The Flat Head

LFC4ever

I just go a pair of Flathead 1001 sz 32 and they fit perfect on me.I wanna give it a hot soak because the inseams are so long but I am worried the waist will shrink and cause me unable to wear them. Should I just wear the denim for a week or 2 let it stretch and then hot soak it?

HOSTTHESE016.jpg

Flat Head 380's bought around july last summer, worn every day just about. ( Some of the pictures HAD to bad altered in contrast because im taking the pics in my basement :) )

HOSTTHESE014.jpg

Big contrast in the thigh and leg..

HOSTTHESE002.jpg

Torn up back pocket :( This picture is proably the closest to the real color. ( front is more extreme though )

HOSTTHESE006.jpg

HOSTTHESE007.jpg

Yeah.... Thats blood. ( won't wash out )

HOSTTHESE012.jpg

HOSTTHESE010.jpg

Shitty camera sorry for the bad pix

My X-Post from Evolution of jeans, woo

there are more combs on my right leg cause its bigger:p

happens to me too, every time. good fit though, keep it up.

I just go a pair of Flathead 1001 sz 32 and they fit perfect on me.I wanna give it a hot soak because the inseams are so long but I am worried the waist will shrink and cause me unable to wear them. Should I just wear the denim for a week or 2 let it stretch and then hot soak it?

no man, these are unsanforized jeans, meaning they are going to totally change form the first time they are submerged in water. you want to soak them ASAP to get all of this shrinkage out of the way before you set in creases, or else it'll fuck everything up the first time you wash them. go ahead and soak them; the waist is always the easiest to stretch when it comes to denim. you can also do one or both of the following -- stick a coat hanger in the waistband during the soak or just keep the waistband out of the water. even if you don't do this, you'll be fine, you just might have a tight waist for a few weeks.

haha skistar mine are falling apart too but i think i got a whole lotta life left in them, i'v done a bunch of repairs on them ( the yoke, crotch, back pockets, knee) hopefully they will last another year :) they will look so nice if they hold up that long.

You should post some pictures of yours

hey for the FH 1001, i wear DH raws in 27 and am wondering if i should buy the 28 or 29.

Get a 28 in the 1001.

ya, I'm having similar issues with the yoke, crotch, back pocket. I only get to wear mine nights/weekends/and time off because of work so I'm trying to hold off until the 6 month mark to wash so I'll have before and after pictures up the first week of September. Most likely I'll have to do some signifcant repairs at that point too to keep them from deteriorating.

Sz 32 Flat Heat 1001 gave it an accidental 1 1/2hr hot soak, wanted to do it only for 1/2hr.

Pre- Soak

P8240002.jpg

P8240025.jpg

Sorry for the PreSoak pics being bad did not find my tripod when doing this so I head to resort using the damn mirror.

Post Soak

Picture113.jpg

Picture112.jpg

Picture114.jpg

Debating if I should keep them, think they look too tight on me especially around the thighs. Guess I need to git the gym again.

mike, keep em. they will stretch. repeat: they will stretch.

i bought a pair of 31's and they measured 31.5" post soak. they now measure 34" and i've worn them with a belt every single day. i don't usually wear my jeans slouchy but i have NO OTHER OPTION because they are SO damn loose around my waist now... haha. (note: this was true to size... i should have sized down 1 as i opted for a slimmm fit)

anyways. hopefully another hot soak down the road will tighten em up.

but they will stretch, so i would suggest keeping em. a 33 is going to look very much less flattering.

They sure look tight, but operationjake is right in that the 1001 denim DOES stretch a whole lot more than, say 3XXX denim where you might be a bit screwed...

I too can account for that, if you're looking for a tight fit on the 1001's they should fit you very tight right after the soak, the denim has enough stretch in them, even in the thigh area.

i bought a pair of 31's and they measured 31.5" post soak. they now measure 34" and i've worn them with a belt every single day. i don't usually wear my jeans slouchy but i have NO OTHER OPTION because they are SO damn loose around my waist now... haha. (note: this was true to size... i should have sized down 1 as i opted for a slimmm fit)

Why does the Self Edge website quote a waist size of 31.5" pre-soak with a 1" expected shrinkage and 1" expected stretch. Going by this, your jeans should now be back to 31.5" rather than 34". Is this information not accurate?

B.

Why does the Self Edge website quote a waist size of 31.5" pre-soak with a 1" expected shrinkage and 1" expected stretch. Going by this, your jeans should now be back to 31.5" rather than 34". Is this information not accurate?

B.

You left out a bit of information. We also state in that same sentence that "the denim will stretch 1" in the waist after 20 wears".

The denim will stretch MORE after 20 wears, we're merely stating how much the denim will stretch within the first few weeks of wear.

At 5 months my 3001s have seemed to max out around 3" stretching. My sz30s have been at 33" for a good month and a half now.

I cold soaked them recently with a bit of soap and they shrunk all the way back down to 30". It was quite a chore to get them back to a wearable state, but after two days wear they were back where they were before the soak.

I bought my first pair of Flatheads last night in Ueno, the guy insisted I size up 2 sizes so I ended up getting sz32 4001.

How much should these bleed in the first soak? I put them in the bathtub with about 5 inches of water and this is what it looked like.

2803465510_5d3f7dd1d9_b.jpg

I only did a 30 minute hot soak so this seems a bit much.:confused:

Guest ManOfSteel555

i have 4001 as well, they do turn the tub water completely dark compared to the indigo.

don't worry about it, it's normal. they won't shrink as much as the indigo either i've found.