Anyone else use gradient maps in PS to do color to greyscale conversion? I just 'discovered' it and combining that with hue & channel mixer I get pretty interesting results.

http://photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=005ww3

http://andreassaudemont.com/en/articles/bw-gradient-map

i usually use the black and white tool thats new in cs3, combined with some leveling and color filters before hand.

yea i started it as kind of a joke bc its so strange to me. I mean if i slept outside in philly i'd wake up with no money, no clothes and some bruises. Sleep outside in japan and a homeless dude tears you off a piece of cardboard. (this was just one extrodinarally nice guy, not all are so nice)

I'm trying to push the project a little further to try and make it something along the lines of everyone is sleeping or the city is alseep by only having people sleeping in the photos but composing them in a way that it seems like they are completely alone, if that makes any sense at all. along the lines of "tokyo nobody" by masataka nakano

thanks everyone for the kind comments

Yeah, I really like your series too Aaaron. Very interesting concept, I'd like to shoot some of my own series photos with that same idea.

Those Guttenfelder photos are ill .. I really like the one of the businessman wearing the mask .. and the photo out of the back of the train, looks like the same weather we're having today.

they didn't send you to london, did they carl?

Nope...unfortuneatly for me interns arnt on the budget priority.

I did get to go up in a helicoptor today and photograph an airplane crash, though...two dead and another in critical condition. Seems like this shit is almost normal in florida.

205r7q.jpg

25qry0y.jpg

w04cg6.jpg

20hprid.jpg