not. the contest jeans kinda differ from the standard S0500 and the leg opening is a bit wider so it's easier that the stacks look off.

I agree, tapered leg and stacks can look good.

straight or bootcut = stacks are off and sloppy

Beatle- I agree. My pair doesn't nearly look as nice as yours due to the widened leg and how they stack.. but if I had a skinner pair of jeans I'm sure people would like it just as much...well probably not just as much, but I'm sure they would like that pair better than my sams.

Edit: just wondering, if we wanted to get a pair of our contest jeans tapered, could we? Or is it considered cheating?

I just like them stacked or I don´t give a damn..and btw - BF - I don´t think people hand out compliments merely based on popularity.

I agree but I think the popular members get less critique. Hell even my pair could be hemmed 1-2" inches and I would have a cleaner look.

But I'm just one of the persons who don't want to alter their jeans

Screw artificial tapering is my stance on that, not saying that you can't, but if you do you should be beaten with a stick.

b_F, I'd love to know what that person did to those 24oz in 12 months, and what climate they live in. At a guess I would say lots of cycling, in somewhere like Singapore or Thailand, and I agree that the fades are too extreme and too crisp. Personally, I prefer a more vintage fade, but each to their own and I'm glad that I'm not a judge.

My Shoai are tapered artificially. I tapered my Sam 24oz RHT artificially.

You should do it too if the taper will make the jeans fit you better.

Hurf durf I'm going to walk around for 2 years with $400 jeans that fit less than perfectly because to alter them would be DISRESPECTING THE VISION OF THE MANUFACTURER.

kill yourselves