what are you reading today?

almondcrush

I actually found AHWOSG riveting but did not enjoy his 2nd novel nearly as much. The tone is very Dave Eggers, but I just found Velocity kind of jumbled and insincere. Although what I read was the first edition and from what I understand he editted it very heavily for the paperback release.

What is the What was very enjoyable.

Hrm I'm liking Velocity a lot more than AHWOSG, at least comparing the early parts of the respective books. Just much more coherency with it all.

ive been reading what ever is lying round at my house, bangkok tattoo .. the 5 people you meet in heaven.. neither are books i would normally look at but they were there and served the purpose of giving me something other than watch tv in the evening, life with no internet at home sure is hard.

just got this in the mail

wil_helm917.jpg

'restricted to people with geeky film knowledge'

do comics count as reading?

cotton - i bring that book with me whenever i go on a trip more than 2 days. you never know what might happen. ever.

my house is inferior and vulnerable to zombie attacks. i'd have to make sure i have a getaway plan and enough gas to do it...

Found a translation of all of kafka's work with journals and diaries with interesting footnotes. Currently at <i>Amerika</i>.

Which one did you get? I have both older by Edwin and Willa Muir and newer by Eithne Wilkins and Ernst Kaiser, which are the definite editions. It's interesting to read both. There are also Malcolm Pasley translations which are called critical editions but I didn't read those.

Kafka is great, I learned German pretty much to read him and Wittgenstein.

Which one did you get? I have both older by Edwin and Willa Muir and newer by Eithne Wilkins and Ernst Kaiser, which are the definite editions. It's interesting to read both. There are also Malcolm Pasley translations which are called critical editions but I didn't read those.

Kafka is great, I learned German pretty much to read him and Wittgenstein.

I'm reading it in french so it's none of the above. Maybe I should try reading it in english to see if it feels different.

the information revolution as ideology -- in media, culture, and society, by jennifer slack

is there life after the information revolution? -- in the myth of the information revolution: social and ethical implications of communication technology, by cees hamelink

yay

The Stranger is one of my favorite's dino, and Zen & the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance is great. actually last year they had a passage from it on the SAT's (hah!)

i'm reading:

Fall of the House of Usher - Edgar Allen Poe

re-reading The Subtle Knife by Phillip Pullman

still working on The Great Gatsby