The Flat Head

LFC4ever

Mine's not a real slim fit in the very top; the top block basically fits like a straight-leg jean with a regular rise and comfortable hip. But yeah, like Danny said I've found that after a little bit of wear it's gone away. And I'm also quite thin.

Out of all the problems you could have with a pair of jeans, a little bit of looseness at the hip is pretty low priority for me. The 3009 is probably TFH's most versatile cut and I think it deserves more attention.

I think I will be getting a 3009 soon. I just want the rise to be a tad higher than my 310. Plus the it will be good to have a nice rotation going on!

+1 for the rise. I would love a pair of 3001s with a bigger rise, but even going up 1 size wont do me justice.

I think 3009s have the same rise, if I am not mistaking.

soaked my BSPs yesterday then left them hanging for about 4 or 5 hours. tossed them (semi wet?) on the floor in my room afterwards and now there is a vertical crease behind the right leg. any tricks to get rid of it?

I got weird ass lines in mine in the first couple wears. Don't iron them out they make it worse. They should come out with wear, mine did at least.

Does the waist on those feel tight? They should stretch a little and be fine. 3009 will be my next jean. Just like kyle said it is a versatile jean that doesn't get enough attention around here. Kyle has an amazing fit on his and that's how I want mine to look.

Nope, so they wont stretch much in that area. The zipper makes them look like that. The first hole I get, when I get them repaired I will probably get buttons put in. The rise is fine when I stand, but when I sit I constantly have to pull my pants forward. Maybe it will go away after they settle.

Edited by einstine

Palm_chanon: Wow. Those look absolutely incredible, especially for only four months. Either you live a seriously hardcore lifestyle, or that denim fades way faster than the Pioneer denim.

einstine: Yeah, based on what you posted, I definitely think the 3009 is the right fit: higher rise and roomier at the knee, slightly smaller leg opening in the same size.

I'm glad people like the fit on mine despite how loose they look on the top. If I bought another pair I'd think about going down a size, the waist on my 32s has stretched out pretty good by now.

ok, cool, they do stretch a bit in the waist but the top block as a whole doesn't stretch much...looked like they were squeezing tight along your hip bones...must just be my screen

I have pretty big hip bones I think that is why I could fit both my hands through the waist so deff not tight.

einstine: Yeah, based on what you posted, I definitely think the 3009 is the right fit: higher rise and roomier at the knee, slightly smaller leg opening in the same size.

I'm glad people like the fit on mine despite how loose they look on the top. If I bought another pair I'd think about going down a size, the waist on my 32s has stretched out pretty good by now.

So Kyle they are a 29, should I get a 28 in 3009? When I hot presoaked my 3001s they hardly shrank like a half inch.

Well, the waist on the 3009 is about the same as the 3001 in the same size. It looks like your waist is already tight.

Usually the Pioneer denim on the 3001, etc. will shrink about 1-1.5" when fully shrunk. I don't think your 3001s are totally shrunk yet if the waist only shrunk half an inch. Give them a spin in the washing machine in warm water if possible, or soak them in warm water again and agitate it by hand for a few minutes.

As I've written before, FH denim seriously needs agitation to fully shrink, just soaking it won't do the job. I think maybe you'd be better off going up a size in the 3001 - that will give you more rise (which really, looks good as-is) and more room in the thigh/knee. First give your jeans another agitated soak or wash.

Well, the waist on the 3009 is about the same as the 3001 in the same size. It looks like your waist is already tight.

Usually the Pioneer denim on the 3001, etc. will shrink about 1-1.5" when fully shrunk. I don't think your 3001s are totally shrunk yet if the waist only shrunk half an inch. Give them a spin in the washing machine in warm water if possible, or soak them in warm water again and agitate it by hand for a few minutes.

As I've written before, FH denim seriously needs agitation to fully shrink, just soaking it won't do the job. I think maybe you'd be better off going up a size in the 3001 - that will give you more rise (which really, looks good as-is) and more room in the thigh/knee. First give your jeans another agitated soak or wash.

I think I will sell my 3001s. They shrank to a 34" in the inseam on my soak. Selfedge lists the 3009s vs 3001s in sz 29 only difference is a 0.1 inch in rise, and 0.4 inch in thigh. That does not seam right correct?

What about the 3011 model? dc4 compared to the 3009 has a slightly smaller thigh, and larger rise and knee. Seem perfect.

Edited by einstine

Yeah, the inseam will probably shrink over an inch more on those. Pioneer denim usually seems to be about 32.5-33" when fully shrunk.

I think that the 3009 is about half an inch longer in rise in the front, but what the SE measurements don't reflect is the back rise, which is much longer on the 3009. I've found that the back rise tends to make a much bigger different in the feel and fit than the front, anyway. The top thigh will be about an inch bigger on the 3009 in the same size.

Of course, there will always be slight variation from one pair to the next (which is why TFH doesn't provide official measurements) but that should give you a general idea.

The 3011 and 3009 look like very similar cuts. But since the 3011 is more like a 3005 with a tapered leg - compared to the original cut of the 3009 - it might be looser in the top than the 3009.

Edited by Kyle@TFH

Yeah, the inseam will probably shrink over an inch more on those. Pioneer denim usually seems to be about 32.5-33" when fully shrunk.

I think that the 3009 is about half an inch longer in rise in the front, but what the SE measurements don't reflect is the back rise, which is much longer on the 3009. I've found that the back rise tends to make a much bigger different in the feel and fit than the front, anyway. The top thigh will be about an inch bigger on the 3009 in the same size.

Of course, there will always be slight variation from one pair to the next (which is why TFH doesn't provide official measurements) but that should give you a general idea.

So what is the difference of 3009 vs 3011?

*Sorry for all the questions I have no one else to ask.

No problem! I'm here to help.

I just went to the stockroom to compare the 3011 and 3009 in the same size, and to my surprise the cut is virtually identical between the two pairs.

I guess if I were you, I'd go for the 3011 because it's a limited model and has a few slightly different details, compared to the regular 3009.

No problem! I'm here to help.

I just went to the stockroom to compare the 3011 and 3009 in the same size, and to my surprise the cut is virtually identical between the two pairs.

I guess if I were you, I'd go for the 3011 because it's a limited model and has a few slightly different details, compared to the regular 3009.

I am going to buy the 3011s. It is so awesome that you could just go to the stockroom and check all the cloths out, I would be in heaven working around TFH clothing all day.

You been a major help!!!