Freewheelers, Bootleggers Reunion, Bubo, etc.

rnrswitch

2 hours ago, AlientoyWorkmachine said:

^ those look good. How long have you been wearing? Mine have 2 hand washes at this point but are far from this. Granted I’m only about 4-5 months in, still they seem to be on the slower side. It’s such a great fabric though. 

Same here. Slow fading but such a great denim 👌🏻 Nice cut as well.

Recent Freewheelers items. Courtesy of Hoosier ofcourse.

JvYuVfF.jpg

1947 601xx, Army Officer Shirt, Jenkins Shirt, Skid Row Shirt.

Beautiful items, some really nice detailing on these. All 100% cotton stitching everywhere, which really makes the difference here. Some threads are already fading and showing wear. Some details that I enjoy:

Heavy chainstitching here 🙂

10VIwva.jpg

Brushed surface looks and feels so good:

69Qttw1.jpg

yIrOPHx.jpg

irZR3eW.jpg

Cotton moleskin lining on the placket and gussets:

Eojf2Fq.jpg

wuN9bUk.jpg

This fabric is like iron!

XCFlswB.jpg

3VkliGC.jpg

O1FdTw2.jpg

Bonus rusting button on my 1951 601xx:

oinz9Ih.jpg

Double-face afterhood, quite a beefy hoodie.  This is even heavier than the heavyweight material since it is double-faced throughout.
Seiichiro weighed two of them in the same size (this one vs. heavy weight) and this one came up about half a pound heavier...
Will probably take a week to hang dry after washing. :laugh2:
Gjz0DVs.jpg
n6Blchj.jpg
iHU9e0N.jpg
uxKTWw9.jpg

3 hours ago, indigoeagle said:

Lovely stuff.

Great examples for what makes FW so special.

I also have the Jenkins. The flannel fabric is amazing. Great weight, amazing texture, and unique cut and details.

Yeah it’s a really interesting shirt that one. I wasn’t really sure about the tapered pockets but came to like them a lot, very spacious. The placket also has a quirky twist to it. How is yours aging? 

26 minutes ago, mstax said:

Yeah it’s a really interesting shirt that one. I wasn’t really sure about the tapered pockets but came to like them a lot, very spacious. The placket also has a quirky twist to it. How is yours aging? 

Well, with the texture it somehow felt a little aged as it came. Didn't require any time to get softer or so.
I'm very it occasionally, still the same.

1 hour ago, Broark said:

@mstax yeah this isn’t my usual cup of tea, but seeing some photos of the original that inspired it put me over the edge. And I wanted to try an afterhood, might as well be Freewheelers!

Ah yes I remember now, it’s featured on the cover of Lightning Magazine Vintage Sweatshirts!

@AnOldFolkSong I’ll get around to it at some point. Still not worth it. Yours have definitely had a rougher 4 months than mine. I’m in a Fellowship year at the university and these are my unofficial fellowship jeans, so not exactly physically hard wearing, they’re only just starting to get some character and barely. Also, only 2 hand washes and hang dries. 

@AnOldFolkSong I was just curious. I’ve washed and dried all my pairs a lot and have zero rust. 
I was just curious if maybe they switched the types of buttons they were using. 
looks really cool. Wish mine would patina like that 

FW non-wash jacket here with T-back. 

soaked for 1 hour at 40-50 degrees C. Then dried on balcony hanging. 
washed on gentle cycle no spin at 30C and hang dried. 
then washed one more time at 30 and hang dried.  
Most shrinkage is out I think as it measures same or close to what retailers post for the washed version. 

Horizontal seams pucker very nicely but not the vertical ones.  Does that mean there is more shrinkage to be expected still? Or will the other seams just pucker more with wear?

601XX-C after another wash, a year of wear into them now.
Not sure how they manage to do it, but I still don't have any loose threads.
Cool seeing the variation between the right and left side outseam stitches, the right side (left in these photos) being chainstitched and a bit thicker than the other.
vwfS5L7.jpg
jaTBoQn.jpg
ryyWha0.jpg
xyc6qae.jpg
v0utJUp.jpg
KCsfinY.jpeg