ROY X CONE contest, 1.1.11 - 2.1.12

Paul T

???????????

white fabric, blue jeans being worn as often as possible, smurf dress

not mine

yesterday some friends flew up for lunch

they rode from the airport to mr's on their new fold up bikes

i was like @_@ wanna go shopping

mr was like but i already have one that you and your love of old stuff will like even more

i love that he has way more hoarded stuff than i ever had

fold1.jpg

pedal powered light

fold2.jpg

one of my students pointed out that at a glance my belt looks like im lowriding and the belt loop looks like a gstring, now i cant unsee it

fold3m.jpg

he got it from a second hand shop 10 years ago, we figure it belonged to a yachtie from england or germany? google came up with nothing on the shop tag

fold4.jpg

fold5.jpg

gonna clean her up and keep her in the lounge

also, the girl has offered to make me a boot purchase on this 24th. trying to decide between tricker's or alden. good day!

post wash pics tomorrow morning if they are dry by then (given the hot weather here).

Lucky man :eek:

Looking forward to seeing some pics.

5604237928_8e5cceeb7a_z.jpg

Nice - some good oil will definitely fast-track the evo a bit!

Today wasn't overly exciting - time to clean the fish-tank and 'groom' the riccia carpet I've been trying to grow (using moss as substrate):

P4090052.jpg

Noddy the fighter says hi!

Did you know, gram for gram this fish generates way more biting force than a great white shark?

P4090080.jpg

P4090085.jpg

whoa, just caught up on a week's worth of updates. Spent last weekend visiting Homegirl in Masaka, then spent the first half of the week in Hoima, in the Lake Albert region (where recently 25ish billions Dollars worth of oil was confirmed - interesting happenings there) observing the launch of a colleague's baseline survey using PDAs (which we will be using for the endline survey of my last project), and the latter half of the week in Mbarara, in the Southwest, for stakeholder meetings and survey tool pretesting.

Had to spend more of Saturday working than I have in a while (grrr), but enjoying a lazy Sunday today before heading to Arua (North/West Nile region) early early tomorrow for the first half of the week and Mbale for the second half, for more meetings and pretesting. A handful of pictures later.

Lucky man :eek:

Looking forward to seeing some pics.

Nice - some good oil will definitely fast-track the evo a bit!

Today wasn't overly exciting - time to clean the fish-tank and 'groom' the riccia carpet I've been trying to grow (using moss as substrate):

P4090052.jpg

Noddy the fighter says hi!

Did you know, gram for gram this fish generates way more biting force than a great white shark?

P4090080.jpg

P4090085.jpg

My buddy and I wrote a screen play for a syfy type action movie about a beta fish that was the reigning king of an underground fish fighting ring. It escapes its aquarium and gets released into a radioactive water supply, grows to enormous proportions and wreaks havoc on a spring break boating/partying location... it hasn't been picked up yet.

^haha. Good luck, man!

My daughter had a beta, and that thing lived forever. It eventually turned white and would float upside down. Every time I thought it was dead, I'd poke it and it would swim away.

TG76- That's a cool little bike!

Spent an exhausting day yesterday finishing the install on the laminate floor. But, it's done! Time to go do some touching up before the carpet guys arrive on Tuesday...

OtjJk.jpg

Oh, I almost forgot. My Roys and I have been having fun driving around in my new car- a TDI Golf! This car is so much fun...

nu7vP.jpg

^Very few people do buy diesel still. The numbers are rising slowly though, as are the bio-diesel ones. VW has always had a small but passionate number of customers for their diesels. The Jetta TDi wagon in particular has been a sought after model by those in the know for a few years now.

Quite right, Doc and devilish. I have friends who have driven across several states to get a TDI Jetta wagon. Crazy thing was, the dealer from which I bought my Golf had 6 TDI Golfs, about 10 TDI Jetta Sportwagons, and a few Touaregs. It was the most I had ever seen in one place.

Aside from VW, I just don't know of any other manufacturer putting diesel engines into cars (and selling them in the US). Even Mercedes seems to only put diesels in a few of their cars today. Now I can tell all of the smug hybrid owners I know that I'm getting almost the same mileage as them (and having a hell of a lot more fun driving- it's a manual) ;)

BTW, belt is looking great, Doc!

My buddy and I wrote a screen play for a syfy type action movie about a beta fish that was the reigning king of an underground fish fighting ring. It escapes its aquarium and gets released into a radioactive water supply, grows to enormous proportions and wreaks havoc on a spring break boating/partying location... it hasn't been picked up yet.

Interesting...

My previous couple of short-finned fighters would have been more suitable for your movie - these guys move faster, and have the 'dragon scale' gene (looks like someone went crazy with white-out on these fishies):

DSC01328.jpg

fwbettashmp1239877863.jpg

DSC01469.jpg

5606760414_da80afdee1_z.jpg

Love this!!!

Dude, you photographed cube? I still fucking love Ice Cube even after "are we there yet?"

He's a super cool dood. he's real and down to earth as well. I dig him too chris.

Farhad congrats on the new site! Looks Beautiful, nice and clean.

Thanks amigo. Appreciate the kind words. Looking forward to seeing your new site as well.

Farhad, you have a way with photos, I'm always knocked out by them. THe site looks beautiful.

Thanks so much Paul. I appreciate the kind words.

Farhad, the site looks really good. I'll be in LA in June for the SE party. I'm sure I'll see you there

I'll be there man. Looking forward to seeing you. You should come to the photo shoot that Beatle, Kiya and myself are planning as well.

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=271030

farhad, to echo whats already been said great site.

Thanks a lot Robbie.

Ranon Happy Birthday.

Quite right, Doc and devilish. I have friends who have driven across several states to get a TDI Jetta wagon. Crazy thing was, the dealer from which I bought my Golf had 6 TDI Golfs, about 10 TDI Jetta Sportwagons, and a few Touaregs. It was the most I had ever seen in one place.

Aside from VW, I just don't know of any other manufacturer putting diesel engines into cars (and selling them in the US). Even Mercedes seems to only put diesels in a few of their cars today. Now I can tell all of the smug hybrid owners I know that I'm getting almost the same mileage as them (and having a hell of a lot more fun driving- it's a manual) ;)

BTW, belt is looking great, Doc!

Forgot to say before that, that's a good choice on the Golf. It's the best Golf VW have produced in a long time. They are real drivers cars again. The 2 door GTi is one of the best looking/handling Eurocars around these days. I have been trying to persuade my gf that she should get one. Maybe we should check out the TDi as well.

Fresco - they're looking great!! Farhad - awesome refresh for your site!

Aho - congrats on the new gig! There's always the weekends, right?

Happy birthday Ranon! Let's see them pics!!

A few pics from the weekend (more in the wayjdt thread!)

8e135daf.jpg

95862e5d.jpg

e74b4000.jpg

9537cb8c.jpg

^Thanks dkatz and riff, couldn't rep...I'll hit up when I can! As far as the past few months, everything went by so fast and here I am suddenly in April with little wear to show for it. Loving the updates from everyone else though, and I'll keep wearing when I can!

excellent shots Riff, love that butterfly pic.

Friday my ROYs and I played a show at a charity battle of the bands. the winner takes home 3500 bucks...and guess who won?!

5607662289_3fbcd18660_z.jpg

thats right. we did.

we were all very excited cause we needed this money real bad. we're finally gonna be able to finish mixing on our new EP and get it pressed.

heres an action shot for ya.

5607680731_c558df255d_z.jpg

You only won cuz you were wearing the hippest jeans at the show.;)

Congrats, erk! Way to go :)

Forgot to say before that, that's a good choice on the Golf. It's the best Golf VW have produced in a long time. They are real drivers cars again. The 2 door GTi is one of the best looking/handling Eurocars around these days. I have been trying to persuade my gf that she should get one. Maybe we should check out the TDi as well.

I totally agree. I had an '02 Jetta 1.8T, and I loved the engine, but other things, such as the suspension, were lacking. My '08 Rabbit was a huge improvement on the suspension, but it just had the 2.5 4cyl. The new Golf TDI has an even tighter suspension, and the torque is lovely :) Its a little rocket that sips the fuel. You should at least go test drive one if you want to convince her...

Cheers man. One soak, one wash. I've been delaying a second wash by brushing them down.

Me too! I just use an old washing up sponge/scourer, but the cuffs are filthy so it may be wash #2 v.soon.

@Riff

Looking good as always.

I cant find any camera-enhancing apps to download for my phone on the Ovi store, so I guess it's just practice with what I have....

5608727733_93c2b88b9d_o.jpg

Dude, what the fuck? More info needed. Are those steel statues. I once worked on a house for the dude that owns Cisco in San Jose and that dude bought a horse statue made of iron (or steel maybe) and the shit cost him like 2mil.

yesterday some friends flew up for lunch

they rode from the airport to mr's on their new fold up bikes

i was like @_@ wanna go shopping

mr was like but i already have one that you and your love of old stuff will like even more

i love that he has way more hoarded stuff than i ever had

fold1.jpg

pedal powered light

fold3m.jpg

he got it from a second hand shop 10 years ago, we figure it belonged to a yachtie from england or germany? google came up with nothing on the shop tag

fold4.jpg

fold5.jpg

gonna clean her up and keep her in the lounge

Great Competition People. Its nice to see how diversely the jeans are being used and worn :) .

tg76... That bike is Cool. If you commute via train etc to London in the UK you'll see a lot of those fold-up Brompton Bikes. I see dozens of them daily.

You should really buy your friend a few (more) beers or at least give them a extra hug as those Bikes retail new at around £700-800GBP.

Your friends are very Cool.