The Flat Head

LFC4ever

Not only is that wallet more expensive after shipping than the ones we sell, the reason we had them change the one we stock is because everything falls out of the half that acts like an envelope with a flap enclosure on the one you posted..

a couple quick questions...

does a 4 hour hot soak take care of nearly all shrinkage for my f310's or can I expect them to continue shrinking as they hit water?

also, the indigo in these is DEEP, how long can I expect them to bleed, 2 weeks, a month, more?!? I love having blue hands every day but I'd like to be able to sit on light colored couches again soon :)

• 1 month later...
just quick- is there a sizing discrepancy between the 4001bk and f310 like in many indigo/black versions of the same cut have?

Well since the 4001 is the same cut as the 3001 and the f310 is the same cut as the 3001 just with better stitching I am guessing all 3 are the same cut.

My bad! This late at night my mind doesn't function right, but judging from the Self Edge website I would say there isn't but the 4xxx denim doesn't shrink very much so that might help your decision.

Yeah it shrinks a lot less that is why I bought the SEFH05BK because being tall I am loving that inseam. The fact that the 4xxx denim fades like indigo is also very interesting so I recommend trying those dino.

yeah i just ordered some 4001s in light of this little shrinkage news.. hoping the thighs on them dont get as crazy as my blues. ive been wanting some blacks foreverrrrr.

they stretch out more stubbornly too? or about the same?

i think there are pics of hemmed 3001's or F380 in the 3001 thread. that guy was tall too, and i think it ended up being too short for him. make sure you soak first and see where theyre at before you decide to hem..

just bought a pair of the 4001's that have been soaked already. Are they supposed to look kinda fuzzy? I thought they would still look a bit shinier after a wash..

Flat Head's denim is unsanforized, unsinged, and uncalendered.. These three things lead to a denim with a lot of character and quite a bit of "hair"...

• 4 weeks later...