Denime

Naoto

Great if you still could wear them.

Even if retird or semi retired, those Ralfs deserve an eternal life for sure

Naoto, got any bigger pictures of your Tokyos and Kyotos? I somewhat remember seeing them when I browsed though the Denime thread over at Mynudies about a year ago. Would be fun to see what they look like now. 

ordered the Denime 66 just now. size 29 after they updated their tables. i was aiming for a 80cm waist - size 29 is 81cm -  but I can not believe a 28 - which is 80 -  would fit me....

coolcool ^_^

Edited by Blue Nemo

^We def. will see. I hope they are here in two weeks or something and that Hamburg's customs won't fuck it up for me, as they do on a regularly basis - it's like a rodeo

My Denime 66 arrived today. I ordered them on saturday at Denimio.com. They were shipped on monday and arrived this thursday!!!

awesome!

I havn't looked thorougly into the denim and the overall construction, nor the details, as I had no time, and the lighting is bad.

I think I choose the correct size. As you can see, there even is a bit of space (two fingers) so that I could size down even more, but I don't know how this will work out after I have soaked them.

What do you think? I appreciate any advice!

so here are the obligatory, crappy pre soak pics:

pad89ngj.jpg
iozqmn4h.jpg
ebqamkfk.jpg
p7rnybw7.jpg
p2ulqelp.jpg

cheerio

I think you picked the right size. Don't think I have any pre-soak fit pics of my pair but I recall they looked somewhat similar to your fit.

You could get away with another size down like Max says but I think that would ruin the fit a little. 

Looking forward to the post-soak pics!

I don't know how much they'll shrink but I think you could size down one - just from how they look.

+1 - I agree w/ Max. But really depends on how you like to wear them. 

While I still have the 66 around, I review them, as good as I can.

The overall construction is great, all the stitching is solid without flaws, all the beltloops are perfectly done. The thread that is used for the stitching though is pretty thin.

There are some flaws honestly, nothing serious, but here and there loose threads hang around, inside of the inseam, for example hangs a 10cm thread around (the warp).

The paper patch is a paper patch, it is the first I ever touched and I don't like it,  but in this case, for the price and especially the reproduction date, I don't care.

The hardware looks solid too! I hope all the rivets are copper, though the backside is either iron or zinc. As is the buttonfly. The buttons feel light. Four buttons instead of five, I don't know if that is accurate, I prefer 5 buttons always. But I definitely do not miss the backpocket rivets, the bartack-stitches sit tight, rivets are not needed.

The denim feels tightly woven, a bit hard, not really flexible. Its not flat, but it is not particularly hairy, rough or slubby. Although it has some nice texture to offer, I hope I could catch this in the pictures. It is not certainly deep either, but not light too. Its nice and I like it!

The front pocket construction is great, my hands fit in easily and the pockets are really deep. DEEP!

The fit is, now that it is pre soak, wide. The rise, front and back, are high. Somewhere between my 634S and my Kapital TH.

Besides knowing that the jeans are tapered, you can also see it a bit, but not much. Right now I'd say its a vintage cut, and I am really curious how much the denim shrinks. From Bobbo's instagram pictures the denim seems to shrink a lot and the overall fit gets slimmer, making the taper more prominant. Right now I am hesitant if to soak them or not. I don't shit money, but all in all I paid EUR 122 and denimio was smart enough to spare me the customs fees. Meaning, I could buy me another pair next month, one size smaller, but then again, I would have another jean I need to get rid off!

The selvedge line is nice too. The golden thread is pretty thin though and hard to spot. A heavier one would have been nicer without pushing the price.

I don't know how these will evolve, but for the price they easily become my all time favourite - if I would be broken forever.

The quality should be the same as on the Sugar Cane 47s, though the SC denim is heavier, and from the jacket I owned, really beautiful! All the 60's details make the jeans even nicer and I am definitely a fan about this period of time.

If I missed anything, I hope the pictures do their part too!

gfps28zq.jpg
wng92q7t.jpg
9i6l9jxj.jpg
c7kx3mqe.jpg
gew9e2kz.jpg