ROY X CONE contest, 1.1.11 - 2.1.12

Paul T

thanks so much for the warm welcome!

riff,i was going to post my first week there last night,had nearly everthing finished but one wrong click deleted the whole post...arrgh!

was too tired to do it all again,next try hopefully tomorrow(tonight is booked for debauchery with my mates)

Hate it when that happens :mad: But your teaser speaks of great things to come... That apparatus... Almost afraid to ask what you do on it :P

Edit: Zissou - I meant since the initial wash :)

We were heading north in Scarborough right during rush hour...

91812c90.jpg

The air became heavy again, and massive lightning storms broke out. Heck of a light show!

2cbdd23f.jpg

Beautiful photos, riff. I like that many of the names in your travels - Scarborough - for instance, are the northern towns of my youth. And I see yours is much bigger than mine. the lens, too.

Markus, great to see you back. So they had you in a hamster wheel?

Oh, and congratulations zissou, great that you finally got your $$$$!

spring is in the air...

hoee.jpg

have just booked a nice excursion for october, finally getting to see some more parts of my country ive been missing out on, will be travelling by car, plane, boat, train and of course bike and foot

eastern NC bore the brunt of the storm for sure. Greenville wasn't as bad as some in eastern NC, but its pretty messed up. I'm going to take some more photos now, but this is from the newspaper website.

trees.jpg

thats right down the street from me from yesterday.

second try of posting some stuff from my little stay in upper Franconia.

the clinic is the large grey building in the middle,pretty ugly 50's architecture,looking much better from the distance.

6080269795_c8677c5c6e_z.jpg

one example of what i did in there:the spacecurl.a device to train my balance.looks fun and certainly is,but also damn exhausting.

6080372279_1366b0d515_z.jpg

one of my first excursions after finishing my daily schedule led me to the hollow stone,one of the smaller lump of rocks,which are spread all over that area

6080860082_57fb961a9b_z.jpg

after a few days i started to practice nordic walking,a sort of "sport" i use to smile at.but if your spine and discs starts to get moody it suddenly makes sense.i was surprised how complex it is to get all the work movement right,took me a few days to coordinate it in a proper way.most people you see using those sticks doing it all wrong.

6078598795_cd31eb6c85_z.jpg

Max Power picked me up the first saturday and took me to Bamberg,where i had to buy a sweat pant.i was told that jeans are a no-no in the physical therapy area,due to hygienic reasons.in my case they were certainly right.

a detail from the impressive cathedral:

6089462836_a00fd55b00_z.jpg

some nice renaissance graffiti at the townhouse

6089438582_72d7d5ee2d_z.jpg

the rest of the week was uneventful,did some more excursions into the woods

6080327367_a1149e9668_z.jpg

honestly,that wasnt me.

6080864550_112044c41b_z.jpg

present for the kids

6080331619_effc154193_z.jpg

6080866288_f68ef390e5_z.jpg

Max Power picked me up the first saturday and took me to Bamberg,where i had to buy a sweat pant.i was told that jeans are a no-no in the physical therapy area,due to hygienic reasons.in my case they were certainly right.

No fit pics?

I've heard from some folks in NYC, and it wasn't as bad as expected. Still, any word from This Sunday? Do we know how he's doing post storm?

I live in Brooklyn while he lives in Queens but it was not bad for me at all, no loss of power and just rain and wind. Glad to see everyone's progress, still wearing mine when I can. The temperature is slowly dropping but the high humidity still makes it awful to wear denim, especially waiting for the subway.

Glad you're safe Erk.

I've heard from some folks in NYC, and it wasn't as bad as expected. Still, any word from This Sunday? Do we know how he's doing post storm?

I'm ok. Thanks for asking. Luckily, nothing fell on my car and we didn't lose power in my apartment building.

Very good almostnice- upright again!

This weekend the Roys took a trip to Monterey, CA.

First, a few pics from Friday night at Nojo in SF for Ran & Mike:

6095214078_d846c3fff6_o.jpg

Chicken skin, sea salt & lemon.

6094673893_61934df144_b.jpg

Tsukune with egg yolk sauce.

Early next morning, escaped the fog by heading south on CA-101:

6095214188_8e34259f47_z.jpg

6094674161_753dd14a42_z.jpg

Into fog again in Monterey:

6094675035_b2feef338c_z.jpg

Witnessed a Quinceañera on the beach:

6094674335_3ea25472b8_z.jpg

6095214634_549ae0a395_z.jpg

6095214802_148c17dfa9_z.jpg

And some local punk rock teenagers killing time:

6095214896_a8fcc1a6b8_z.jpg

For dinner I had to abandon the Roys for a while, as they are severely over-due for a wash and I had to be presentable (and not smell like grass) for dinner. So there was a blank period:

6095221618_8a939a1055_o.jpg

robby - place looks great...somehow reminds me of a TV show (forgot the name, sry!)

Dick Van Dyke Show? It's fantastic. There's not a stitch out of place that would indicate anachronism. I tend to do the same thing, but with a cut off more in the 1920s or 30s. My significant other, while appreciative of my interests, doesn't really join them as yours does so well, so I have to be satisfied sticking bits in where I can.

Roy6 there is seriously something wrong with those corndogs! I would send them back, and report the vendor to the Carnival Commission.

view from my roof

irene01.jpg

right out front

irene02.jpg

irene04.jpg

irene06.jpg

irene08.jpg

irene09.jpg

irene08.jpg

irene17.jpg

Lots of my friends are still without power, luckily we only lost it for a few hours on saturday. We're hoping everyone else will have their power back sometime today. Public works has been out there all day every day workin to get this stuff cleaned up. big mess.