The Flat Head

LFC4ever

That door handle is seriously cool.

They're available for special order from any Flat Head dealer, only $1200 each.

Those cuts are very very very different. My usual size is a 28. I took a 31 when trying on the IH-666OD and the thighs barely fit, practically painted on. In the 3005 (same cut as 2015) I take a 28 and the thighs are baggy. Unless you're looking to change up your style, I wouldn't blindly buy that jean. If you're near a Self Edge store, try on the 3005 model for comparison.

A 30 in the F310 gives me a similar look to the IH-666, but with the thigh room I need. Might be worth looking into the 3001/F310 unless you're really set on the 15th Anniversary denim.

Really wish some measurements for the 3002s would pop up...

Based on DC4's measurements, I think the top thigh on the 2015 is actually a bit slimmer than the 3005 (although it's possible that's just because the 20 oz. denim shrinks a lot differently.)

I'm not totally certain but I think the 3002 is like the 3001, but with a smaller hem. Wish I'd thought to ask them about that yesterday.

Dang, I wish you did too :)

I was hoping it was less slim than the 3001, something more like the s710xx. Though I love the silhouette of my F310s for summer, I had to size up 2" in the waist for them to fit in the legs, something I would not do again. The loose top block annoys me at times and I would prefer to be able to take my true size, like I can in the Samurais, and still have a slimmish profile.

I'll probably be going Full Count for a pair of lighter weight slim-straight jeans when it comes time for a new pair. Sucks because I want to have a pair of faded Flat Heads.

Edited by Planetarium

Yeah, if I got 3001s again I'd probably size up to 33 so the knee wouldn't be too tight. They're low-rise and the top thigh is still slim, and since the waist shrinks below tag size with a wash anyway it'd probably be a good fit all around. It sounds like 3009s would be a good fit for you, though.

Yesterday I got a sneak peak at one of the spring/summer shirts. The fabric is just insane, it's a blue chambray fabric with intricate patterns woven in darker thread.

Those cuts are very very very different. My usual size is a 28. I took a 31 when trying on the IH-666OD and the thighs barely fit, practically painted on. In the 3005 (same cut as 2015) I take a 28 and the thighs are baggy. Unless you're looking to change up your style, I wouldn't blindly buy that jean. If you're near a Self Edge store, try on the 3005 model for comparison.

A 30 in the F310 gives me a similar look to the IH-666, but with the thigh room I need. Might be worth looking into the 3001/F310 unless you're really set on the 15th Anniversary denim.

Really wish some measurements for the 3002s would pop up...

Based on DC4's measurements, I think the top thigh on the 2015 is actually a bit slimmer than the 3005 (although it's possible that's just because the 20 oz. denim shrinks a lot differently.)

I'm not totally certain but I think the 3002 is like the 3001, but with a smaller hem. Wish I'd thought to ask them about that yesterday.

Thanks for your responses, I really appreciate it. I think I'll spend some more time looking around at some other options, though I'd love to wear some Flat Heads for the HWDC contest.

I have a pair of the

Flat Head x Naked & Famous x Tate + Yoko Collaboration Jean

brand new with tags, size 34, only 50 pairs ever pade.

never worn. bought them, lost weight, and they've been sitting in my closet.

http://tatenyoko.corecommerce.com/Jeans/Flat-Head-x-Naked-Famous-x-Tate-Yoko-Collaboration-Jean.html

this is just a feeler, message me with an offer if you're interested

Thanks for your responses, I really appreciate it. I think I'll spend some more time looking around at some other options, though I'd love to wear some Flat Heads for the HWDC contest.

what are your options for HWDC?

It's strange. The collab jeans are said to shrink .4" in all dimensions, and yet the 106bsp is said to shrink about .8" in all dimensions even though they're made out of the same denim. I would say that mine did behave as stated on SE, but I shoved some towels in the thighs as they were drying and that made them much more comfortable. They should stretch out a little to a perfect fit; I'm also really surprised at how comfortable they are considering the slim cut. All in all, I'm super stoked with them.

I'm not exactly sure, but this was posted by SE in December 2011.

"Real Japan Blues

Real Japan Blues has finished a new run of the 103BSP and 106BSP jeans, these are available again at all three Self Edge stores and in our online store. These are made of a new denim, the same denim found on the SEXFHXRJB15 jean, 14oz unsanforized indigo denim which ages great over time and was developed by RJB to mimic the fading characteristics on Flat Head's 3xxx denim with a slightly different feel."

what are your options for HWDC?

Pretty much anything IH, 3sixteen+, one of the heavier pairs of Samurai or those Flat Head 15ths. I own a pair of IH and 3sixteens already, so I was hoping to try something different. Even considering a pair of the 20oz Kamikaze Attacks on Tate and Yoko.