guess ill have to work on that? any tips?

I'm no expert, but what he meant was the out-of-focus circles apparent in your close up the flowers (second picture).

Basically the hard and/or bright edge of those out of focus circles, as well as doubling of the flower shadows is generally described as 'hard' or 'harsh' bokeh.

Bokeh is generally determined by the lens design. here's an extract from an article that could help:

• Wider apertures do not necessarily improve bokeh.
  • Longer focal lengths improve bokeh. If smooth rendering is important, get a longer lens and back up.
  • Apertures shapes are not really an issue with bokeh, especially near wide open. In none of these tests was aperture shape the main determinant in apparent bokeh quality.

I'm just getting started up myself so I've been reading a lot!

I'm no expert, but what he meant was the out-of-focus circles apparent in your close up the flowers (second picture).

Basically the hard and/or bright edge of those out of focus circles, as well as doubling of the flower shadows is generally described as 'hard' or 'harsh' bokeh.

Bokeh is generally determined by the lens design. here's an extract from an article that could help:

I'm just getting started up myself so I've been reading a lot!

well, it was on a 1 second stop, so i can understand what he means. i dont think it was a negative comment. i dunno a lot of technical lingo.

Sarlo...just wow. great shots, especially the 2nd one by the lake.

Thnx.. i'm still learning becuase i only made 1600 photo's so far :).. took these pics with a fuji finepix s6500fd (s6000fd in the us)