The Flat Head

LFC4ever

Just got my pair of SE05BSP in today. Going to do initial soak in a bit here. Everything fits quite nice right now, but the waist I just can't get the top button done up. So really skeptical as to soaking the waist. Should I throw them in some mild water and as they're damp throw then on?

Just got my pair of SE05BSP in today. Going to do initial soak in a bit here. Everything fits quite nice right now, but the waist I just can't get the top button done up. So really skeptical as to soaking the waist. Should I throw them in some mild water and as they're damp throw then on?

You can either exchange for one size up or wear them raw for a few weeks till the waist has stretched about 1", then do a 20 minute cold water soak and let it air dry before wearing.

hmmm. i'm afraid even with that everything else will be too skin tight.. you might have to exchange for a size up

I am comfortable wearing tight jeans for awhile, as I wore apc ps for 3 years and at the start those were some of the tightest things I have ever worn. All I am worried about is the waist being horrible.

This may sound dumb, so excuse me and feel free to laugh, but can I put a spacer in it while they soak, or something to that nature?

You can either exchange for one size up or wear them raw for a few weeks till the waist has stretched about 1", then do a 20 minute cold water soak and let it air dry before wearing.

This sounds good, as I have no pants to wear (all crotches are blown). Will do that, thanks!

Edited by bradl

hmmm you can try that. or do do a variation of what kiya suggested. i would probably wear them while they were still a little damp until they dried. but definitely do a cold water soak for like 20mins like kiya suggested

Awesome, truly appreciate the responses, and being nice ;)

Will come back in a few weeks and post pics before and after.

Bradl,

You could hot soak them with some wood in the waistband to stop them shrinking or wear them in the bath - they won't shrink smaller than your waist while you have them on! After the soak you can pull the waist for extra stretch too.

Bradl,

You could hot soak them with some wood in the waistband to stop them shrinking or wear them in the bath - they won't shrink smaller than your waist while you have them on! After the soak you can pull the waist for extra stretch too.

The whole sitting around in soaking wet jeans for 5 hours doesn't sound very appealing. What would I do in that time, would ruin my sofa and my bed.

I was considering doing the wood in the waistband, but the cold soak after the 1" stretch looks like my best option. Won't be getting heavy wear over next week, but hopefully enough to stretch it out just enough.

got my f310's right now. was kinda tight in the waist but soaked em anyways. awaiting results...

edit: cold soaked for about 30 minutes, hung dry for about an hour, and wearing them damp now.. i love the fit. pics coming soon.

Edited by trance

Since it's basically a N&F fit, but made by Flat Head, it's all cool. If it was the other way around, then it'd be flame time.

ThinFinn, I'd buy that shirt from you if it was a 42. I used to think those houndstooth shirts looked weird but I've warmed up to them, too bad FH doesn't make that style anymore.

X-post from the NF thread

flame suit on*

Let me know what the inseam shrinkage is like post-soak. Based on my experience with TFH denim, it looks like those are going to crush your nuts after they've shrunk. (Hopefully for you, that won't be the case.)

Edited by Shoreman

^ Ouch. Now, now; no need for there to be all this animosity concerning a collaboration. I have no problem with it whatsoever. I just wish N&F would cool their jets and concentrate more on delivering a product of the highest quality possible rather than churn out numerous collaborations and novelty jeans one after the other.

Edited by Shoreman