The Flat Head

LFC4ever

inyourface i agree man. I thought FH were known to be one of the fastest faders out of the japanese names. I've worn mine almost daily for the past 10 weeks and besides minor wallet fade and whiskers, they're not fading much. definitely much softer though than when I first got em, but what denim doesn't soften quickly..

BSP is shrink from tag. if you're a true 32, then you need at least a TAGGED W33 on these. don't be fooled by the 1st soak__ the 2nd is a killer. . the denim contracts and weave gets even tighter on the 2nd soak... holds no quarter for a sympathy stretch. found that out the hard way.:(
got my bsp several days ago. sized up one and pretty happy with it although could have sized true to size. anyway thanks kiya for the advice and heres the fit

Would appreciate an opinion on sizing for the BSP (given these 2 posts). If most of my jeans (which have lower rises, so probably settle at slightly bigger waist measurement) end up at a little less than 32", could I get away with a 32" in the BSP? I figured 32" inches shrinking to 30.5, then stretching out another inch would put me right on the number for a snug fit, but I'm unfamiliar with FH and continued shrinkage on future soaks/washes

Thanks

I wear a 29 in diors, which you are supposed to size down 2-3 for and they are TIGHT.

I got a pair of BSPs in 31, and post soak, they are NOT.

If i could I would've gotten a 30.

I cannot recommend going larger than TTS unless you are looking for not-so-slim jeans. in which case, still go TTS

just go TTS

do you guys agree when i say that flathead 1001s fade extremely slowly? its been 4 months and a little and i really can only see visible fade when im in any form of bright light ie: the sun.

my 1001 is getting there. Its almost 2 weeks now since I got them. All I see now are creases and combs but no fades yet.

The general consensus on F310's would be stay true to size, correct? Also could any of you guys compare the F310 to Eternal 811's? If I'm reading the measurements right, the 811's are slightly larger above the knee and then they have a similar taper to the F310 from the knee down (comparing both with a 33 waist, my normal size).

Edit: I suppose also the 1001 since it is the same cut and the 3001/310 is being discontinued

just picked this up last week. Love it!

as you can see though, from the second pic, there's like... these white spots on the surface of the leather. I read that this is the wax that surfaces on the cordovan? How does one remove this? I tried to rub it off with a cloth, but it's really tough

IMG_0161.jpg

IMG_0159.jpg

Just got a pair of 1001's and wanted to know if stacking effects combs?Maybe im worrying a bit but the combs so farlook sort of sloppy and mashed together. if i got a hem would it make a difference or is this just how they look at the beginning stage?

^^ post up some fit pics...

if the stacking is excessive, the denim will obviously got bunched up in the knee areas if you have pretty thin thighs. otherwise it wont effect much.

try cuffing your jeans to minimize the stacking then see how the combs go..

Just got a pair of 1001's and wanted to know if stacking effects combs?Maybe im worrying a bit but the combs so farlook sort of sloppy and mashed together. if i got a hem would it make a difference or is this just how they look at the beginning stage?

i got mine hemmed to 33 and after a hot soak they are now 31. At first I was worried about the inseams being too short, but now I love it coz the no stack really gets me a nice combs.

I finally got FHs!!! can i get some feedback on how they fit? theyre size 32.

my true waist size is 32. i havent soaked them yet and they feel tight... iono if thats a good thing..

anyways here are the pics. opinions please!!

edit

these are f310s btw.

Edited by fredthekid

fred- soak them; its very hard to measure weather a pair of jeans fits good based on pre-soak fits. just as long as it isnt unbearably tight to begin with.

freestyl- about an inch max.

Those look like they'll fit nicely after a soak. If it's the waist that's tight, just put something in the waist to block it, or just wear it wet and man-up. If you're really worried, just do a cold soak but they're going to shrink to a certain point regardless so you might as well get the rough stuff out of the way now.