what are you reading today?

almondcrush

12101425.jpg

Works:The Anatomy of a City. By Kate Ascher.

She at one time was some major head on the NY/NJ Port Authority. The book is awesome and has some very good information of the things that you didn't know about New York City. Although there are somethings that I didn't need to know in there too.

the great gatsby is such a good book

the making of kind of blue is also a good book

and im finally on the home stretch of Pillars of the Earth. loonnngg ass book.

i finished great gatsby a couple weeks ago

so good.

i was talking to my parents about it

they told me its one of those books you read and re-read and so on because it gets better each time.

just started the autobiography of alice b. toklas - gertrude stein. i can't wait for the pillowfights and jello wrestling.

ha! i read Ida, and it reads like a 1000 page novel compressed into, what, 160 pages? loved it though. i have been staring at The Making of Americans forever, intimidated. i love the idea of stein writing ms. toklas' autobiography. stein towers over me like few other authors. i love her lecture on painting.

I recently finished White Noise by Don DeLillo. I highly recommend it.

+1

just finished up The Road by Cormac McCarthy..a really good read..i recommend it.

+1

while waiting for the Philadelphia Free Library (more crooked sons of bitches you can’t ever have come across) ISS to deliver a couple books (mockingbird by tevis; and hangover square) i have been sailing through Charles Olson's Maximus poems. he carries the torch for Ezra Pound; his work is the poetic equivalent of Vollman: he reaches far back into the nascency of America, incorporating ship logs, archived letters, and blending it with NOW [olson's now, our then, i guess] and mythology). fantastic work. i don't know how well it would read for someone unfamiliar with the Eastern seaboard/new england...

the great gatsby is such a good book

the making of kind of blue is also a good book

and im finally on the home stretch of Pillars of the Earth. loonnngg ass book.

i finished great gatsby a couple weeks ago

so good.

i was talking to my parents about it

they told me its one of those books you read and re-read and so on because it gets better each time.

Currently reading The Great Gatsby for the first time and liking it a lot. Also reading Catch-22 which is funny as hell and for my magazine reading today its

Mental_floss_5.2.jpg

i'm re-reading The Subtle Knife by Phillip Pullman (doing the whole trilogy)

gonna start on Gonzo by Jann Wenner soonish

thinking of trying my hand at Joyce's Ulysses, but i barely know his work, so i might start with Portrait of an Artist as a Young Man or Dubliners

start with dubliners. from what i've read, it's the most accessible.