Last time i was in my local camera shop i saw they had a refrigerated case of "professional" film.. what is different about this film? why is it refrigerated? lol does it just have super intense colors? thanks

shouldnt all film be refrigerated?

i dont know exactly - the film i buy isnt refrigerated.. but i dont let it get hot, like in my car and stuff. I get the fujifilm quality II. its not the top of the line stuff.. but it works for just messing around.

edit:

7c42234f.jpg

What's so bad about them? :confused:

for one, the picture of the clouds relaly shows no content on it. its basically...clouds...

as for the picture of the dog and thje coyote (?) theyre excusable for what they are but nothing special to it.

lastly, the picture of the tree looks like a big blur, its out of focus and has no dynamic feature to it, anyone with a 20$ point and shoot can replicate that photo

overall, your pictures just lack any content and purpose. not much sense of composition and absolutely nothing interesting about them for peopel to really look at.

fuck that, i love the picture of the clouds. you're way too deep in your own head if you don't look at that image and think "oh wow, that's a nice sky". not every good photograph has to be an award winning, conceptual image- it's ok if it's just nice to look at.

kodiak- you've got good focus in the first 3, work on composition now. that wolf shot would be a winner if there was some sort of comp. to it, the colors are really nice. the 4th is strongest compositionally, it's just out of focus. maybe go back and reshoot?

im speaking purely from a critiquing stand point.

anybody can take a shot of clouds and make it look "cool" but to conceptually make it interesting, kodiak just didnt hit much with it.

but that could also be said about alot of photos in this thread...not saying its a bad thing but alot of peopel tend to think pointing at something and shooting it and post processing it makes good photography...not to mention alot of photos ive seen are out of focus...

I really appreciate some of the work Carl has done, all his photos give me something. understandably, he focuses alot on photo journalism, but besides that, his photos have such a dramatic feel and excellent composition, keeps viewers' eyes on the photo, which alot of people lack.

indeed some photos aren't that interesting, or aren't interesting at all. Kodiak ones are among the less interesting of those last couple of pages imo, except maybe the wolf one, but still, nothing is really eye appealing.

but if all pictures had to be among the most interesting, no one would post here. it's good to have diversity, and being able to choose the photos/styles we prefer, i think that it's what make this thread one of my favorite one on superfuture.

^^ really true some stuff is shit, other stuff is ok, and some of it is great. Thats the best part about this thread. Hopefully it's contents will help others boost their creative confidence and keep shooting or at least strive to see things in a new way and grow with their photography skills.

Last time i was in my local camera shop i saw they had a refrigerated case of "professional" film.. what is different about this film? why is it refrigerated? lol does it just have super intense colors? thanks

all film should be refridgerated at the store preferably

the diff between pro films and consumer films (not really so strict anymore) is that pro films have an emulsion that is ready to be used in the near future, while the consumer film's emulsion is formulated to be sitting on shelves for a while

i freeze all my film, i buy lots at a time and even though it goes quick, there is no reason not to freeze really.

kodiak - not meant to single you out, just came into the thread and your pics were last up

likewise, Epoc - no, just no.