The Flat Head

LFC4ever

Hi guys,

Thanks to all of the info and fade pics here, I'm now the proud owner of new 3009's size 31.

Raw measurements were a little under 31' waist and close to 36' inseam. After hot soaking them for 50min (20 min on each side and 10 inside out) , the waist shrank to slightly under 29' and to 33' in the inseam.

I'm not big on supplying fit pics but am happy with the fit and will provide comparison fade pictures at the 6 month mark (for both date and actual wear time).

Edited by 3ns�

anyone interested in a one of a kind/special flat head BANDANA handed out only to the attenders of the DC4/FH party last wednesday in berlin???

i got two of'em both in their original package & shrink wrap.

serious offers pm me.

More images from the DC4 party...

IMG-20120704-00321.jpg?psid=1

IMG-20120704-00322.jpg?psid=1

From right to left in the photo below... Kobayashi san (FH owner) / Daniel Antoni (FH translator) / contestant 1 in rock paper scissors game / contestant 2 / DC4 dude. The prize was a gold FH ring that Kobayashi took out of his pocket. (The dude in the shorts won.)

IMG-20120704-00319.jpg?psid=1

I'm selling my pair of FH 3009. They are size 33 and are probably one of my favorite jeans. Only problem is, is they are a little too tight for me so they are a bit uncomfortable. Sucks to let them go and I would really like to find them in a size 34 but they are sold out pretty much everywhere in that size. My loss is your gain. You can find them in the marketplace. Had them since March but only wore them probably about a month altogether. Here's a picture of them

Ap5zs_dCEAAisVo.jpg

As you can notice, only alteration I did to them was take out that trademark fancy stitching in the back. I was never really a fan of it so I take them off all of my Flathead jeans. Bought for around $420 but selling them for $300

http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php?/topic/139040-flathead-fh3009-size-33-300/

Edited by SallyDavis

fh bsp 18? months give or take a month, 4 washes. falling apart; multiple crotch rips, pocket rips, yoke stitching is all gone, belt loop came off. getting these repaired again soon.

click pics for full

fh1s.jpg

fh2d.jpg

Edited by goki

Can I get some quick help on flat heads?

Im dying to pick up a pair but I just cant find the right cut. I'm looking for something that has post soak measurements of:

A waist anywhere from 31-33

11-11.75 front rise

14.5-15 back rise

11.5-12 thigh

8.75-9.25 knee

8-8,5 hem

I've looked at the 3001 but its way too slim. The 3005 has too small of a rise and thighs, with legs that look disproportionately wide and the 3009 has a rise and thigh thats a taaddd too slim for me.

I looked at the F3__ series but I was told they're discontinued? Im open to FH collabs as long as its indigo denim.

Any suggestions would be great!

Edited by PhillyFresh

. The 3005 has too small of a rise and thighs, with legs that look disproportionately wide

DC4 has a much different rise measurement than Selfedge for the 3005. According to them it's 1/2 to 1" higher depending on the size. don't know who's closer to reality.

http://shop.dc4.de/M...aight::657.html

I don't know where you get the idea that the thighs are small. I have the size 38 rjb 105bps, which is 1/2" narrower in the thigh than the same size 3005. that's trim, but not uncomfortable on me. I can't imagine having any trouble with the thighs on the same size 3005.

Well I have a pair of FH3005 in a sz31 that I purchased about a month ago, and they're still unsoaked. Unfortunately I had them hemmed by SE so I can't even exchange them. Been trying to sell them since. Here's exactly how they measure:

Im a true 31 and these were tight on my waist. Never took exact measurement.

Hem measures 9

Knee 9.5

Front Rise is barely 11, more like 10.85

Thigh 11.25

These measurements are way off of what SelfEdge has listed for their sz31. The thigh and rise post-soak will become way too small. The thigh is trim as it is right now.

Also, one other questions setterman. I saw that you were part of the RJB world tour and it had me interested. How often to world tours come about on sufu? i'd love to get it on one in the future.

I would think that the 3009 was roughly what you were looking for. Most of FH's jeans have lower rises (unfortunately) but the 3009 is supposed to be a little longer. The thigh should be right, the only real problem with the 3009 cut is that the top thigh is too loose.

IMO FH should tweak their cuts, they don't work well for taller people (tapers too fast, hem on 3001 is too wide, rise too low, etc.)

IMO, the 3009's rise could be slightly lower but then again I am on the shorter side.

After a good hot soak the upper thigh fit well but the top block/hip could be smaller. The lower part of the back rise could also use a little more give as well so it doesn't ride up quite as much. However this is my first pair and they only have around 3 days of real wear so there is a good chance most of these issues will disappear with wear.

I don't know about other models but the 3009 size 31 pre-soak waist size was slightly under 31' which shrunk to a little under 29' post. Using that logic if you're looking for a 31' waist then go with a size 33.

Edited by 3ns�

Well I have a pair of FH3005 in a sz31 that I purchased about a month ago, and they're still unsoaked. Unfortunately I had them hemmed by SE so I can't even exchange them. Been trying to sell them since. Here's exactly how they measure:

Hem measures 9

Knee 9.5

Thigh 11.25

These measurements are way off of what SelfEdge has listed for their sz31. The thigh and rise post-soak will become way too small. The thigh is trim as it is right now.

Also, one other questions setterman. I saw that you were part of the RJB world tour and it had me interested. How often to world tours come about on sufu? i'd love to get it on one in the future.

I've had a lot of difficulties buying as per the measurements provided by SE. (And that's not necessarily a knock on them, as I am sure they are doing their best and that there must be a misunderstanding somewhere along the way that can account for my mistakes.)

That being said, definitely get the 33 in the 3009. There will be some hip flare at first and the taper from the knee down is pretty intense, but I found a second hot soak takes care of these issues. As for the inseam shrinkage, SE is on point with this respect. Expect 3" of shrinkage. ( Not necessarily all in one shot, but that is what you can expect in terms of max shrinkage.)

Hem measures 9

Knee 9.5

Thigh 11.25

Did you talk to selfedge about the difference in the measurements between your jeans and what is on the site?

Only tour I know that is going right now is the flat head one. They're put together by individuals. I think the fad is kinda waning, sorta like contests.

Measurement charts are just a guide.

I now ask the retailer to take actual measurements of the pair being shipped to me to confirm proper sizing.

I've also read that Blue Owl will measure several pairs of the same size, to enable you to pick the best fit.

Hall of Fade x TDV - Dry vs Dry 2012 Indonesia

F310

dededepanresize.jpg

dedebelakangresize.jpg

This makes me want a pair badly. Are those line streaks from tumble drying?

Edited by #GRAY

Did you talk to selfedge about the difference in the measurements between your jeans and what is on the site?

Only tour I know that is going right now is the flat head one. They're put together by individuals. I think the fad is kinda waning, sorta like contests.

I just contacted them, I bought them over a month ago so I'll see how they respond. It just makes me think twice before making another purchase...and it's hard to throw $300+ with such uncertainty.

Measurement charts are just a guide.

I now ask the retailer to take actual measurements of the pair being shipped to me to confirm proper sizing.

I've also read that Blue Owl will measure several pairs of the same size, to enable you to pick the best fit.

Yea they are "just guides" but, you always want some certainty and it should reflect a relatively accurate measurement of the pants.

i've bought 2 pairs of Flat Heads from SE and both have been significantly under the listed size - by about an inch. 1st pair i sent back, not cheap considering i live in Oz, and the 2nd pair i've managed to persevere with to get them to wearable point.

they can't measure every pair, it's just not feasible/possible. but those differences are frustrating considering the sums involved.

While it would be time consuming for a store to measure every pair of jeans, I don't think it's out of line to ask for before placing an online order.

Especially since we're talking about a $300+ purchase being made sight unseen that's potentially nonreturnable if soaked/ altered.

Before purchasing the 3009 I called Tate + Yoko and they were nice enough to take measurements. Which was of great help because many online stores have differing specifications (with SE's being the most)