mikeyt52, i'm no expert, but i think this would look a lot better if you got rid of the people at the bottom of the frame

1-13-07jeffdroppingintoabombDSC_606.jpg

thanks for the response!

i think i'm going to keep it as is. the people kind of give perspective as well as weighting down the bottom of the frame. i tried it cropped as you said, and to me the wave seems to look like it's floating... thanks though!

Off topic but,

Does anyone have any websites to buy camera lenses at good prices, yet reliable?

Does such a combo exist

Sigma4less.com is pretty good if your looking for some glass

thanks for the site mutt^^

could anyone explain the advantages/disadvantages to fixed lens(ie 30mm) vs. zoom lens(ie 18-55mm). i mean obviously with the zoom you can zoom, change the angle of view, and with some lens you don't have to worry about your aperature changing when you zoom.

with fixed zoom lens, i've noticed some go into the f 1.4 also. im sure the type of photography people are gonna be doing is also important.

yeah its a dope site can get at least a couple hundred off than ive seen off any place. ive used them 4 times never had an issue. I like using a fixed depends what im shooting. all mine are built like tanks and going to F1.4 is always great

yea seriously, alot of good deals around the site.

so would the fixed lens be ideal for portraits, right? the 1.4 would help in low light settings and great DOF

i was eyeing a 18-50mm macro lens that stays at f2.8 tho and investing in both at this point isn't gonna happen.

The 18-50mm lens @ 2.8 fixed is amazing if it is the Canon version.

Also I would like to reccomend you ask these questions in the DSLR thread instead of the Photo thread. Please look there:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=19484

I've always thought that prime lenses are for a certain type of purist... less layers of glass for better clarity... but that's could be just as nutty as the Canon vs. Nikon debate...

Theres some truth to it. Has really little to do with purist attitudes and more to do with what works for you. But the big benefit of fast primes is shooting in low light and shallow DoF.

Now if Leica would ever catch up in sensor development for their M series the Canon, Nikon discussion would be over.