what are you reading today?

almondcrush

finished The Kite Runner last night, thought it was one of the best books i've ever read. highly recommended! also last night i picked up The Road and began that. McCarthy is truly an original writer. i read No Country For Old Men last year and this book seems like it's written in a completely different style. no comparative trademarks whatsoever. despite this, i am enjoying it so far.

next up:

Watership Down

The Kite Runner?

Yuck.

Great read if you know nothing about Afghanistan,

horrible if you want a decent plot.

hmm weird how do you explain the fact that it got #1 new york times bestseller and won a book of the year award if it has such a terrible plot? every major book review and highly regarded journal thinks otherwise of your opinion.

I'd like to see these "highly regarded" journals' reviews of Hosseini's attempt at a culturally enlightening novel. It was written as a blockbuster novel; it was written to sell, just like all the shitty romantic comedies, teen-gag flicks, and action movies that come out every weekend.

polishmike & I are completely right.

• 2 weeks later...