The Flat Head

LFC4ever

size 30 in dior 19cm

size 30-31 in nudies

i dont mind a skinnier, but not way tight fit

f301 - flathead

what size is reccomended?

i will be doing a soak right off the bat before i wear.

Not telling you to that kiya is wrong, cuz the man's the shit, but from my own personal experience, I wear a 32 in nudies (RR and SJ) and my size 34 flatheads (f310) are tighter all over than my nudies after all stretching and soaking and what not. Measure your thighs and go off Kiya's sizing chart to be safe.

and... update:

4 mo 1 wk of SOLID wear other than 40 hour weeks at work... This weekend I worn them quickly in the shower and wore them until they were dry to get rid of the soaked up sweat and hopefully achieve a more "sidneylo" like fade as opposed to super high contrast. Lighting isn't the best as the color of these things is of course way more amazing in real life but I don't want to take real "evolution" pics until after the first wash at the end of summer.

DSC04297.jpgDSC04298.jpg

When did The Flat Head start making jeans?

The 3001 tag says "since 1994" but the 1001 tag says "since 1996."

typo? used 14oz since 94 and 16oz since 96? Perhaps small and informal enough of a company back in mid 90s that true start date for Flat Head clothing is disputable?

Kiya most Flat Head lore flows from you since you actually know the guys... what do you know about the start date?

(3001 tag on right, 1001 tag and patch on left)

tfhsincedatesyg2.jpg

Not telling you to that kiya is wrong, cuz the man's the shit, but from my own personal experience, I wear a 32 in nudies (RR and SJ) and my size 34 flatheads (f310) are tighter all over than my nudies after all stretching and soaking and what not. Measure your thighs and go off Kiya's sizing chart to be safe.

no offense, but i think that your fit looks awkward and bad

When did The Flat Head start making jeans?

The 3001 tag says "since 1994" but the 1001 tag says "since 1996."

typo? used 14oz since 94 and 16oz since 96? Perhaps small and informal enough of a company back in mid 90s that true start date for Flat Head clothing is disputable?

Kiya most Flat Head lore flows from you since you actually know the guys... what do you know about the start date?

(3001 tag on right, 1001 tag and patch on left)

tfhsincedatesyg2.jpg

It's a thorny subject.. Officially Flat Head the company has been around since 1996, which is why their 5100 10th Anniversary jean was released in 2006.

Technically they've been producing since 1994.

They got their start making leather goods, even before the denim, the first two years (1994 - 1996) the denim was produced by another well known Japanese denim company, and it wasn't until 1996 that they moved all production to their own facilities and started to make everything in-house.

I'm considering a pair of 4001BK but am not sure about the sizing. If I understand it right, they fit tight, right? I usually wear jeans in 31 (Samurai) or 32 (Sugar Cane 47, Pure Blue 006) and am wondering if I should go with a 32 or 33 in the 4001. I am not after a tight fit, more of a comfortable slimmish fit. Any advice?

Also, anybody has any experience with that new black denim? Does it really fade like the black Samurai would or does it turn to an ugly washed out grey like most black jeans?

I'm considering a pair of 4001BK but am not sure about the sizing. If I understand it right, they fit tight, right? I usually wear jeans in 31 (Samurai) or 32 (Sugar Cane 47, Pure Blue 006) and am wondering if I should go with a 32 or 33 in the 4001. I am not after a tight fit, more of a comfortable slimmish fit. Any advice?

Also, anybody has any experience with that new black denim? Does it really fade like the black Samurai would or does it turn to an ugly washed out grey like most black jeans?

Get a size 32 in the 4001bk..

The fade very nicely.. the fades shows that vertical falling that you see with the 3XXX denim, but it's in black/grey as opposed to indigo.

Here's a size chart if you need it:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=68&products_id=202

Digicam sucks, sorry guys.

Post soak:

P8120001.jpg

P8120002.jpg

Was hoping for some more shrinkage but that's about as far as it gets. Hot soaked for several hours, threw in the drying machine. Top block is fine, bottom's a little TOO relaxed haha. Wished I sized down to a 29 now. Anyone got a 29 wanna trade for a 30?

judging by your denim list it looks like you go for more of the straight leg. measure your thigh size carefully though. i tried a pair of 3001 one size up and they looked like someone had painted them on my thighs. definetely not made for runners/heavy lifters

ya rice, to tell you the truth I dont think you'll be happy with any time you spend in these jeans in the long run... There's so many pairs that would go much better for your body type, even if you were wanting to try a more generous cut. They do look 1000x better than pre soak tho

Eh, well, hopefully I have a full year before I wear these (assuming the Dry Bones contest pair will fit), so I guess I have some time to decide, lol. Thanks for the input guys. And I don't think I'll lose TOO much on the resell...

I've considered SDA 103 before, but from BiG's measurements, they're too slim for me...heh.

Went ahead and did a (safe) 1 1/2 hour lukewarm soak. Inseam shrunk, and so did the thigh/knee and the waist. Also the calves are less bulky. Overal I'm liking the fit better now, slight taper couldn't hurt but hey, straightleg=straightleg.

Before/After

dsc00211gt8.jpg

2me714.jpg

Before/After

dsc00214dc2.jpg

rk7ju0.jpg

wait, F310 is tapered right? F380 is the straight leg.

F380 is straight leg.. F310 is straight slim.

Flat Head does not yet make a taper slim cut..

The SE05BSP will be their first slim tapered jean..

What will be the length of the inseam on the flathead SE05BSP

39" long...

tell me more about this SE05BSP

The SE05BSP is a new Flat Head model..

A new slim tapered cut with a button fly and 39" inseam made of 14.5oz 3XXX denim and cotton poly-core thread.

Sizes go from 28 to 38 and the rear pockets have a half arcuate forked tongue stitching in indigo.

kind of reminds me of the SExFH05's. Will it have poly/cotton thread? and when will it be available?

Yup, cotton poly-core thread...

It'll most probably be available at the Flat Head party at Self Edge on September 7th.. along with the Flat Head long sleeve chambray shirts that they've embroidered with "Self Edge x Flat Head" in vintage embroidery..