356401240_7da137dab1.jpg

What camera do you use? I attempted to capture something moving to this degree and it was terrible. It was dark and the moving parts where still blurred.

I used a 400D, ISO at 1600 and shutter at 1/320. I even used a tripod! I didnt get near enough as good result as you did :(

if it was dark then you just simply need more light. shutter speed obviously needs to be fast, so use a lower aperture or just better light conditions.

some more shots from the road:

Thanks, well i was outside so it was natural lighting. Tho, it has been grim lately.

Anyway, ive got a new light, ill try out the smashy smashy thing another day.

I did some water shooting today, jus uploading pics now.

2181194054_7894d85d5a.jpg

primed its all about the flash i took that shot at night too. Flashed off camera to the right

Really? Well it looks like i cant do anything like that any time soon, i dont hve a flash gun and my next buy is a wide angle lens.

Well I just got a new Nikon D40. my first SLR. So i have been just taking random shots around the house.

i dont really know too much about photography just yet, but want to learn as much as i can. And i have been trying to listen to anything i have heard you guys talk about. lol Thanks alot everyone.

I thought this one was pretty cool. the background is cluttered but oh well.

taken with a .5x wide angle lens.

2181608673_e71e8202c0.jpg

I miss walking around in San Fran. So I picked up my dad's new cheapie 55-200 f4-5.6 lens (A QUANTARAY :D) and did a walkabout the neighborhood.

2181987561_2896b93161_o.jpg

2182774138_97447aa946.jpg

2182774076_8853d34a23.jpg

2182773986_94a0f23199_o.jpg

It's passable... considering it's free.

No, they might be a bit flat though... digital b/w can be tricky... I'm not an expert on it but digital grain changes the textural qualities of b/w for me.

As for the lens I used it was a 17-40 4.0 L shot wide open on a full frame.